What's new

Sub Ohm Hellvape Destiny RTA HellVape x Alex From VapersMD

Nucleus

Postman
Hellvape Destiny
EE31FDBD-6518-4D08-B1A5-38F09281EF87.jpeg

Welcome Apes, to my first ever review here on POTV! These thoughts are my own and of no other outside influences. I purchased the tank myself as I’m new to this, so obviously won’t be getting hand outs from vendors.

ABD5AD8F-1198-4B11-AC76-3183972324EE.jpeg

We’ve all heard of the Hellvape Destiny, of course we have. For those who haven’t though, the Destiny is a design collaboration between Hellvape and YouTube reviewer Alex from VapersMD, link to his channel below:

https://www.youtube.com/user/vapersmd

Product Techs and Specs:

The Destiny is a 24mm single coil RTA with room aplenty on the deck for various builds. The deck is a two screw mechanism with angled posts designed for easy installation and cutting of coil legs
CC7849D6-144A-4BA5-956E-CE51F2AF3D9B.gif

A knurled grip on the airflow control allows easy configuration to suit your preference

577CAD39-79D6-4699-BFAE-89CEC0DF8850.gif

The bayonet style top fill, which is my favourite style, allows easy filling of tank with no messy spillages or residue that you’d get on a push top system.

F4B9F482-F6A9-4F55-8B00-9697086EBEC0.gif

The tank comes in five different colours:-

• Black
  • Full Black
  • Matte SS (Ultem)
  • Matte SS (PCTG)
  • Stainless Steel
6610B948-5B9F-4FEE-9081-645DDD2DBEB8.jpeg

What’s in the box:

1FEFD779-8741-4F0B-8A4B-829C7FD79F5D.gif

673E3189-796A-4842-B9AE-391078875467.jpeg

• 1x Destiny RTA
  • 1x Bubble Glass
  • 1x 510 Adapter
  • 1x Pre Built Coil (0.37ohm)
  • 1x Shoelace cotton
  • 1x Bag of spare o-rings, grub screws and a tiny blue driver
  • 1x User Manual
Note: My kit was purchased from Ecigone and the bubble glass doesn’t come packaged in the kit, but in a separate box

My Thoughts:

I was very excited when I got this. Very excited indeed, the hype for this tank saw me take the plunge on it as soon as was feasible.

Installation of coil was simple, very simple actually. Compared to say, the Blotto RTA where you have to pre cut your coil legs, this is a much simpler system. Plenty of room for some bigger builds in there, although I whacked a 3mm ID Alien in there and she was great.

Wicking is simple and very forgiving. I’ve had no dry hits or any sign of leaking from her. Although do note, I’ve since let my friend have her for a few days and he’s been getting dry hits for days, which is down to his wicking no doubt.

Flavour is good, no issues there at all, and vapour production is very good also.

The only slight niggly issue I have with the tank is the very turbulent (in my opinion) airflow. Fully open and she sounds like (again, my opinion) a Boeing 747 taking off. I have mine set around halfway though and it’s not as noticeable.

Pro’s:
  • Good Flavour
  • Good Vapour production
  • Easy installation of Coil
  • Very forgiving wicking
  • Very well machined
  • Quarter turn top fill system makes refilling a breeze
Con’s
  • Airflow can be very noisy

Score:

• Build Quality - 8/10
  • Ease of Use - 9/10
  • Flavour - 9/10
  • Vapour - 9/10
  • Overall - 8.75/10

Closing Off:

There we go, that was my review of the Hellvape Destiny by Hellvape and Alex from VapersMD. Any constructive criticism is welcomed in the comments below. Credit to the guys over at Hellvape for allowing the use of the stock photos too.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Very clear and concise mate, a pleasure to read and a welcome change from the usual fare where everybody thinks they're a comedian which gets bloody old very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clear an concise mate, a pleasure to read and a welcome change from the usual fare where everybody thinks they're a comedian which gets bloody old very quickly.

Oh wow! That’s appreciated :)
Thank you! I’m glad it came across half decent. I’ve been debating posting it for a few days but held back due to not knowing how well it would go down

Have to agree a good review. Love my Destiny and it will be getting a couple of brothers in the not too distant future.
Run my Airflow about 1/3 open and the noise is fine. The only little gripe I have is the black build deck, can make it a little hard to position the coil with the air ports for those of us with reduced eyesight.
But all in all a wonderful rta.

Have to agree a good review. Love my Destiny and it will be getting a couple of brothers in the not too distant future.
Run my Airflow about 1/3 open and the noise is fine. The only little gripe I have is the black build deck, can make it a little hard to position the coil with the air ports for those of us with reduced eyesight.
But all in all a wonderful rta.

Thanks @Tazd :)
Great point about the black build deck too, one that never crossed my mind to be perfectly honest

Great review, I think you nailed it mate

Last edited:
Good review mate. You’ve certainly peeked my interest in this thanks.

Wow, fantastic review for your first one mate. I'll be on the lookout for more products that you review. Pretty much mirrored my thoughts on the Destiny. Fantastic RTA. I need to purchase another as the Mrs has robbed my one lol!

Back
Top Bottom