What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Oumier/Vapn Fagan BULK rta

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Alrighty then, as per the title, I will be delighting you all, all meaning those who bother to read these, thanks, with my thoughts on the Oumier manufactured “Bulk rta” in collaboration with with youtube reviewer Mr Vapn Fagan
bulkrta1.jpg

Oumier being a relatively small company within the industry and not too many notable products a part from what seems like everyone’s favourite, cheap as chips rda the wasp nano, a few rtas to & the well liked rudder mod. So a collab with a youtube reviewer seems like a logical step in getting your name and products out there. Whether the reviewer actually designs these products is somewhat questionable and depends on whether you trust what the reviewer has to say, or if you even know of them in the first place, everyone’s a reviewer these days ;), then there’s the other that will readily slap their name on something for a little bit of cash, to be honest I don’t care that much either way as long as a product is good

Get the usual stuff out the way first, In your Bulk rta packaging box , you will get the rta itself with the bubble glass installed on the chimney section, alternate drip tip, spare straight glass, standard spares bag & some coilology coils and cotton, all well presented like so
IMG_20190810_223545.jpg

This isn’t going to be for everyone as the Bulk is a big boy, a 28mm diameter x roughly 38mm high, not including your drip tip.

As standard up at the top is an 810 wide bore tip, sitting on a rather thin slightly knurled top
IMG_20190817_133228.jpg

The cap then screws into the chimney section which holds your glass tank by a chunky oring, this also has you large kidney shaped fill holes
IMG_20190817_133406.jpg

The chimney then screws down to the deck section with your other oring on the base of the deck

The Deck, an important part of an rta, is the same style of deck as Vapn Fagan come up with for the BTFC rda he released with Augvape, A pretty unique deck with angled post holes with the airflow coming up under your coil via 2 oval openings on either side of the deck. The airflow comes up through those openings from 3 cyclops air holes on the base.
IMG_20190817_133103.jpg

IMG_20190817_133139.jpg

Building on this is relatively straightforward with no need to pre cut your legs to an exact length, you may need to consider what type of coil you use though, as while it is quite a spacious rta the angle you have to insert your coils can need a little bit of wiggling , as I say all depends on the size and type of coil, I quite easily installed some coilology tri core fused claptons, (not the included coils) adding an extra wrap to the pre made, to make up the gap your wicking will have to go, as you want coil legs ideally the same width as the post holes
IMG_20190817_133019.jpg

IMG_20190817_132940.jpg

Coils installed, now to wicking this beast. The juice feeds to coils on this one in that gta style, your wicking just sits in a cut out and your juice comes up through that. On first glance it doesn’t seem like you’d be able to fit that much wick in there as you’d need for the coils. Yes you can, I used kendo gold cotton for this, so take that into account as well, a nice amount cotton pulled through the coil, just like I would with an rda, I cut it just under the cutout so barely any cotton showing, as you can see fro the pic , it looks way too much, but that is exactly how much I used, now to help it sit in the channel a little liquid , then assemble

IMG_20190817_131412.jpg

Thoughts, firstly I like the way it’s packaged, not often I say that, with each piece visible, good for people browsing in vape shops to I would think.

The look is rather simplistic, with only the slight knurling on the top cap standing out a little, the whole construction of does seem a little on the thin side imo and it’s the first time in ages I found a metal shaving on the deck when I first opened it up, however the threading seems pretty good though, on par with other companies in the price range any way, the chunky oring that holds the glass can be a pain in the arse if you’re looking at installing the straight glass, only needs replacing if break the bubble glass imo as you’ll want that 6.5ml capacity

The deck is easy to build and wick taking any coil that I would consider putting in it. The airflow on this is nice and smooth and not overly wind tunnel airy as you might expect, especially considering as there’s no “honey comb” anywhere on it, the vape is amazing to, easily better than other offerings in the 28mm class of rtas, such as the sherman, or vcmt lines and at under half the price of those 2 , I would say it’s a must buy if you're a fan of the bigger rtas

Thanks to Ella over @Sourcemore for sending this over
https://www.sourcemore.com/oumier-bulk-rta-tank-atomizer.html
& thanks for reading

Back
Top Bottom