What's new

Sub Ohm Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20220518_160628319.jpg

The Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA

https://www.sourcemore.com/hellvape-fat-rabbit-solo-rta.html

The discount code for this brings it down to $24.39 and it’s FATR1. A pretty decent reduction.

The Fat Rabbit Solo is a single coil RTA that has a diameter of 25mm. It uses an 810 drip tip and has a postless deck for easy building. This non-TPD version holds 4.5ml of juice and there’s a bubble glass included as well that ups that capacity. Not sure what to but it ups it. The unique selling point here is the dual airflow system, there’s an airflow ring on the bottom and another halfway up.

In the box you get:
1 Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA
1 Bubble Glass
1 Accessory Bag (o’rings etc)
1 0.37Ω Ni80 Coil
1 Coil Cutting Tool
1 Shoelace Cotton
1 User Manual

The design is quite nice, it’s a tall RTA for a single coiler and does look good on bigger mods. It has 2 airflow rings on it, a cyclops style one at the bottom and another halfway up, underneath the glass, that has 4 holes in it for adjustment. The top cap comes off with a quarter turn and exposes 2 nice big kidney shaped holes for easy filling up. I usually throw the bubble glass straight on as well but this time I felt it’d look much nicer with just straight glass, and it did. The deck is postless so the included coil tool is useful and makes for easy building without the faff.

One small thing that is annoying is unscrewing the deck is quite fiddly, it’s a quarter turn again and you have to pull the deck out, rather than screwing the whole thing off. It’s a nice thought but there’s always the danger of unscrewing the top off the deck when you’re taking the tank off of a mod and spilling juice everywhere.

PXL_20220518_154303761.jpg

In use the Fat Rabbit Solo has reminded me of the importance of trying some different builds out. I started off with my usual 2.5mm diameter Ni80 Alien coil and wasn’t too impressed. The vape was a bit wispy and not enough with the airflow fully open. Closing it down helped a lot and made the flavour a lot better too but I have preferred to use fully open airflow recently for some reason. I moved onto a 3mm Ni80 Fused Clapton and that was a lot better, more what I like these days and the bigger diameter coil helped a lot. I did find that using a little more cotton than usual helped with gurgling and I haven’t had any leaking personally. I did read elsewhere that this is quite a leaky tank as well but I have really had no issues with leaking or condensation when I’ve packed the cotton in. You do have to be careful to not pack it too much as that’ll lead to dry cotton and dry hits though. I’ve also found that if you totally close off the middle airflow then you can get a pretty good restricted DL as well. Closing off the bottom fully gives a really weird draw but who would do that anyway?

It was when I finally bit the bullet and put a 3mm Ni80 Flat Clapton coil in that this tank came alive for me. I used the Ni80 Flatwire 22/38 Flapton and wrapped it about 4 or 5 times. It’s brilliant with this wire. The flavour is superb and the vapour production is on par with my mesh rebuildables at the same wattage (40/45W). It totally changed my opinion on the Fat Rabbit and I’ve been using it pretty much constantly for the past week. The tank just seems set up for bigger builds in my opinion. I’m going to pop one of the big @Reggiec coils I have there in it next to see if that makes it even better.

In all the Fat Rabbit Solo is a great single coiler if you use bigger coils. The double airflow works to give good vapour production and really good flavour. I have read reports of it leaking so I’m sure not everyone will have the same experience as me but my experience has been good once I found the right coil for my tastes in it.

PXL_20220518_154142232.jpg

Nice Review @Gitchy , Can't see me getting one because i am not a fan of Hellvape RTA's, it's funny because i don't mind there RDA's. Bought one of their RTA's a while back and it's still unopened.

Back
Top Bottom