What's new

Sub Ohm Zeus X rta

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
My first effort at giving my thoughts on a rta, just because of the many variables really and the fact that you can get so many different results with the same piece,as well as there not being too much you can actually say tbh. Even though the fundamentals of building a rta remain the same

ZeusX.jpg

Here we go then, “review” today is Geekvapes most recent rta, the latest in the Zeus line, the “X” following from the first being a single coil, the aptly named zeus dual, shocker, a dual coil rta and now the zeus X another iteration and last in the Zeus line up ,of the dual coil rta.

Thanks to Ella over @Sourcemore for sending this over, my own words yadda yadda yadda
https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-zeus-x-vape-rta.html

The Zeus X,

In the box as what is pretty standard , you’ll get your spares bag and tri tool, coils and cotton, spare straight glass 3.5ml capacity and of course the rta itself with the installed bubble glass holding an extra ml at 4.5ml capacity, and you’ll need it

The X comes in at 25mm at the base,even though it does flare out a little like the other rtas in the series, 28mm at the widest part of the bubble glass & 40mm high including the “ultem” tip
zeusx1.jpg

Starting at the top with your drip tips the standard pre installed tip is a super low profile delrin 810, some will like, but I’m guessing it would be too short for most, but they do include, what seems to be an ultem alternative which I prefer

zeusx2.jpg

The top cap is typical of geekvapes tanks as of late with a quarter turn and you have access to your adequate 2 top fill slots
zeusx3.jpg

Just below that top fill top cap, will be your afc 12 x 3mm

Air enters and travels down between your 2 chimney sections and entering your deck, this is where the major changes have taken place. The chimney insert sits on top of your deck , into place with a couple of notches on the deck this in then “secured” into your rta via oring and locks into place when the tank is fully assembled, it ensures that the airflow holes are always lined up with the coils
zeusx4.jpg

Onto the deck , kind of similar to the previous zeus , a 2 bar drop in style deck, ample room for some fused claptons etc does have flat head screws which I personally hate, luckily there’s some spares.

zeusx5.jpg

My thoughts,

I’ll start with the look, I quite like it, its not too different to the dual tbh, I know theres a few people out there that hate bubble glass but it’s pretty necessary with these rtas, and I wish there was a little more to get hold of on the top cap, bit of deeper knurling or something, but that quarter turn cap doesn’t take much to remove

Ease of build and wicking, these type of decks are super easy to install your coils on , once you’ve got your coil leg length down, all hail coily, I’ve been happy with a 7 on the coily.

Reason being is you cant get at the legs of your coil once its installed, so you’re risking a short. With enough room for a couple of fused claptons, 3mm id, quite tight but they do the job in there.
ZeusX 6.jpg

Ah the wicking, the sink or swim of rta , and it is sometimes the latter if you balls it up. Fortunately there’s no bath in juice with this one, you may get a mouthful of what feels like molten magma though, if you’re a little thin on wick

Thats my issue with this one tbh the wicking , just like the zeus dual, a couple mm of cotton is all the difference between great flavour and wicking to muted flavour and dry hits, you want as less as possible, just seated in the channel not tucked all the way in , certainly not jammed in there all tight, on the verge of flooding but not quite

Built and wicked well this rta performs, the airflow is is smooth and pretty quiet to, which I really like, the vape you get is quite “fluffy , dont know how to explain that tbh lol, may sound like I’m experiencing the early symptoms of a stroke

Get it wrong though and its a complete disaster, you need the wicking bang on , not like some rtas out there that you can just bung some cotton in there and away you go, my favourite type.

Wish they would included other airflow options on the chimney inserts, that could alter the vape in different ways

All in all if you were a zeus dual fan, can’t see you being disappointed with this, wouldn’t recommend it as a first rta though as the wicking may be a little tricky to nail at first and wouldnt want to put you off rtas

Cheers for reading

Thanks to sourcemore

Got my missus a blue one of these to match a particular mod and she has been delighted so far. The first thing she said to me though was "this drip tip sucks, have you got a nice matchy matchy one, that's better?" Luckily I did have. Nice review, thanks for the effort.

Got my missus a blue one of these to match a particular mod and she has been delighted so far. The first thing she said to me though was "this drip tip sucks, have you got a nice matchy matchy one, that's better?" Luckily I did have. Nice review, thanks for the effort.

cheers mate, appreciate it, knew they'd be more that didnt like that stock tip

Nice review, thanks. I have had this RTA a couple of months and was on the verge of giving up with it. Spitback, dry hits galore, but I have got the wicking sorted, which is so key to this RTA. Performing great now. The screws in the deck are a bit pony I have already had to replace two of them already..

Nice review, thanks. I have had this RTA a couple of months and was on the verge of giving up with it. Spitback, dry hits galore, but I have got the wicking sorted, which is so key to this RTA. Performing great now. The screws in the deck are a bit pony I have already had to replace two of them already..

cheers, glad you've got your wicking sorted , definitely the most vital part of build the X and the other zeus rta , getting just the right amount

Back
Top Bottom