What's new

MTL Aspire Neeko RTA Review

Daredevil

Postman
Hi Everyone

Today I'm doing a User review on a tank that I was sent from the Aspire Prestige range called the Neeko RTA

fp5h326zwhz61.jpg

I received the Black colour for testing it also comes in Gunmetal and Stainless Steel

u3xa1himgkz61.jpg

Inside the box
  • Neeko RTA Tank 3ml version

• Spare polycarbonate section with 2/3 metal top

• Spare O-rings, gaskets, grub screws & screwdriver

• Five sets of replacement airflow jets

• MTL drip tip

• User Manual

• 2 rubber sleeves
ppy53f3gxhz61.jpg

Tank Features

• 510 replaceable drip tip

• Top-fill

• Capacity 3ml Global Edition and 2ml TPD

• 12 Changeable air-flow inserts

• Airflow inserts Sized from 0.8mm 1.0mm 1.2mm 1.5mm 2.0mm and 2.5mm

• 49 Airflow options

• Single coil deck

• Dimensions 22mm x 45mm

First Impressions

Unscrewing the base from the top section reveals an old school dual post configuration deck with nice big flat head screws to hold your coils firmly in place. The threading is on this is very good indeed with excellent machining. The deck has decent size wicking ports on either side. The narrow chimney section indicates Aspire has designed this for the MTL market however I got a nice restricted direct lung vape by experimenting with different coils and airflow options more on that later. The top cap is a quarter turn to remove and reveals 2 large filling slots. The air intake comes from the 4 slotted holes at the bottom of the tank.

lznlq23vpkz61.jpg

Building and performance

Installing coils in this RTA couldn't be any easier. I simply unscrewed the large post screws and dropped in a 2.5mm fused MTL fused Clapton and tightened down the post screws and trim your coil leg excess, The RTA comes with 2.0mm airflow adapters in place so I changed them out top and bottom for the 1.2mm. To do this you need to have the tank empty and either raise the coil up out of the way or remove it entirely.

At 0.80Ohm tested at 19Watts this resulted in a superb MTL vape, with excellent flavour and great throat hit on 6mg 50/50 PG/VG e-liquid

gj75qwpujkz61.jpg

The next coil I tried was a 2.5mm MTL Alien Ohming out at 0.40

iud6lmhtmkz61.jpg

With both 2.0mm airflow inserts installed and a 70/30 PG/VG e-liquid at 30 Watts, this produced a very nice warm RDL vape with the ability to take those long satisfying draws. Next, I tried removing all the inserts to see if more airflow and wattage would give me more flavour but it resulted in very turbulent airflow and not very pleasant. I plan to try more coil and airflow options in the future with this RTA I might even reach 49 different combinations one day

Looks and Design

This RTA comes with 2 different looks to it, with the straight glass installed can look similar to most other 22mm RTA's but the polycarbonate & metal section to me makes it stand out from the rest and give it the Prestige look that I'm sure Aspire were trying to achieve.

1j747zpxpkz61.jpg

The Neeko although only 22mm in diameter looks great with the Mixx

axhlj95npkz61.jpg

In full MTL mode on a small 22mm mod

0tbn9g3tskz61.jpg

Summing up this review with Pros and Cons

Pros

• Design and looks

• Large Simple build deck

• Good machining and solid build quality

• Different appearance options

• Box presentation

• Airflow choices
Cons

• Changing deck airflow insert when a coil is installed

• I'm not a fan of the included MTL 510 drip tip

• Maybe include some coils?
Overall an excellent release from Aspire and this one steps up to its Prestige range siblings and holds its own in the 22mm MTL RTA market.

I keep hoping this will be available soon I think it is a really sleek looking tank with great air flow options, can't wait!!

Back
Top Bottom