What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

ASMODUS minikin v2 180w

eyeball kid

Legend
The following review represents my own thoughts and not that of POTV.

The awesome Ella at @Sourcemore very kindly sent me the asmodus colossal for review last month and I enjoyed the experience so much I asked her if I could try the dual 18650 minikin v2. She kindly obliged.
WP_20190328_21_26_18_Pro.jpg

Here it is and it's a stunner.
Included is a sub charge lead and manual with guarantee card.
WP_20190328_21_27_33_Pro.jpg

This little beauty and it is really compact (and I mean so compact its a joy to use out and about) is a dual 18650 180w powerhouse of a mod, containing the same state of the art processing board as the colossal but with the ability to deliver 180w of power.
Again efficiency is in the high 90's so it will outlast even the latest evolv boards in side by side testing.
The controls are once again accessed via the responsive touch screen menu which offers everything you could possibly need including the option of setting up your own custom power delivery curves and tcr settings for custom temp control wire.
It runs from 5w -180w and takes coils down to 0.1. You can charge via the on-board usb (although a separate charger is always wise) and the firmware is upgradeable.
WP_20190328_21_26_59_Pro.jpg

I said before that I hadn't understood why asmodus had such a following among the vape community. Now I completely get it. The mod is robust, compact and beautifully designed and built. Again simple stylish lines and fantastic finishes (including some very tasty stabwood models). This one is a kind if distressed bronze, great for ocd as if you scratch it, it will only add to the design.
This is as good as power delivery gets.

You can grab one here.
https://www.sourcemore.com/asmodus-minikin-v2-180w-touch-screen-box-mod-black.html

Thank you to Ella and the kind folk at @Sourcemore for letting me play with this.

Last edited:
Nice review mate. I wish more folk would review some of the older mods now to see if they stand up against the newer ones coming out.

I nearly got one of these last year bit went for something else instead. They seem like great mods.

Try get asmodus to fix that on a warranty issue [emoji848]‍♂️
I see you've got a beef with asmodus.
I've used a few and passed a few more on to fellow vapers and they're definitely in the reliable category for mods.
Rarely seen issue's from user's on forums over the last five year's and the fact they'd honour a guarantee puts them in an elite category, lol.
All manufacturers will charge to fix or postage which is usually thirty notes plus due to the end destination.
End of the day is these are cheap Chinese electronic devices, no matter how much we covert and are willing to pay. They will fail.
If your mindful of a good return for your outlay then buy from the UK for the maximum guarantee from vendor (best your going to get and still likely to cost you a tenner in postage) or buy a brand with a UK sevice centre (evolv based mods), even better, shout vapesmarter or fyne mods and receive a lifetime of service. Great value in the long run.
Otherwise mods are like £500 banger cars. If it gets you to the next mot without costing too much then it's done well, if the next mot costs more than £400. Bin it and start again.

Great review @eyeball kid, sounds like a good solid mod. I’m still tempted by the colossal but don’t need one yet!
I sent a PM for one that was for sale on here as the Mrs needed a new mod, seller not been back on since.
I never ever got around to buying an Asmodus despite always meaning too, battery life is supposedly as good as it gets for any mod on the market.

I sent a PM for one that was for sale on here as the Mrs needed a new mod, seller not been back on since.
I never ever got around to buying an Asmodus despite always meaning too, battery life is supposedly as good as it gets for any mod on the market.
Excellent mods. Love the little colossal too.
I've not found fault with any amodus stuff for the price. Only downside I've ever seen is the touchscreen crack if dropped. But that's life today with phones and tablets.

Back
Top Bottom