What's new

Sub Ohm Dovpo Blotto (Single Coil).

Thanks @Astral that's good to hear!

I'm also looking at the Eclipse but I think this would pair better with my Odin. I've got until pay day to mull it over :)

All the best ;)

I've got the eclipse mate. it's very good but I feel it's a bit more open than some of the single coil RTAs. The chamber on it is quite small and it's quite a compact RTA so the vapour has less travel than a lot of the other ones I have. Very good for flavour and vapour production but not as restricted as I like with the airflow fully open. I prefer a coil that is good at about 55/60w with the Eclipse but The Kylin V2 with a coil at 45w is perfect for my tastes and I'm hoping the Blotto single coil is a similar draw.

Snap. I've got mine on my Odin and they pair beautifully. Both gunmetal.

You should ask @ForestMagpie about the Eclipse, he's reviewing one. You might want to wait for that before you decide.
The eclipse is really good, great flavour for sure. I run mine at about 34w wide open and it's a great draw for me but I like my vape relatively cool. Its compact but I think it's really well designed, might have to source one of these to compare.

I've got the eclipse mate. it's very good but I feel it's a bit more open than some of the single coil RTAs. The chamber on it is quite small and it's quite a compact RTA so the vapour has less travel than a lot of the other ones I have. Very good for flavour and vapour production but not as restricted as I like with the airflow fully open. I prefer a coil that is good at about 55/60w with the Eclipse but The Kylin V2 with a coil at 45w is perfect for my tastes and I'm hoping the Blotto single coil is a similar draw.

Sounds like you're going to be the man to ask then @Gitchy. I've been tempted by the Eclipse myself but can't justify it at the moment. There's still some other stuff I want first!

Good info, thanks @ForestMagpie & @Gitchy - have either of you experienced any leaking with the Eclipse? That's the thing that used to always bother me about RTAs before I went down the mesh route. I used to love my old Kelpie for example, but every so often it would randomly decide to dump a full tank of liquid.

I just watched the Vaping with Vic review of the Blotto and he says the flavour between the Blotto and Eclipse is almost identical apart from when it comes to custards, where the Blotto nudges slightly ahead. I mostly vape dessert/pastry flavours so I guess that might be considered close enough to custard to make the Blotto the better option for me.

To me the plus point for the Eclipse over the Blotto however is the design of the posts as doesn't matter which way the coils are wrapped.

As for airflow, I like it to be ever so slightly RDL. I have 3 out 5 holes open on my Unities and 1/3 open on the Profile M and Zeus X Mesh (when they were still in active use).

Not had any leaking with the eclipse at all mate, not a drop. I really like the eclipse deck and it's easy to build and wick.

Great review @Astral apologise that we didn’t send you one directly. I’ve got six on the way for a potv collaboration review but there stuck in customs and have been for a week.

after a few tests I did find the true Blotto single gave a better condensed vape as opposed to a single build in the dual Blottos.

personally again I do find them value for money with the extra bubbles but I really don’t know why we don’t fire a couple of Clapton’s in the box and maybe a couple of strands of muji . Maybe @dovpo_hannah could feed this back to the guys in the vape cave, yes it might add an extra £ to the cost but it’s possibly worth it.

I’m not sure if your suffered a bit of a leak.

my personal on did and it was down to the chimney not screwing down fully but it’s an easy fix by removing a washer on the chimney stack as explained by some crazy Aussie

I do like the single coil Blotto but I’m just hoping that Mr Bogan sees fit to bring out a bigger single deck version.

but again thanks for the review, well written and engaging as always.

Kind Regards Andy

Great review @Astral apologise that we didn’t send you one directly. I’ve got six on the way for a potv collaboration review but there stuck in customs and have been for a week.

after a few tests I did find the true Blotto single gave a better condensed vape as opposed to a single build in the dual Blottos.

personally again I do find them value for money with the extra bubbles but I really don’t know why we don’t fire a couple of Clapton’s in the box and maybe a couple of strands of muji . Maybe @dovpo_hannah could feed this back to the guys in the vape cave, yes it might add an extra £ to the cost but it’s possibly worth it.

I’m not sure if your suffered a bit of a leak.

my personal on did and it was down to the chimney not screwing down fully but it’s an easy fix by removing a washer on the chimney stack as explained by some crazy Aussie

I do like the single coil Blotto but I’m just hoping that Mr Bogan sees fit to bring out a bigger single deck version.

but again thanks for the review, well written and engaging as always.

Kind Regards Andy

Thanks @dovpo_uk that's very kind of you, I always look forward to reviewing Dovpo products they've all been excellent so far.

I've not had any leaking yet, mine works perfectly but by the looks of the video it's an easy fix for those that do.

Mine got stuck in customs too so it was a bit of a wait.

Blessings my friend.

Back
Top Bottom