1*Prebuilt Coil(0.3Ω)
1*Extra 810 Driptip
1*510 Driptip Adapter
1*Coil Lead Guide
1*Cotton
1*Accessory Bag
1*Bubble Glass

Rta size: 24mm
Capacity: 2ml or 3.5ml with included bubble glass.
Material:Stainless Steel
Airflow Type:Honeycomb Airlow
Drip Tip:810
Pin:Gold Plated 510 Pin
Topfill
WP_20210807_13_24_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20210807_13_25_50_Pro.jpg

Right, I know @ZT has already done a review of this but as he's already stated a clear interest in it being good as he's selling them, I thought I'd return to the saddle and have a pop.
This is apparently a colab with mike vapes from YouTube.
I've seen a few of his review's and he seems to know his stuff and he's been around a long time so... Fair enough.

Nice packaging which isn't of much consequence apart from it protects the spare glass well due to its sturdy nature and it contains a nice clear and simple instruction manual.
You do get a nice flat staple Clapton style coil (0.3ohm) which is wound to perfection in that the coil legs are spaced exactly the right size to drop into the deck.
You get a piece of firebolt style cotton with the lace like aglet for ease of wicking through the coil and the diameter is to fit the coil (more on that shortly).

The Eclipse includes a specifically designed drip tip (which is perfect imho) but In the accessories you get both 510 and 810 drip tip adapters so you can fit your favourite drip tip for match matchy.
Also in your accessories pack you get all your replacement o rings and what o rings. Yachtvape have made sure these are beefy as you like. Nice touch.

You also get a coil leg cutting tool to insure you cut the legs perfectly every time. It suggests 6.5mm or 7 mm so I went with 6.5mm cos my dad's harder than yours.
Turns out 6.5 is perfect.
Once tightened (the deck hex screws are cleverly hidden inside the air flow and offer four slots so which ever way you wind your coil, your laughing @Jd.
WP_20210807_13_28_39_Pro.jpg

The coil did literally fall in as ZT stated and when tightened with the included Allen key (smooth as silk) the coil actually sat perfect, not any twisting or sitting off centre so big love to yachtvape and Mike.
A quick strum and squeeze (of the coil, my own personal habits are none of your business) and things where glowing perfectly from the centre of the coil with no hotspots.
I have little time for included coils usually but this is a good coil, a very good coil.
Wicking was easy due to the easy wick cotton. But.. I found on beginning to pull it through it was just dragging the coil a little so I removed the smallest amount of cotton, I mean a few strands so the wick passed through with a small amount of resistance. Perfect.
I cut the wick at the edge of the base (a the photo shows) and just poked it into the well.
The smart move here is that the well Is shallow so the travel from juice to coil is minimal which clearly makes this a wicking monster.
Again everyone differs but the choice of airflow goes from full open dtl via two large slits and can be adjusted down to a restricted dtl if you preferred and want to put a flat nichrome coil in. It goes without saying this will not do mtl vaping.
WP_20210807_13_35_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20210807_13_35_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20210807_13_39_26_Pro.jpg

I actually chose to try a little bottle of Dr fog eliquid first as it's 75% vg which should have highlighted any wicking issue's.
I started at 20w which did very little and worked upwards. If you like a rdl vape then 30w would do with this coil but wide open needs 40w minimum and I vaped a full tank at 50w of the 75% vg juice pretty swiftly and it had zero issue's keeping up. The great wicking is highlighted by removing the top cap as this is a top fill and zero bubbles appeared which tells me it wicks beautifully. Also it's been sitting over night completely full and nothing has seeped out. Bonus.
I'm moving into some of this likitless tobacco high vg juice next so will update and do a review of the juice too while I'm at it.

WP_20210807_13_47_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20210807_13_43_21_Pro.jpg

What's the bottom line Eyeball.

Well I've been away from dtl for a while due to needing a tooth root removed and most liquids containing some sugar which have me tooth ache.
The Eclipse caught my eye for two reasons. Yachtvape made the Pandora which is one of my favourite mtl tanks and the fact this looked a no fuss tank to build and there's no denying it looks bloody stylish. Minimal logos, just pure business in a compact frame.
WP_20210807_13_41_34_Pro.jpg

I liked the honeycomb coil surrounding airflow which reminded me of a blend of the steam crave dtl tanks and the better squonking dtl rda 's and the flat deck has been a favourite and something I'm used to with the supreme tank.
It is super easy to build and it just works as it should. No wicking tips needed.
The vapour this thing produces will put many dual coil tanks to shame and the shorts chimney offers fantastic flavour, actually probably the best flavour I've experienced.
It's well built with all options catered for and looks fantastic.
I'm back in the dtl gang.. All be it a part time member.
At under thirty quid it's a bloody bargain
Don't hesitate, it's the tank all the other's promises they'd be.
WP_20210807_13_27_19_Pro.jpg

Note: I've included the manabush card not to be an arse licker but as when I tried to find a top cap for my Pandora in the UK I have up searching in the end.
If anyone Google's the eclipse (and more often than not the images come from potv review's), hopefully it should show them where to find one.
WP_20210807_13_48_00_Pro.jpg

Buy yours now at manabush.
https://manabush.com/products/yacht...1&_sid=eeeec657e&_ss=r&variant=39408225878079

I've also just noticed that Manabush sell the firebolt cotton with the aglet ends which I'd recommend having used in big coils prior. Also if you've dexterity issues it really does help to thread your cotton through the coil.
https://manabush.com/products/vapefly-firebolt-cotton-vaping-wick-cotton

Last edited:
Ooooft this has just made me want one even more. Hopefully there are some left at the end of the month to buy.

Nice to see you back for a review mate.

I’ve caved and ordered one and a couple of Likitless to try, Brain Drain and Fondue, thanks for the discount code @ZT [emoji106]

Cheers @eyeball kid your review was helpful, I like simple no faff tanks and haven’t had a single coil dtl’er for a while.

Great review bud. Not for me but an interesting read nonetheless.

Nice to see you doing Reviews again @eyeball kid and an excellent one to boot. I have a lot of interest in this RTA 1st because it's Yachtvape and 2nd because you and @ZT have both rated it highly meaning it must be good.

Great review mate, thank you. I love single coilers especially if they have a restricted DTL so this one is going firmly on my list.

Great review bud, its a mint little tank

I’ve caved and ordered one and a couple of Likitless to try, Brain Drain and Fondue, thanks for the discount code @ZT [emoji106]

Fondue is well tickling my fancy, that's next on my juice list

Back
Top Bottom