What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

MTL Ares 2 le

Amnesiac

Postman
Good evening apes,
I am very grateful to @ForestMagpie for sending me this tank from his generous giveaway and thought it would be a good opportunity to use it as a practice piece to review so here goes...

The Ares 2 LE is an mouth to lung (MTL) rebuildable tank atomiser (RTA) with an upgraded look and some new features from the original versions.

16056360761121101943776809229637.jpg

I have the 22mm version but there is also a 24mm version available for purchase, it is a single coil tank with an e-liquid capacity of 2ml.
Within the box you will find a large selection of parts including tools, ready wrapped coils, spare wire, cotton and spares for the tank including spare glass and drip tip.
CollageMaker_20201117_180713786.jpg

The tank has the same bell shaped chamber as previous iterations but one change Innokin made was to stealth out the branding to improve the overall look of the tank.
PXL_20201104_204836947.jpg

The deck is simple and fairly easy to build on, a 2 post system that uses the screws as clamps to hold the coil leads in place, I used one of the coils provided for my first build and although it was pretty easy to fit, it can prove fiddly as the coil will move when tightening the screws.
CollageMaker_20201117_181802774.jpg

The coil resistance registered at 1.0 ohm and I gave it a few gentle pulses at 10 watts to burn off any residual oils. Wicking the tank is a lot simpler than the original ares thanks to the new improved wick ports, previously these were open and you would have to wet your cotton with e-liquid to be able to guide them into place, now they can simply be trimmed and dropped into the ports.
CollageMaker_20201117_182401001.jpg

I used Yorkshire vapers fuzz to wick and had the cotton just peeking out of the bottom of the wicking ports and can report I suffered no dry hits when using this method, the wicking kept up very well.
The fill method is a slide top mechanism with a locking feature built in to the drip tip, once the drip tip is removed you can slide the top of the tank back to reveal the fill port complete with rubber gasket, I really didn't enjoy removing the drip tip each time and have replaced it which is a shame as they are nice drip tips provided that look great on the tank, I also do not enjoy the rubber gasket, it has a tendency to spill out with e-liquid as it is filled which the gets pushed to to side of the tank when sliding the top back, potentially messy.
CollageMaker_20201117_183324934.jpg

Airflow control is a series of punched holes in varying sizes on the outside of the tank and also a customisable screw which Innokin are calling a (cafc) cross airflow control that can be adjusted directly under the coil, this allows for good airflow options and can be fine tuned to give a very tight draw.
PXL_20201104_205356583.jpg

This was one of my first journeys into the world of MTL and I think it was a good tank to use as an introduction into MTL rebuildables, it was easy to set up and gives a nice vape with good flavour and plenty of airflow options for fine tuning, I like the look of the tank with the sandblasted finish and the inclusion of smoked and clear glass allowed for further customisation, I found the accessories provided were very good and allows you to set up and use the tank with only the minimum of other tools which I think is great for the first time builder, all in all I think it is a good tank.

Pros
Easy to build
Good airflow options
Excellent accessories package
Good build quality and looks

Cons
Drip tip safety feature will be annoying to some
Rubber gasket can be messy when filling.

I hope this review is ok and I would love any feedback if possible. Any tips or things I may have done wrong or missed out or could improve on in future.
Thank you

Great review mate, enjoyed reading it! I don't like the fill port either, I find it a bit awkward. Don't mind the drip tip locking though but that's probably because I'm used to the Zlide.

Review is fine mate. It tells us all we need to know. Like the build pics.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, I enjoyed reading it. :)

.. as for "I hope this review is ok and I would love any feedback if possible. Any tips or things I may have done wrong or missed out or could improve on in future."

Just do your own thing and create your own natural style.

What I try to always keep in the back of my head is that it's supposed to be a review not just a load of advertising copy that I can read elsewhere. I'm interested mostly in how you personally feel about aspects of it and your personal experiences of using it, those are the parts I always enjoy and find the most useful... and that's what will make your reviews unique and individual.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, I enjoyed reading it. :)

.. as for "I hope this review is ok and I would love any feedback if possible. Any tips or things I may have done wrong or missed out or could improve on in future."

Just do your own thing and create your own natural style.

What I try to always keep in the back of my head is that it's supposed to be a review not just a load of advertising copy that I can read elsewhere. I'm interested mostly in how you personally feel about aspects of it and your personal experiences of using it, those are the parts I always enjoy and find the most useful... and that's what will make your reviews unique and individual.

Good advice, also don't ever do gush fests @eyeball kid has that mantel sewn up:D

Back
Top Bottom