What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Bohrvape Chaser kit

nwhornet

Legend
Bohrvape Chaser kit
chaserhead.jpg

Usual disclaimer, although provided at no cost or fees paid by the vendor, the views stated here are mine alone & I have no affiliation with either Bohrvape or POTV.

Kindly sent to me by @bohrvape we have for review the Chaser kit.

In the box

The Chaser kit comes in a pseudo leather effect box with BOHR in silver print. This comes inside a cardboard sleeve again with branding, social media links & contents list on the rear. Opening the box you have the Chaser mod & a box containing the USB charger lead & battery adaptor. Remove the top layer & you are presented with the Archer tank, spare 6ml glass, O rings, spare coil & User manual & warranty card. A well presented package as I have come to expect from Bohr after receiving the Flask earlier.
chaser1.jpg

chaser2.jpg

Archer tank

chaser3.jpg

The tank supplied in the Chaser kit is Bohrvapes Archer tank, 28mm dia & 8.5ml bubble glass fitted. This comes with a pre-installed 0.15ohm mesh coil. The coil has a suggested range of 60-90w & 19-26A in Play mode. The tank is top fill by sliding the cap in the direction of the arrow on the top cap, with a decent sized fill hole and air vent revealed when the top is opened. This makes refilling quick, even with 80vg juice. Three bottom air holes provide more than enough ventilation to the coil. Large wicking ports & plenty of cotton between mesh & body ensure this is a breeze to set up & vape. The only issue I found when refilling is the 810 tip gets in the way unless your juice bottle has a long tip. The tip has 2 O rings so if you want to swap it out you’ll need tips with O rings fitted. I don’t normally use stock coil tanks, mainly because I prefer to tailor the coil to the attie, but have enjoyed using this as flavour is good & cloud production is, erm cloudy. At the time of writing 60-70ml of juice has been used in both Power & Play mode & absolutely no drop off in flavour detected.

Chaser 127w mod

Onto the Chaser mod now. I received the gunmetal version & have to say it does look the part & matches the gunmetal tank. This is a 18650/21700 single cell mod outputting 80w/127w depending on battery type & running their proprietary “SAGA” chip as seen in the Flask. The adaptor supplied for 18650 cells needs to go on the negative end otherwise there’s a risk of the mod wrongly detecting the cell & allowing the full 127w to be selected. The detection is made by a 2nd pin in the negative end of the battery tray. The battery door is held on by 3 magnets, no discernible movement when on, & has a soft touch coating making it comfortable to hold.
chaser4.jpg

The main body appears to be a zinc alloy & the paint finish is solid, no chips or scratches after being thrown around in the works van. The buttons are contrasting matt silver & give a satisfying click when pressed with no real play or rattle. The fire button is big & did cause me to accidently fire it when I first had it as I tended to wrap my hand round the mod & catch it. The screen is nice & bright with all the relevant info displayed. Simple yet functional, unlike some screens that have more info than the Apollo astronauts had & more colours than a rainbow. The 510 is 28mm dia, sprung pin & smooth threads. I had one issue when I received the kit in that the tank wouldn’t screw down completely, leaving a gap between tank & 510 plate. On checking why I found the pin not aligned correctly but a couple of prods to release the pin & it’s been trouble free ever since. Most likely a QA issue that I flagged with Bohr, but haven’t seen mention of this from any other reviewer so could just be bad luck.

In use I found the Chaser to be very comfortable in the hand as it’s not a heavy mod even with an 8.5ml tank & 21700 battery. As said it fits comfortably in the hand & can be used either thumb or finger firing, left or right handed.

Five modes are available, Power, Volts, TC, Custom & Play. 5 clicks turns the mod on & 3 clicks scrolls you through the various modes. 4 clicks accesses more options to adjust power, current or temp menu. Fire & Up button combined for 1.5s locks the mod. Volt mode I tried around 3.7v & noticed little difference to the 70w in Power mode. Power is most peoples preferred & with the mesh coil ramp up is almost instant. TC unfortunately left a bit to be desired but I do use DNA devices exclusively for temp vaping. With a standard 0.3ohm SS316L coil it was just not possible to dial in decent settings for a consistent vape. There are further functions available by pressing Up/Down together & new menus for Custom & Curve become available. I’ll be honest it’s not the cleanest UI but this is a fledgling company looking for something to set themselves apart, but sometimes simple is better. Play mode I tried on the Flask pod & didn’t really see any advantages but on the Chaser the effect was more obvious. Using Amps it seems to regulate the power output better so the vape doesn’t get hotter the longer you fire, apparently using pulsed delivery to achieve this. Ironically it worked better than TC in delivering a smooth vape so maybe drop TC mode seeing as it worked better with the SS set up than temp control.

Pros & cons

Pros include comfort in hand, 2 battery types, easy to read screen, large capacity tank, decent battery life so far coils have lasted well. Also no overhang unless you go bigger than 28mm dia. Matching mod & tank in gunmetal.

Cons are having to use fire button to access menus/modes as this fires power to the coils, not an exclusive to this kit as too many mods do this. TC poor & drip tip gets in the way when refilling, again an issue with many slide open top fill tanks. Lack of availability in the UK/EU. Only seen it on sale at Sourcemore & VaporDNA. Coils are hard to get although it is reported that Smok Prince TFV12 coils fit but they’re not cheap & Smok QA.

chaser5.jpg

Roundup

I’ve enjoyed using the Chaser kit & have had no real issues in use. My biggest gripe is unavailability to UK/EU customers due mainly to the non TPD compliant tank. Should the Chaser mod be sold separately then I am sure it would be a popular choice. Until then it needs to be more readily available on the Chinese sites.

More info here https://bohrvape.com/index.php?c=product&id=25

Bastard!!! I told you I'd read it and want one! [emoji23] Great review mate [emoji4] and come on @bohrvape get your shit together and start selling the mod on it's own and get into the UK/EU market, this mod will attract suppliers without the tank then the flask will make it too [emoji6]

Bastard!!! I told you I'd read it and want one! [emoji23] Great review mate [emoji4] and come on @bohrvape get your shit together and start selling the mod on it's own and get into the UK/EU market, this mod will attract suppliers without the tank then the flask will make it too [emoji6]
When I've used this coil I'll send it you for a play & you can use & abuse the spare coil. :D

When I've used this coil I'll send it you for a play & you can use & abuse the spare coil. :D
Thanks for the offer mate [emoji4] but it's alright you keep onto it I'm sure they will make it to market as there products are good enough so it will be something to look forward to like getting my hands on more DTL coils for the flask [emoji1]

Thanks for the offer mate [emoji4] but it's alright you keep onto it I'm sure they will make it to market as there products are good enough so it will be something to look forward to like getting my hands on more DTL coils for the flask [emoji1]
Offers there bud. Gonna chase my contact about coils & will let you know the outcome.

Good review mate. That's an interesting looking thing. A shape that looks like it was designed, thought about rather than lazily copied! :thumbup:

Good review mate. That's an interesting looking thing. A shape that looks like it was designed, thought about rather than lazily copied! [emoji106]
Thanks for the comments bud. It is very comfortable in the hand. Needs some work on the firmware though as TC is not very good. Play mode is unusual & takes a bit to dial it in but it's ok. Tank isn't bad & coil life has been good so far but do think it'll sell well as a standalone.

Back
Top Bottom