What's new

MTL Vandy Vape Requim RDA MTL/RDL/DL

BigCloud

Veteran
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent this out for review

The Requim RDA is a colaboration between Vandy Vape and well known spanish you tube reviewer El Mono Vapeador
IMG_20201126_121842 - Copy.jpg

In the box is the Requiem RDA and 3 top caps with drip tips, Beauty ring, a coiling tool some spare O-rings, post screws, squonk pin, a screwdriver allen key and coiling tool, a 0.26ohm 2.5mm id fused clapton coil and instruction manual.
in box.JPG

Specs

Materials Stainless steel, Ultem
Diameter 22mm (24mm beauty ring included)
Height 15mm

Available in SS, Frosted Grey, Gunmetal, Gold and Matte Black which is the one i was sent
mG67Kic.jpg

The RDA is a single coil deck design, and has 3 airflow caps that provide you with 3 different vaping styles

The first is an MTL cap, with dual 1mm inlets and narrow bore drip tip, The second is an RDL cap, with dual inlets on each side. The final cap is DL and is wide open, providing much more air with a large inlet on either side, On each top cap the airflow is angled downwards towards the coil.
requiem-airflow-696x329.jpg

The RDA barrel is nice and short great for flavour, can be used with or without the beauty ring but looks better with it on making it 24 mm, has a simple logo on it, pushes onto to the deck with the cutouts pointing upwards so when you put the top cap on it sits in place in the correct position for the airflow holes, all 3 slot easily into place the tolerances are absolutley perfect everything has been machined superbly and nicely finished, however due to the nature of the channelled airflow design you dont want to go over a 2.5 mm id coil.

The build deck itself is a simple affair a coiling tool has been supplied making installing a build really easy and spot on every time raise the large flathead screws (you will need a different screwdriver than the one provided), put the coil on the coiling tool let it rest in the cutout channels on the deck, place leads under the screws tighten up and cut, simple.
IMG_4193.JPG

Wicking the Requiem RDA is simple just cut the wicks fairly short and drop them in the wicking channels its pretty hard to go wrong with this one.
IMG_4194.JPG
wick.JPG

I have installed various builds ranging from 26g round wire, up to tri-core Fused Claptons with no issues at all.

With the MTL airflow cap, I found a standard 2.5mm 6- 7-wrap 26g kanthal build to work best. At 14W-16W, giving excellent flavour with a nice smooth actual MTL draw

The RDL cap i only tried with the provided fused clapton 27/ga* 2+40ga At 25-30 watts, this build gave good flavour and produced some nice vapour, and a virtually silent, super smooth draw.

The DL cap is more my bag and needed a larger coil, I used a 2.5mm 5-wrap 28g tri-core Fused Clapton at 40W-50W, this resulted in great flavour and plenty of vapour a smoooth draw and again pretty silent

Squonking

When i saw the design of the deck i knew this had basically been designed with squonking in mind so i decided to swap the pin for the BF pin which was a bit of a pain because the screwdriver provided is no where near man enough for the job you will need a bigger flathead to remove the pin, This is because of a two-piece 510 pin design.
The deck has 2 v shaped slopes so when you squonk juice runs up the slopes hits the wall of the barrel and runs round the post screws and back down the slopes allowing excess liquid to easily return to the squonk bottle giving you a nice saturated vape every single time ive not had one single dry hit with that said ive not actually used it for dripping but i expect the results to be the exactly the same but without the hassle of needing to remove mtl cap to drip.

Pros

Great build quality and looks
Three airflow caps included
Easy to build on
True MTL, RDL and DL
Excellent flavour
Superb for squonking

Cons

Screwdiver provided is no good

If you feel like picking one of these up use the code REQU for a discount here https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-requiem-rda.html
$18.48 Vandy Vape Requiem RDA

Thanks again to Lilia @Sourcemore for sending this across

Last edited:
Great review mate. Has piqued my interest. Thanks.

Another great review mate. I could me tempted with one of these if I find a decent small regulated squonker. Could be worth a punt for MTL liquid testing. Liking the look of it.

They are great wee rda's been using one four about 4 weeks now. The only con i found was the small deck when your squonking it doesn't seem to suck enough juice back unlike bigcloud has found as his does that nicely
20201209_154207.jpg

Back
Top Bottom