What's new

Sub Ohm Wotofo Profile M RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210329_171128.jpg

Please note that you do get more in the pack but I used all the mesh strips and the cotton before I took the pic so this photo is a little sparse.

The Wotofo Profile M RTA

https://www.sourcemore.com/wotofo-profile-m-rta.html

It's sitting at $21.89 at present on the Sourcemore site as it's on sale.

The Profile M is a 24.5mm diameter mesh RTA that holds 3.1ml of juice with the straight glass and 4ml with the included bubble glass. It is top filling so there are no leaks and the airflow is quite open when fully opened. You can use normal, round coils in it but it is much better using the mesh strips imo.

In the box you get:
1 Profile M RTA 3.1ml
1 Extra 810 Drip Tip
1PCTG Bubble Tube 4ml
1 Clapton Mesh A1+Ni80 0.15ohm Coil
1 Classic Wotofo Mesh A1 0.18ohm Coil
1 nexMESH A1 0.13ohm Coil
1 User Manual
1 Bending Tool
1 Accessory Bag
1 Cross Head Screwdriver
3 6mm Thick Cotton Strip

It’s quite a short RTA compared to other mesh offerings from Wotofo. The blurb states that it’s 27.8mm high without taking into account the drip tip and 510 pin so it does look good on smaller mods. The shortness also makes for more flavour as the deck is closer to the drip tip so there’s less space for the vapour to travel. The top airflow ring is nice and easy to adjust and doesn’t get moved in your pocket either. I also found that when the airflow is fully open the slide to fill mechanism lines up nicely with the M on the branding so it’s easy to find where to push to open it. And the branding is quite subtle, it’s engraved on the airflow control ring and simply says Profile M Wotofo. You get 2 driptips in the package, a resin one and a clear one. I did prefer the clear one as it's a little bit bigger, the resin one was just that wee bit too short for me.

The deck is the same as the other mesh tanks in the range as well with the clamp deck that includes a spring to push the cotton against the mesh strips. There are honeycomb holes in the chamber to facilitate the top airflow and this works pretty well as the flavour is superb. The fill port is probably the only thing I don’t like about this RTA. It’s got a silicone gromit in it that pops out every time I fill the thing and I have to push it back in every time. It’s not a deal breaker but it could have been fitted better.

20210329_165808.jpg

In use it’s a little fiddly to wick for a first time mesh user. It’s not like a coil and you have to be sure that the cotton is properly packed in in tight to avoid dry hits. I used the classic wotofo mesh strip first and after a few tries and fails to wick right with the included cotton laces I asked on another review by @JohnnyAce and got some great advice from other apes. Thanks to @LordOdin and @JohnNada I managed to figure it out and got my first decent wick done and it blew me away. This was my first experience with rebuildable mesh and it has certainly sold me on the concept. The 0.18 mesh was perfect for me at 60w and is definitely my favourite of the 3 strips included. The Clapton mesh is nice but a bit more fiddly to use as you have to be very careful with the wicking so as to not pull or push the clapton strips out of place. The flavour was better for me than the classic mesh strips but I find it a bit too finnicky with the wicking as I’m an impatient sod. I also liked the 0.15 nexmesh strip at about 60w but I find myself going back to the 0.18 as a favourite out of the 3. The vapour production with the mesh is amazing and the flavour is spot on. Wicked right there’s no hint of a dry hit unless I push the wattage too high and at the recommended wattages it is a dream of a tank.

I did try a normal, round coil in this and it’s great as well but really, when you have the mesh there’s no point in using a round coil imo. I have plenty of other tanks for that and I still like using those. I do know some people prefer a round coil though so it is definitely worth trying to see what suits you best.

Overall I absolutely love the Profile M and will definitely replace my stock coil tanks that I use at 60w with this. The vapour production is fantastic and the flavour is also great. There are only a couple of drawbacks, the silicone gromit is annoying and could be done better and then there’s the fact that this tank drinks the juice. I’m constantly filling the thing, even though it’s got a 4ml capacity. It has driven me to get the RDTA as well for the larger capacity now that I know I like mesh rebuildables and I have been using the RDTA all morning today since it arrived.

Collage 2021-03-29 13_18_35.jpg

Great write up and review @Gitchy :) Glad you managed to nail the wicking!

I know I said wasn't going to go for this due to the lack of glass bubble, but I've currently got one on the way from Healthcabin as I needed to make up for postage fees. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Unity, and I reckon it's going to look awesome on my Odin 100.

Good review mate. Got a couple of profile unities and love them so might get one of these. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom