What's new

MTL EX Vape Expromizer V4

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200508_20_16_42_Pro.jpg

For your visual delights today we have the first part of a two part Mouth To Lung atomizer review supplied for us here at potv by the ever lovely Ella from @Sourcemore. Very glad she's back to work, fit and healthy.
Today it's the Expromizer v4 from EX vape.
As ever these represent the thoughts of a bloke having a muck around with it at home and not necessarily those of potv as the larger borg.
I must admit I've missed the previous incarnations of the Expromizer with the v3 probably being the first version I've actually seen.

What you get here is:
The main 2ml Expromizer rta complete with me I tank and drip tip (23mm).
A bag of spare o rings, deck screws and the classic little blue screwdriver.
A spare Pyrex glass.
Alternative drip tip.

WP_20200508_20_16_42_Pro.jpg

The expromizer is actually a German designed rta very much aimed at mtl vapers that's built in China but you'd think this was very much an all German construction. The threads are buttery smooth and the o rings are possibly the best I've come across.
The design here is very well thought out. You've a single coil build deck that is very well thought out and a breeze to coil. The wicking design is similar to recent kayfun design's. You cut your wick at the edge of the deck and tuck them down either side of the coil, so nice and simple with no special wicking techniques required.
I always shudder when an rta arrives followed by an extended forum thread dedicated to the best way to wick. Basically that lets me know straight out of the gate that something went wrong with the design. Thankfully no such issue's here.
This has too fill via a threaded top cap which again usually leads to the deck flooding but the expromizer has a twist action juice control on the chamber/chimney section so you can deal the deck when filling. So zero floods here. The juice control also has multiple hole options which you can set depending on your juice viscosity.
Final item is airflow. This is what makes the expromizer different.
We have a top to bottom airflow system.
That means your airflow ring is set at the top of the tank (very smooth it is too) this takes the airflow down the inside of the tank through a very clever design and brings it back up directly under the centre of the coil, just where you want it for maximum flavour.
WP_20200508_20_30_22_Pro.jpg

Right. Coiled this up three different ways.
First of all I stuck a 2.5mm pre made 0.8ohm mtl clapton into the deck.
No issue's at all in fitting under the deck screws. Probably one of the easiest decks I've coiled up.
Loaded up with high vg presidio pear tobacco. Opened the juice control up to the largest setting which is all three holes visable and whacked a massive seventeen watts though it.
Flavour was superb, airflow smooth as silk. I actually turned the juice control down to two holes as the wicks became very juicy.
The issue I've had previously is if you open the juice control too far, you end up with your eliquid pouring out the airflow holes but with the top airflow here you have no such issue's.
You really just adjust the juice control to get the type of vape you want with no leaky consequences.
Second coil was my classic seven wrap 27awg kanthal 2.5mm.
I know where I am here. Manabush base zero toffee creme 50/50 was loaded and flavour country was achieved. The flavour was again excellent and perfect for those who live that grumbly fizzy vape that i know many mtl vapers love.
If I'm honest, for me I think the kayfun lite just pips the flavour crown here but not by much and only because it suits my vape style better. It reminds me very much of the prime.
My suspicions where that this would shine in temp control so a nife 30 coil was loaded (pretty much the same build as the above coil but spaced).
Yep. This is probably the best tank I've used for temp control vaping. Ohms locked solid due to the exceptional build quality and the smooth airflow delivered by top to bottom airflow was perfect for a consistent vape. Superb flavour.
The airflow is aimed squarely at mtl vapers. You can go from pin right to an airy mtl vape. No chance of restricted dtl here.
Although the tank is represented in it's 2ml mode here, you can buy two different 4ml extension options. A bubble tank which keeps the expromizer at the same height or a vertical extend it pack which makes the rta taller but keeps the smart 23mm lines in tact. Nice touch.
Is it worth the cash. Well it clocks in with a rrp around £50 and comparing what you get against the kayfun lite which sells from around £65 (I use the may run as it's definitely comparable quality wise) rise a bit of a bargain.
This becomes an absolute steal for what I consider a high end vape at @Sourcemore prices.
I like to find bargains and this is under £25 currently so full your boots.
Black, steel and brushed steel available.

Get yours here.
http://bit.ly/2Z5MtKQ
Huge thanks as ever to Ella from @Sourcemore for letting me have a play with some excellent kit.
Keep watching for the cthulhu mulan rdta review tomorrow.
WP_20200508_20_31_07_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20200508_20_17_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200508_20_17_55_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Had mine a few months now and it's growing to become one of my favourites.

Sold sir. Great review, I'm going to get one of these to help with my transition to MTL. Can't decide on the black or the brushed silver though [emoji848]

Sucked in for another, already have the brushed, went for the black this time.

Sold sir. Great review, I'm going to get one of these to help with my transition to MTL. Can't decide on the black or the brushed silver though [emoji848]
You won't be disappointed fella. It's definitely one up quality wise on the sm kayfun.

Sucked in for another, already have the brushed, went for the black this time.
Yeah I'm going to grab a brushed one in a minute for tc use. I think it's what I wished I was going to get from the prime but didn't (just a personal taste thing).

Nice review and sounds just up my street, was just looking at these today...think I might just have to put it on my wish list for when payday comes around lol

The only issue I've had was with the drip tip, swapped it out for another with a wider bore and it's been great since. Think that's more down to me though, I seem to have this recurring issue with narrow bore tips and liquid in the gob with a lot of MTL tanks.

The only issue I've had was with the drip tip, swapped it out for another with a wider bore and it's been great since. Think that's more down to me though, I seem to have this recurring issue with narrow bore tips and liquid in the gob with a lot of MTL tanks.
Some people get that i think your right. So much is down to draw style.
I couldn't understand how people where having similar issue's with the hastur mini so tried vaping in different styles to recreate the issue. A strong draw turned it into a mug of hot eliquid with the drip tip as a straw.
definitely worth swapping drip tips for larger diameter one's if you get liquid coming up the drip tip.

Back
Top Bottom