What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

MTL asMODus ANANI mtl rta

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200115_17_26_12_Pro.jpg

Beautiful box isn't it.
Prepare to shield your eyes from what lays within. I think it may be worth it though.
The asmodus anani mtl rta has been supplied by the wonderful Ella @Sourcemore who's studiously working from home currently and I hope as with all our friends in China that she keeps well.
The kit includes the Anini, one ni80 28awg coil, one fussed clapton coil, Philips screwdriver, user manual and spare o rings.

WP_20200115_23_42_28_Pro.jpg

Well. Here it is. The Anini comes with various finishes on the base. This one is the brushed steel finish. The top however currently only comes in the ultum yellow finish. 24mm at the base.
WP_20200115_23_44_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20200115_23_43_36_Pro.jpg

The Anini breaks down to reveal some of the finest threading and finish that I've seen in a mass produced rta. Seriously, the threads are like silk.
The base and deck is extremely similiar in design to the kayfun lite but with a much better post system. It's slightly curved where it accepts the coil legs making boiling very easy indeed. The wire seems to want to be trapped by the screws which makes a nice change.
The other difference is the under coil airflow hole.
There's a multi hole defuser that screws into a 2mm threaded hole under the coil. The holes are extremely fine and offer an airflow akin to having your kayfun lites airflow screws set at half open.
Without the diffuser fitted it's like having the kayfun fully open.
Removing that deffuser is no easy task though. Very fiddly work.
Here's where it gets complicated. The instructions state that there's adjustable airflow by turning the deck.. There is not. It's almost like they dropped the idea mid design.hi
The tank section contains a very condensed steel chamber and chimney. On top of the tank is a threaded top which unscrews to reveal three juice full holes which accept small 10ml bottle size nibs so filling is a breeze. The drip tip is a standard 510 fit but for some reason, to add insult to injury, asmodus decided to use green o rings.
WP_20200212_23_01_23_Pro.jpg

visually you will love it hate this on first look. Build wise it's exceptional and really easy to coil and wick. Filling as I say is a breeze. Capacity seems to be 2ml but details are sketchy here.
now flavour.
I really got in well with this tank. The flavour is superb and the draw with the diffuser is just the right restriction for me. I used both 50/50 liquid and high vg liquid (a slice of pow wow) with zero wicking issue's while chain vaping.
This is such a divisive tank. If you like reasonably tight (probably 1-1.2mm) airflow and don't vape like a vacuum cleaner this will soon become a favourite tank as it's so easy to live with.
If you like an open mtl and enjoy clapton based sub ohm mtl then with the diffuser removed, you'll be in heaven but if this isn't your style then probably not for you.
That said at around £15 delivered for an incredibly well made mtl rta. Id recommend giving it a go. Even if you need to vape with your eyes shut.
Fingers crossed asmodus will offer alternative size diffusers and steel top tanks in the future because I think this is so close to being brilliant.

Grab yours here.
https://www.sourcemore.com/asmodus-anani-mtl-rebuildable-tank-atomizer.html
Huge thanks to Ella from @Sourcemore again.

Unusually I'm going to add a link to a review by the vaping postman here. He can be a tricky fella and not everyone's cup of tea but he's a potv member and his review is sound plus this rta needs to be seen in action.

Last edited:
The most ugly fecker I've ever seen. Any good?

As ever. Feel safe following my link. I don't get payed to review or a share of sales. Just The fun of having a look.
this one will be up in a big giveaway I've been promising for ages, once I'm sorted and have sorted the cupboard of doom.
I've no affiliation with the vaping postman but thought his review sound when investigating the airflow mystery.

As ever. Feel safe following my link. I don't get payed to review or a share of sales. Just The fun of having a look.
this one will be up in a big giveaway I've been promising for ages, once I'm sorted and have sorted the cupboard of doom.
I've no affiliation with the vaping postman but thought his review sound when investigating the airflow mystery.

Note to self : Do not enter that giveaway

Note to self : Do not enter that giveaway
OUch, Duly noted. Just for that I will pair it with a nice DNA mod.
I have to admit. The looks of a tank doesn't bother me much. Thought the old taifuns where ugly as sin but it vape so well I used them for ages.

Back
Top Bottom