What's new

Asmodus Tribeaut

Gitchy

Achiever
@Sourcemore contacted me to see if I'd like to review some stuff for them. I like doing reviews so I said yes.

I picked and they sent me this.

20200706_154938.jpg

The Asmodus Tribeaut.

https://www.sourcemore.com/asmodus-tribeaut-80w-box-mod.html

Sourcemore have very kindly provided a coupon code to bring the price of this down to $32.45. That's about 26 quid! The code is ATM.

The specs off the asmodus website are:
  • Chipset: asMODus 80H
  • Dimensions 1.5in*3.2in*1.6in
  • Powered by a single 18650 battery (not included)
  • Ergonomically Shaped Chassis
  • Power Output Range (VW or Curve Mode) 5.0-80.0w
  • Power Output Range (Temperature Mode) 5.0-80.0w
  • Operational Atomizer Resistance Range 0.1-3.0Ω
  • Temperature Control Range: 212-572°F / 100-300°C
  • Adjustable TCR and TFR Functionality
  • Temperature Control Presets For Ni200, Titanium, SS316, and SS317
  • User Programmable Wattage Curve Mode
  • Puff Counter
  • Standby Current <350uA
  • Standby Time: 10s
  • Vaping Cut off Timer 10s
  • Charging Parameter: DC 5V/1A
  • Reverse Polarity, Short-Circut, Low-Voltage, High Resistance, Low Resistance, and Overtime Protection
  • 510 Connection
In the box you get the mod, a usb cable, a battery safety sheet, the usual warranty card and a little leaflet to tell you the manual is online. You could call that lazy but to be honest I'm more likely to use my phone to look for manuals anyway these days. I'm too lazy to go to my shed to find a box and get the paper manual out.

The first thing you notice is the size and shape of the mod. It's big for a single 18650. It's also triangular. This actually makes for a pretty comfortable in the hand mod. It just fits the hand really well. The fire button has the asmodus logo on it and is big enough that it fires however you hold the mod. You can use your finger, thumb or even your palm to fire it up. There's a plastic panel on the face of each side that makes the mod look pretty nice but those that hate fingerprints will hate these. On the button side there are 2 buttons lower down to change the wattage and functions.

20200706_195925.jpg

Another thing you notice is the size of the 510 plate. Its big and will happily take a 25mm tank. There's more space past the plate as well so this mod will comfortably take a 28mm tank and you'd probably get away with a 30mm tank with minimal overhang. The 510 pin is springy and solid.

5 clicks will turn the mod on. And every time you turn it on after opening the battery door the mod asks if the battery is without damage. A bit different but not annoying as it's only a click on the left adjustment button. 5 clicks when the mod's on doesn't turn it off. It just takes you to the function menus. Here you can turn off, go to the different modes (pwr, temp, curve, tcr and tfr), adjust the brightness, clear the puff counter and exit the menu. To navigate this you have to press the power button to cycle through the options and use the adjustment buttons to click into what you want.

I did try to use the temp control modes but I really don't know what I'm doing and must only have ss wire that's too low resistance to work properly so I can't really comment on them. I have read other reviews that say the temp control is good on this mod. Much like the other asmodus mods. I'll need to get some 28awg ss to test it out for myself.

20200714_180737.jpg

Battery life is good. I only vape at 40w so I was getting a full day out of an 18650. Higher wattage will obviously drain the battery quicker.

The only thing I don't like about this mod is the brightness of the screen. Even at full brightness the screen is quite dull and is nigh on impossible to see outside with any light shining on it. Personally I set wattage and go but its a pain to try and see the battery level if you're out for a good while.

In all I really like the Tribeaut. It looks good, is very comfortable to hold, feels solid and the battery lasts well for the way I vape. As noted the only downside is the dull display but I could live with that.

Nice looking single 18650 mod.
The paintjob looks awesome!

thx for sharing ;)

Great job buddy. I do love asmodus stuff.
I've actually just spoken to the lovely Ella and handed back my keys so the sourcemore review floor is yours.

Back
Top Bottom