What's new

Sub Ohm Fasttech Zeus X Styled RTA

fil

Postman
This very cheap clone was highlighted in here some weeks back and i took a punt, finally relenting last week and buying a 'real' one though with the mesh deck.. And then this did arrive..

9693532-8.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9693532

First of all I only got the orange drip tip..

Secondly the listing says its SS, the inner chimney is an ally alloy.

So how does it stand up? I cant compare to an original but in an attempt to compare against an authentic Zeus X Mesh i built it 1st using the last of the same juice i have in the meshx tank atm. Unfortunatly i must have cut the wicks a tad too short?? so on build #2 i have a different juice so a comparing is a little harder.

Build #2 more wick and longer wick in 2x 3.5mm x 16 ni80 @ 0.08ohm
ON a dna-40 device @ 210c Starting at 25w
Vapes very nicely, nice deep flavour profile, similar to the depth from the mesh x - different juices make the comparrison difficult, but all in all not a bad little atty.

How long the seals will hold up however is a question. both the top and bottom seal on the glass move with the tightening turn and a dry oring is prone to stretching and buckeling, not that they remain dry ;)

1 hour into vaping it.. the longer thicker wicks seem to have hampered the gurgling ok , I am enjoying it, but i have my concerns regarding the very thin sealing o-rings on the glass tube both top and bottom, i suspect these will snap quite quickly.

would i recommend it.. NO not unless you have a lot of oring spares.. then it may be worth a punt, its got a good tast and looks the part.. I like the dark shade of the blue on mine..

will the deck fit on the authentic X-Mesh???
when both tanks are empty or the tickle is too strong to resist i will report back but am not expecting a fit tbh..

over all 7/10 good look good taste, works, but i suspect a design flaw waiting to happen..

EDIT** Also the air flow control ring is way too loose, providing no resistance to a casual brush which can change the flow/vape.

for the cost those things as, its always worthy (or almost)

Simple, short and concise review. Good post

Mesh rebuildables i just cannot get on with. I gave one rta away and have a Kylin m here but I either get a dry hit or a bad girgling. Thank god for the Advken Manta RTA, Steamcrave aromamizers QP fatalities and the G taste Aries. All rta's i can get to give ace flavour. Mesh may be better but not for myself.

for the cost those things as, its always worthy (or almost)

Simple, short and concise review. Good post
Thanks,

To clarify,

On the authentic the sealing rings for the glass sit in a recess while this clone has a single sided rim to support a o-ring 1/2 the size, Cant stress just how thin and flimsy the main seal o-rings are..

@crustyfolker The clone is of the dual coil Zeus, my reference authentic is the mesh.. and i hear you, not sure about the mesh yet but its Very early days...

Also the black drip tip was included in my pack just disguised by the spare o-rings in the bag, my bad.

I've a few on them @fil, they've been sat around for months at a time, full of juice & not in use (:18:) & they've never leaked with that flimsy o-ring. Bloody annoying that thing is, always pops out

Did you only get one drip tip? The pic shows two & I got two with all mine, I'd put in a ticket for that because they'll send you one

I've a few on them @fil, they've been sat around for months at a time, full of juice & not in use (:18:) & they've never leaked with that flimsy o-ring. Bloody annoying that thing is, always pops out

Did you only get one drip tip? The pic shows two & I got two with all mine, I'd put in a ticket for that because they'll send you one

Both drip tips were included i just missed the black one among the orings in the screwed up baggy.. My bad no fault of Fastech..

Thats certainly is very good to hear, on first playing with the atty dry i could not close or open it without completely without deforming and stretching the seals. thankfully a dab of juice lubes them ;) But if they do hold up ok thats very good news indeed.. it seems like the glass seals are the achilles heel of this clone design.

This very cheap clone was highlighted in here some weeks back and i took a punt, finally relenting last week and buying a 'real' one though with the mesh deck.. And then this did arrive..

Build #2 more wick and longer wick in 2x 3.5mm x 16 ni80 @ 0.08ohm
ON a dna-40 device @ 210c Starting at 25w

Vapes very nicely, nice deep flavour profile, similar to the depth from the mesh x - different juices make the comparrison difficult, but all in all not a bad little atty.
Seriously!! 0.08ohm coils, Ni80 on a DNA40 in TC mode. 1 - Ni80 isn't TC wire, 2 - a DNA40 can't provide enough power to heat up that resistance.

Back
Top Bottom