What's new

MTL Vandy Vape Berserker V2 MTL.

Astral

Achiever

Vandy Vape Berserker V2 MTL.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Healthcabin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF9271 (2).JPG

Arrrraghhhhh, What are they doing to me? Sometimes I feel like I’m going mad.

People must do these things just to try me.

It’s getting so bad, I keep hearing beeping in my head.

“Beeeeeep” ”Beeeeep” ”Beeeeep”!

Either it’s madness or the sound of a truck reversing outside, I’m not sure which.

Take Vandy Vape for instance.

What’s with the reverse threading on this Berserker top-cap? What are they thinking?

I just keep unscrewing it when I’m adjusting the airflow, it’s so annoying.

I can’t get my head around it. What purpose does it serve?

Or perhaps it’s not them, perhaps it’s me, and perhaps it just my head that’s screwed on backwards?

DSCF9342 (2).JPG DSCF9352 (2).JPG
DSCF9347 (2).JPG DSCF9349 (2).JPG

Anyway, regardless of that, I won’t complain too much, my initial impressions of this tank are actually very good.

I certainly have absolutely no complaints with the design aesthetic of it.

It’s certainly an attractive little unit.

It comes in a choice of four colours - matte black, stainless steel, gold and gunmetal - and has a classy, deep knurling around the base and top-cap that suits just about everything that’ll take a 24 x 35mm tank.

The threading of these is smooth and the machining is seemingly good quality.

Screwing direction aside, the cap features a nice central logo and you get a choice of three finned or unfinned 510 drip-tips.

You also get a choice of two glass tube options - clear or ultem - both straight and both only 3ml in capacity, with the second, ultem one being the spare and the clear being pre-installed.

DSCF9328 (2).JPG

As an RTA, it naturally comes with an abundance of other odds, sods and doohickeys too.

These consist of an accessory bag, a spare glass, two spare drip-tips, a 5pc airflow insert set, two superfine 0.74ohm MTL fused clapton coils and the user manual.

DSCF9322 (2).JPG DSCF9331 (2).JPG

The 2.0, 1.6, 1.4, 1.0, 0.8 and D-1mm airflow inserts are a particularly nice touch, despite being plastic, because they allow you to fine tune the airflow from underneath, and leave the seven-hole airflow ring for fine tuning only.

However this is more than a little tight and can be a bit of a pain to adjust.

It would’ve also been nice if they’d included a 1.2mm insert too though as the space between the 1.0mm and 1.4mm seems a little too large for my tastes and an intermediate one would have seemed ideal.

Not that it matters much, the airflow ring brings them quite closely together anyway - as long as you can move it! - and rebuilding it with a different insert is a doddle.

In fact it’s so basic and familiar I didn’t even struggle the first time.

The floating deck is about as intuitive as they come, and the two post traditional, well proportioned parallel terminals and wide wicking holes mean you don’t have to be particularly dexterous to do it.

There’s room for abundant cotton in the wicking holes and the fluffy-stuff slots down into the voids effortlessly. The coil easily clears the air-inlet with good space too.

You better be a decisive person though as the hardest part is deciding which of those slide-in rib-topped inserts to use in the central channel - they were all looser than I expected though and the 1mm even gave quite an open draw.

On the plus side, access and navigation around the deck is no problem at all..

Neither the screwdriver nor coil-rod caught on anything or got obstructed.

Just slide the coil’s legs into the easily accessible holes, tighten the screws, wick, and bang, job’s a good ‘un. Tricky, it’s not.

I used a 2.5mm round wire build for the purposes of my test but a 3mm inner diameter would easily fit if you’d prefer.

DSCF9290 (2).JPG DSCF9307 (2).JPG
DSCF9310 (2).JPG DSCF9316 (2).JPG

Once you get past having to take off the entire top-cap, filling it is a doddle too.

All sized juice bottles fit the two kidney shaped ports well, and the membrane underlay means mess and spills were never an issue.

