What's new

Sub Ohm Is this your DESTINY? (Review – Sort of)

Just fully washed it again the popped in the supplied Kanthal coil which is reading as 0.40ohms on my Aegis Solo. Filled up with some Manabush Golden Pear Brule and its vaping lovely at 36W. I'm not getting Unity Level flavour but I shouldn't be expecting that.

There is a slight taste to it but I think that's just the cotton breaking in. It's certainly not the warm metal taste I had before and is starting to fade now.

I'll give it a few refills before I claim success though as that's when it appeared previously. Fingers crossed :D

Thanks everyone for the help!

Boredom struck this afternoon, so I thought I would see if I could get a 3.5mm Tiger into the Destiny. Its tight but I got it to fit in the end, said the bishop to the nun :stinker:

20210409_144912.jpg
20210409_144927.jpg

naNjXH3.gif

Looks good. How does it vape?

Needs time to bed in I think, seems little muted to start with but probably due to the fresh wick (CBP). With the amount of cloud it's chucking out, could be good, will let you know.

Well it didn't get any better, tried another, smaller, Tiger, was a little better, but just didn't have the bite, to the point I questioned my builds. Reverted back to a flat style coil and popped a staple in there, normal service resumed and all was back to as it should be, clouds and flavour aplenty. Think I'll stay away from the Tiger and put it to the back just in case I inadvertently run out of the flat profile wires I use, likely never. :hmm:

That's good to know mate, cheers ;)

I bought 2 handmade Aliens and 2 Flaptons (all 3mm) from Kingcoilz on eBay to try in mine but haven't got around to it yet as the coil that came with it is still going strong. I'm not using it as my main tank but did have it out all day yesterday and enjoyed using it.

That's good to know mate, cheers ;)

I bought 2 handmade Aliens and 2 Flaptons (all 3mm) from Kingcoilz on eBay to try in mine but haven't got around to it yet as the coil that came with it is still going strong. I'm not using it as my main tank but did have it out all day yesterday and enjoyed using it.
The metallic taste has not returned then? Will be intrested on your veiw with the Alien, been trying to get hold of some SS316 Alien wire, but i've not had any success yet.

The metallic taste has not returned then? Will be intrested on your veiw with the Alien, been trying to get hold of some SS316 Alien wire, but i've not had any success yet.

Yeah it seems to have gone. Must have been those Coilology coils. Will let you know how I get on with the Aliens ;)

Really like this review/tutorial. I have this tank and while I don’t get dry hits or flooding I have never found the flavour to be quite as good as I was hoping. I will try using your advice for my next build.

Popped one of the Aliens in it today and it's vaping really nice. Comes out a 0.22ohms and I've settled on 38W which seems to bring out the flavour nicely. Turns out they're Nichrome though... :D

Back
Top Bottom