What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Wotofo SMM Serpent Elevate RTA + GIVEAWAY

Finished testing it with TC mode SS316L coil and performed well, I think with the slower ramp up time it doesn't perform as good as the Ni80's.

I will pick the winner via random number generator on Sunday night, still time to pop you name down (or fix the list if you no longer want it).

Good luck all.

Thanks for review @Vapaneezer Scrooge . Did you try other cotton? If not let us try this.
1. Mr.Motivapr
2. Razuddin
3. RAPTOREX
4. Andy S
5. gary68
6. chebik

I did, popped some Muji in it, I've not had dry hit issues as such since I found the sweet spot with wicking as long as I don't chain vape it too much.

In my opinion anything with long wick legs isn't the best for low ohm chain vaping, like the Drop RDA in squonk mode.

I put a higher ohm coil in it which helped it keep up wicking, if I remember I will pop in an Ni80 coil around 0.5 ohm coil in it.

Anyone looking for a new RTA I would get the Oumier Wasp Nano RTA compared to this, easy build, easy wick and delivers as good flavour if not better, but just a better tank in most respects. (Review coming soon)

Fixing the list as @Andy S has got one now:

1. Mr.Motivapr
2. Razuddin
3. RAPTOREX
4. gary68
5. chebik

In my opinion anything with long wick legs isn't the best for low ohm chain vaping, like the Drop RDA in squonk mode.
Holy truth ))
Some attys need much more time for experiments. My Intake RTA f*cked my brains for two months. Same dry hits as you decribed until i've found video showing how to wick it in a correct way.

@Vapaneezer Scrooge please disregard me re the giveaway, I've given in to temptation and bought one. :)

£29.99 from 888. Could've got cheaper online but I'm an impatient impulse buyer. Have to say I'm impressed. Yes, the wicking was a bit tricky to begin with but I've got it sussed now. (Note to Apes in general, I wouldn't bother with the bootlaces, they're too thick for the supplied coils and too tight in the juice ports - I think you'll need about 4mm coil and then taper the tails for those to work.)

I have a .35Ω framed staple with some fairly loose Cotton Gods gold and I've found the way that works best for me is to get the wick tails so they don't quite touch the bottom of the channel then spread them a bit if required to make sure they fill the whole width of the ports. I'm using 70VG and it's soaking up fast enough to chain at 40W.

I expected the airflow to be a bit restricted even with the intakes fully open due to the way it goes down the sides and back up under the coil, but no it's fine. At 40-45W I'm getting a really nice vape with the AFC about half open.

Slight con: WOTOFO's website promises a coil leg tool in the package, which mine didn't have so I have to eyeball it- not a biggie. All round a good bit of gear. Won't win any prizes for external appearance IMO but does the job. Oh, and for builders - it doesn't care which direction you wind your coil.
Interesting you're managing to chain vape it with that setup and wattage, I haven't tried a framed staple (one of my favourite coils for single coil setups)

You're right about the supplied cotton, it definitely needed thinning out or as you say a larger ID coil.

Hopefully it's new owner will have a better experience than I had with it, I still think it's a poor design especially these days, you really shouldn't have to faff around with a new RTA as much, as a wise woman once said "Aint nobody got time for that"

Another possible con, the plastic tank sections are flimsy. Could just be me being heavy handed but I've broken the bubble so now being as careful as a monk on a virgin with the straight one. Would like to know if there's real glass or at least something stronger than what's supplied available.

I was lead to believe the final retail version would be glass, I'm wondering if you've been palmed off with a review version?

You should have had a 'coily tool' and Glass bubble tank.

Glass tanks should be available from Wotofo direct. If you bought the Elevate from a UK vendor it only comes with the plastic tanks.

great review mate. Well worth a challenge.

1. Mr.Motivapr
2. Razuddin
3. RAPTOREX
4. gary68
5. chebik
6. Michael Jackson

sorry thought list was on other thread so put name there

1. Mr.Motivapr
2. Razuddin
3. RAPTOREX
4. gary68
5. chebik