What's new

Sub Ohm Johnny Ace has a look at the Profile M

Nice review @JohnnyAce which has kind of put me off, I like my RTA's a bit bigger and for this kind of Tank it's just too small, the filling problem you mention also again put's me off. How i see this is it's in essence a Profile RDA which they have added some glass to. I still enjoyed your concise review though so good job.

Cheers man, its a lot like the Kylin M I'd say. A lot easier to wick that the Unity

Cheers man, its a lot like the Kylin M I'd say. A lot easier to wick that the Unity
I have the Kylin M Mesh infact it's one of my favourite Tanks, the Profile M looks a lot smaller than that in the pictures i have seen.

I just got one of these to review and I'm liking it so far. The only thing is that the agleted cotton just seems to be too much. I cut it bow tie as all the advice says and I can't stuff it in the wicking holes. Is it just me or do you need to thin?

I just got one of these to review and I'm liking it so far. The only thing is that the agleted cotton just seems to be too much. I cut it bow tie as all the advice says and I can't stuff it in the wicking holes. Is it just me or do you need to thin?

What i do when it comes to Profile type tanks and cotton is trim it into the bowtie and just put the bottom half of the cotton into the juice well then just trim the top half a bit. It always works for me.

What i do when it comes to Profile type tanks and cotton is trim it into the bowtie and just put the bottom half of the cotton into the juice well then just trim the top half a bit. It always works for me.

Thanks Odin mate. I tried first to do it that way but obviously didn't trim the top enough so it was all over the place and was an instant dry hit. I've used some normal cotton and managed to get it wicking really well now though. Just worried there's not enough in there now. Not getting any hints of burning though.

I think the main thing with Wotofo Cotton is to rake it well, i have found it to be a massive help. The Profiles are the main tanks that i use and i absolutely love them. I do like normal coils in the RDTA but the rest are usually mesh.

Cheers guys that's perfect. I'm starting to get a little burnt taste off this latest attempt so will have another go.

Cheers guys that's perfect. I'm starting to get a little burnt taste off this latest attempt so will have another go.

The key is to get as much cotton in under the mesh, and then just enough into the wells (a mm or so above the deck). If you find you're getting scorching on the cotton make sure to trim the top and sides a bit more so they're not blocking the side airflow holes on the inner chimney. This is why the 45° cut helps, but you still need to rake and trim it a bit afterwards.

These tanks are fiddly at first but 100% worth persevering with, and once you get it working it should be easy to replicate the next time. I couldn't go back to coils now. I do think good cotton plays a part too though.

I'll take a photo of my Unity next time I need to wick it ;)

Back
Top Bottom