What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

MTL Vandy Vape Berserker V2 MTL RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to test out.

20200917_091510.jpg

The Vandy Vape Berserker V2 MTL RTA https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-bskr-v2-mtl-rta.html

Lilia also sent me a discount code for this RTA, brings it down to a nice $18.99. The code is: BSKV2

This is a 24mm MTL tank with 3ml capacity.

In the box you get:

Berserker V2 MTL RTA
Accessory Bag with o-rings, screws, an extra fill port and a screwdriver
User Manual
PEI Tube
2 spare drip tips
5 additional airflow adjusters
2 superfine MTL fused clapton coils at 0.74ohm

Firstly, I’d like to address the only real thing I don’t like about this RTA. What in the name of the wee man were they thinking with the top cap? It takes up about half the tank and comes off when you try to screw the thing on a mod. I can see that they were going for ease of filling but god it infuriated me at first until I learned to screw and unscrew the tank on from the bottom. Now that I’m used to it I’m not bothered but the first day with the tank had me swearing at it constantly.

20200917_091315.jpg

The tank has a nice deck and coils are easy to fit. Fire the coil in, screw down and clip. Wicking is quite finicky though. I smashed it on my first try so thought it was great but subsequent wicks made me realise that I had to thin the ends quite liberally or I’d get a dry wick and not amazing draws. Once sorted the tank was brilliant, both for draw and flavour. Really good flavour on this RTA.

The airflow is good as well. You get 6 airflow inserts for the deck that allow you to customise your draw to how you like it. There’s a 2mm, a 1.6m, a 1.4mm, a 1mm, a 0.8mm and a D-1 which (I think) is 2 1mm holes. My preference was the D-1 or the 2mm as I’ve realised I prefer a more open draw. But the option for a super tight draw is there if you like that. There’s also the usual airflow ring on the bottom of the tank for even more adjustment. With the 2mm insert and fully open it is possible to get a pretty restricted DTL draw but you do need to have quite a low ohm coil in, the included 0.74 claptons are decent for it but anything above that is a bit lacklustre. This is an MTL atty after all. And it does MTL very, very well. As I’ve said the flavour is superb and it gives a nice smooth draw.

Collage 2020-09-17 10_50_55.jpg

Another good option is the included extra drip tips. You get a shortish one on the tank when you open the box, along with a longer one and an even longer one still with a nice metal base. It’s clear Vandy Vape are all about the draw with this tank as the options available are many.

I tried a few different wires and coils on this RTA and in the end my favourite was a round 28awg Ni80 coil at around 6/7 wraps. The ramp up was better than a plain kanthal and the draw (for me) was better than any of the MTL Clapton coils I have. The included fused Clapton coils were decent for a restricted DTL though and, although I feel this is a pure MTL atty, gave a decent amount of vapour and flavour for the tank.

In all the Berserker V2 is a great MTL tank with a lot of options for airflow. Other than the horrible top cap it is probably the best MTL tank I’ve tried so far. Wicking is a touch finicky but then it’s the same with most RTAs, MTL or not and I’ve learned you always have to fine tune wicking to get the best out of something anyway.

20200917_104349.jpg

Nice review @Gitchy. Bang on. I agree the top cap is a royal pita, and the wicking takes a bit of work. (I smashed it too on the first build, then it took me a while to replicate that)

But once you get it set up right... well the flavour really stands out and the draw is perfect for a tootler like me.

With that in mind, I am disappointed to have since learned another downside - the propensity for the airflow inserts to melt.

Great review, I really get on well with mine, now I've got the hang of the top cap haHa

Nice review @Gitchy. Bang on. I agree the top cap is a royal pita, and the wicking takes a bit of work. (I smashed it too on the first build, then it took me a while to replicate that)

But once you get it set up right... well the flavour really stands out and the draw is perfect for a tootler like me.

With that in mind, I am disappointed to have since learned another downside - the propensity for the airflow inserts to melt.

I've not had long enough with the tank to have the inserts melt on me yet but I have been trying to keep the coil a little higher and the legs a little longer than I usually would to try and mitigate that. Do they melt anyway after a while?

I've not had long enough with the tank to have the inserts melt on me yet but I have been trying to keep the coil a little higher and the legs a little longer than I usually would to try and mitigate that. Do they melt anyway after a while?
One of mine has, another has just gone quite scorched looking around the actual airflow hole.

I sometimes pulse a coil a few times to burn off the crud. This caused the actual melted one. I don't think I've done it with the scorched one, although tbh It's possible I forgot to remove it at some point.

It annoys me that you have to even think about it.

And yet, I absolutely love this tank. It's my favourite vape ever.

Thanks for the review @Gitchy . And cheers for the code. Quite tempted.

If you can wait a week I'll send you this one mate. I love it but more of a dtl vaper and I use pods for my mtl.

Just need to wait till I'm paid to post it.

If you can wait a week I'll send you this one mate. I love it but more of a dtl vaper and I use pods for my mtl.

Just need to wait till I'm paid to post it.

Wow, would appreciate that mate.

Back
Top Bottom