What's new

Sub Ohm Kylin Mini II

BigCloud

Veteran
Lilia @Sourcemore very kindly sent me out the Kylin Mini II RTA from Vandy Vape for review.

The Kylin Mini II comes in a small cardboard box, the front of the box has KYLIN Mini II RTA written in gold and what looks like clouds in green and gold, on the back of the box is the contents, and on one edge is the scratch and scan authentication code, and sticker with the colour choice of the tank, on the other side some info about Vandy Vape.
box.jpg

I was sent the gunmetal version to review, but you have a choice of 5 more colours to choose from which are SS, Black, Rainbow, Gold, Frosted Grey.

In the box you will get the Kylin Mini II with the 5ml bubble glass already installed, a smaller 3ml straight glass, and small coil measuring tool all in a secure foam inlay underneath this you will find the manual, spares bag consisting of O-rings 2 spare post screws and an allen key, a prebuilt 0.3 ohm Kanthal fused clapton coil and QC certificate.
in box.jpg

Specs

37.7mm (H) x 24.4mm (W)
70g
5ml bubble glass / 3ml straight glass
270 degree honeycomb top airflow
Included 0.3ohm Kanthal fused clapton

The Kylin Mini II is the updated version of the Kylin Mini I with some changes for a start it is a top airflow tank unlike the V1 which was bottom airflow and notorious for leaking if not wicked right, no chance of that happening with the Mini II.

Vandy_Vape_Kylin_Mini_V2_RTA_Structure.jpg

On top you have a nice chunky 810 drip tip, under the screw off top cap are the fill ports with 2 nice sized kidney holes which are below the adjustable airflow consisting of 21 airflow holes 3 rows of 7 holes and adjustment mirrors each side
airflow_fill.jpg

directly behind the airflow are the inlets that are angled down to the build deck and coil which has a 270 degree honeycomb airflow with a total of 41 airholes that surround the coil, the build deck itself rotates but isnt a problem when istalling your coil as it has a nice bit of resistance and doesnt freely turn, theres enough space in the deck to get a nice chunky coil in but the post holes are quite far apart recommded leg length is 7mm, so you will need to space smaller builds, NOTE post hole orientation dictates that your coils should be wrapped anti clockwise, if you wrap your own you will need to go underhand instead of overhand. i forgot to mention this is a postless deck.
Wicking this is an absolute doddle snip the wicks at the edge of the deck give them a quick fluff up you definatley need to soak the wick in Ejuice as it literally drops down the side of the deck and you have to shape the wick into place making sure the wicking ports are fully covered at the base if not you will end up flooding the deck and a mouth full of hot juice, just remember to make sure there is no cotton hanging out over the threads before you reassemble the tank, you need to be careful when you are putting the base back on the because you need to align wicking slots on the deck with wicking slots on the atty, once reassembled the chimney keeps the wick in place.
install_wicking.jpg

Installing the supplied coil was ever so simple just 2 grubscrews to undo drop the coil into place in the deck and tighten it up even though its quite chunky there was bags of room left either side you could quite easily fit a 4mm coil in with no problem other than restricting the airflow.

The supplied coil came out at 0.31ohms and the sweetspot for me was 58 watts, flavour was good but airflow is somewhat restricted but nice and smooth still a very enjoyable vape, If you prefer a more open airflow you could always throw a 2.5mm id coil in the deck, i ended up swapping out the coil for an Anonymous alien coil at 0.36 ohms flavour and was vastly improved. If you like single coil RTAs with a slightly restricted draw and good flavor, and you want something that doesn’t leak, then this is definatley worth trying out.

Pros

Superb build quality
Smooth airflow
Good flavor
Easy to build
No leaking

Cons

Reverse-oriented post holes

Pick yourself a bargain up here https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-kylin-mini-v2-rta.html use the code KYLIN for a superb $14 discount and grab a bargain
$21.39 Vandy Vape Kylin Mini V2 RTA

Huge thanks again to Lilia @Sourcemore for sending this over

Nice review @BigCloud you said it’s a bit restricted on airflow but from pics I wonder if could have put an extra mm on the legs and come off the deck a bit more or is there a clearance issue once assembled?

Love the thing. Only gripe is that I'd love it if it was a quarter turn cap instead of screw off..

Nice review @BigCloud you said it’s a bit restricted on airflow but from pics I wonder if could have put an extra mm on the legs and come off the deck a bit more or is there a clearance issue once assembled?

no clearence issue mate next time i throw a coil in it ill let you know if it makes a difference but tbh i cant see it would, a 2.5mm id coil probably would though

Love the thing. Only gripe is that I'd love it if it was a quarter turn cap instead of screw off..

thats just being lazy only 2 full turns mate :lol1::lol1:

no clearence issue mate next time i throw a coil in it ill let you know if it makes a difference but tbh i cant see it would, a 2.5mm id coil probably would though

thats just being lazy only 2 full turns mate :lol1::lol1:

Laziness is my special skill!

Nice review mate, I'm particularly interested in your comments about swapping out the provided coil for a different one, I have mine set up with the coil that came with it and honestly I'm not getting the great flavour that I expected, it's wicking fine but just not all that wow... Think I might change out the coil as you did...

Back
Top Bottom