What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Hellvape Rebirth RTA

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
After my first attempt at an rta review last time, it’s going to be followed up by my second in succession with this one for the hellvape rebirth rta

Sent over for the purpose of review from the lovely Ella over @Sourcemore
https://www.sourcemore.com/hellvape-rebirth-rta-vape-tank.html
rebirthrta1.jpg

So, the rebirth rta is a reviewer designed product from Mike Vapes & manufactured by hellvape. Now this is by no means Mr Mike Vapes first with a number of rdas, rtas, and even a mod under his belt with various different manufacturers. I’ve personally used a couple of his creations and have been pretty impressed tbh. First being the intake rta a stella single coil offering, the next and more importantly being the rebirth rda which this , the rta is a continuation of , the name kind of gives that away doesn’t it

In your standard box you will get the rta itself, pre installed with the 2ml straight glass. A bubble glass boosting the capacity to 5ml. The usual spares orings, screws, driptip adaptor and spare driptip and a coil cutting tool at 7.5mm

rebirthrta3.jpg

The rebirth rta is a 25mm diameter, stepping out t0 28mm at the glass with bubble tank installed dual coil rta, 37mm in height and is available in 8 different colour options
rebirthrta2.jpg

Top down then, “cobra” style 810 driptip, just like the ones on the rda, or if you prefer swapping it out for the included frosted clear spare or as ,ost will do, put one of their own tips on, standard kennedy/goon tips seem to fit fine

Under your driptip, drum roll, the top cap MV choose to use the , what is becoming a bit of a standard the quarter turn quick release style top revealing the quite sufficient kidney shaped fill holes
rebirthrta4.jpg

Down to the deck which is pretty unique tbf, the rebirth rta as you’d expect uses the same post layout as the rda. A 2 post offset drop in style. As I said the posts are the same as the rda but the airflow has been changed up a little, the rta has under coil honeycombed on the deck, consisting of 14 x 1mm and 2 x 1.5mm on either side but your AFC is your standard dual cyclops style
rebirthrta5.jpg
rebirthrta6.jpg

comparison pic of the rda deck
rebirthrda1.jpg

Thoughts/opinions on it

The looks of this rta are unassuming , no real stand out from the crowd aesthetics , no crazy engravings, patterns or knurling but do you want that? Sometimes I like a little bit of something different, but everything on this is functional and the different colour options is where you can change up the look

Building and wicking,

Installing the coils on this, is a bit of a doddle tbh, especially after using the rda to, which gets you used to the post design, The included coil trimming tool (I used me OG coily though) makes it a breeze to get you leg lengths spot on so there's no fannying around there.
rebirthrta7.jpg

One thing to watch out for is coil width though, not too wide otherwise you’ll be blocking your wicking channels. I’ve been using some coilology staples that are a great fit. Drop you coils into place, hold them down, tighten your screws , then adjust the position, it is that simple
rebirthrta8.jpg

Wicking her up, being a bottom air rta you’ve got a chance of an eliquid water feature on your mod if you don't get it right fortunately enough, the wicking is as easy as the coil install as long as you haven’t obstructed your channels with to wide of a coil

As I tend to find with most rtas less is definitely best when wicking, dont try and stuff loads in there, just enough to sit on the channel not all the way rammed in there and not too tight
rebirthrta9.jpg

you can even trim that bit poking out under the rim, if you wish, might be a little tricky getting your scissors in there

Lastly and most importantly, is it any good?

Erm would have to say, yeah , the airflow is smooth, no whistles or weird noises, and it can be cut down to, wide open is not over the top airy, not like a wind tunnel, a comfortable non restricted dtl, cut it down a third and its been bang on for me , awesome flavour on this, easily comparable to the rda, best rta I’ve used in a while any rta that you can put dual n80 3mm id staples in and no issues around 100w with awesome flavour is a winner in my book

Highly recommended from me

Cheers for reading and once again thanks to sourcemore

Any questions or anything, fire away below

Back
Top Bottom