What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Profile m rta

gary68

Legend
Looking for some pointers when wicking.
The supplied ageleted cotton is really thick. I've seen wotofo ageleted cotton in 3mm and 6mm that's not thick enough fill the mesh
I've only have muji and I'm struggling to get the right amount of cotton. Gonna try a full pad next, strip the face and Scottish roll it..
Does anyone have one of these profile m's and have any tips
Cheers

I use the 6mm xfiber. Full strip pulled through, press down on the spring plate. Cut long enough to touch the deck, quick fluff & poke through. Wicks well soaked and then reassemble. Lot more forgiving than the Unity. Currently running Clapton S mesh at around 35-40w but have had SS up around 50w with no issues. The supplied cotton is the xfiber 6mm.
If using a Mini, take top & bottom layers off & Scottish roll. Just find Muji has a break in time over the Wotofo Xfiber.

I use the 6mm xfiber. Full strip pulled through, press down on the spring plate. Cut long enough to touch the deck, quick fluff & poke through. Wicks well soaked and then reassemble. Lot more forgiving than the Unity. Currently running Clapton S mesh at around 35-40w but have had SS up around 50w with no issues. The supplied cotton is the xfiber 6mm.
If using a Mini, take top & bottom layers off & Scottish roll. Just find Muji has a break in time over the Wotofo Xfiber.
Cheers mate I'll pick up some 6mm Xfiber wasn't sure as 6mm sounds too thin to fill the arch, guess 6mm is the agelet size
I rewicked after I posted this. Full sheet of muji, peeled both sides stretched it and Scottish rolled it. Was really tight but I think tight is right with mesh.. Its going great guns now at 35watts. First attempt was way to little muji and I only had a tiny dry hit(thank fuck) that was bad enough.

If you think you've got enough cotton add more [emoji16]. Cotton not tight enough will sag with the weight of juice & you'll be hunting for a new lung [emoji23]

If you think you've got enough cotton add more [emoji16]. Cotton not tight enough will sag with the weight of juice & you'll be hunting for a new lung [emoji23]
Yeah I was wary as hell toking on it after the first muji attempt and had half a dry hit, that was bad enough, can't imagine taking a big drag and experiencing that horror. But when it's on it's on. bloody great vape 35watts air half open really good flavour

Muji will work @gary68

Peel off the layers, then stretch it out then trim off the edges were your thumbs were holding the sheet. Roll it up & slide through. That I find, is usually the sweet spot for enough cotton but not too much

Back
Top Bottom