One gripe that I did have however, is that your juice level can be a little prone to guess work as the top-cap protrudes down past the chamber and obscures your view.

This was clearly done for aesthetic reasons but it does cause a slight inconvenience.]

DSCF9290 (2).JPG

Other than that, there’s nothing really here to complain about.

It vapes excellently, if a little audibly on the tighter settings, with a slight - but smooth - whoosh to it.

But from dog-whistlers to half-halers, everybody should get something out of it, and the draw is perfectly smooth for an MTL vape - so you should find something to your tastes, unless you want something super-duper tight and pull duck faces.

It performs as well if not better than previous Berserkers and the vape is both smooth and pleasant, with just the slight current and crackle of the coil to prick your drums. The flavour is terrific, and draws a great nuance from your juice.

I got no noticeable turbulence, and if the juice had pooled after sitting a while, all it took was a couple of draws to clear it right up.

All in all, this is an excellent development for Vandy Vape’s already good Berserker series and their continued collaboration with Alex Vaperz only enhances both their reputations.

This new Berserker V2 takes the brand forward nicely - and if you already have a Berserker V1 and love it, you’ll probably love this even more.

If you haven’t tried one, or are inexperienced in RTAs but would like to, then this is certainly an easy place to start.

Arguably only the 22mm Berserker mini might be a better bet for that but either of them will serve you well.

I certainly don’t think getting one is a decision you’ll live to regret and if you want something that’s good to look at on almost anything, then the Berserker V2 MTL is one to consider - just as long as you can get past that ridiculously tight AFC ring, the stupid reverse threading on that top-cap and that annoying beeping in your head!

If you want one you can get one from @Healthcabin for $24.99 and you can get 30% off just for logging in and a further 10% for being a new customer.

DSCF9339 (2).JPG

Good and honest review! Matches exactly with my experience with the mini, it's an awesome tank and main one in my daily rotation

Thank you

Great review sir! It's def one that's on my list as I really love my berserker mini.

Good and honest review! Matches exactly with my experience with the mini, it's an awesome tank and main one in my daily rotation

Thank you

Your very welcome.

I've got a Mini V1 too and always enjoyed it. It's fallen down the pecking order a bit not and isn't getting much use. I should dig it out and give it another go.

Nice review @Astral, matches my experience almost word for word.

I really like the vape, one of my favourites ever. And I quite like the look. But that fking top cap and the tight airflow ring are royal PITAs.

Another problem for me is the plaggi airflow inserts. They can melt if you dry burn the coil, which gives me 2 memory failure points - remembering to take it out before burning the coil and remembering to put it back in when I've finished.

I really like the vape, one of my favourites ever. And I quite like the look. But that fking top cap and the tight airflow ring are royal PITAs.

Another problem for me is the plaggi airflow inserts. They can melt if you dry burn the coil, which gives me 2 memory failure points - remembering to take it out before burning the coil and remembering to put it back in when I've finished.

Thanks @MHL, I haven't burnt my air inflow inserts yet, but I'll have to keep it in mind.

I was lucky to read about this before I got my tank so I knew this is something I needed to do before any dry firing

Great review @Astral . I have one of these but haven't used it for a while. May have to revisit.

Great review @Astral . I have one of these but haven't used it for a while. May have to revisit.

Thanks @rew. Why am I not surprised you already have one? LOL. You singlehandedly keep the vape industry in business my friend!

Yeah I've thoroughly enjoyed using this little tank. It's a decent bit of kit. I don't think I'll ever get used to that lefthanded threading though despite being a lefty myself.

My only other criticism is how tightly everything fits together. It can be a right pain in the derriere to adjust, but once you find your best settings, leave it alone and it's fine. Everything else is fine.

It's so easy to wick its perfect for beginners RTA and the more experienced alike.

Plus it looks awesome on just about everything. I've even had it on my little Galaxies 30w, and made for a lovely vape.

Best wishes and universal blisses.

Back
Top Bottom