What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review What tank ?

philTBA

Achiever
This isn't a review as such, but put it here to save the mods/admin moving it as they're a bit busy retraining the forum into behaving itself. :)

I liked these tanks from the day I got my first one, I now have 4, and love them. I have them on different coils, .2, .3, .5, and the RBA deck with a .42 build. The Zephyrus is a top fill, and comes with a .3ohm coil, RBA deck, 2 spare sets of O rings & spare glass. They can be had for £25 - £30 + P&P
They have some sharp bitey bleedy edges when your changing coils !
I've got to know them very well over the time I've been using them. (I'll happily admit, I've too much time on my hands, and I am inclined to over analyse things. :) )
I run all the Zephs with the AFC wide open, and @ 35w. Zephs run from, quite warm to bloody hot. This isn't rocket science, higher resistance = more heat. They will 'pre heat' juice if your using them a lot. (I do chain vape quite a lot.) I've found some juices work better with more heat. I've experimented over the past few days, the Zephyurs will genuinely, suit any vapeing style. All the coils run at between 20 - 50w, you can set the Zeph up to the same draw as a protank I, II or III, and cut the power back to 20w with all the coils. You'll get decent flavour with slightly more cloud than a protank, ideal if your out and about and don't want to chuck clouds. You can open the AFC up, when fully open the Zeph is heading into RDA airflow territory (getting close to a single coil on a twisted messes airflow) and up the power to 50w and you get big flavour and big clouds. They will run hot like this, and be warned, when the juice heats, you can watch the level drop, they will GUZZLE juice at this point. These tanks will cover the extremes, and all points in between. A tank for everyone's style ? Maybe.
The coils can be expensive for UK stock at £11.99 for 4, made worse by varying P&P charges of as much as £4.40, and at that will take around 3 -5 days from order to reach you. Considering I can get an xcube II delivered the next day for £1.50, £4.40 P&P for 4 coils is just havin a laugh !
You can get the full range of genuine coils ( .2, .3, .4, .5 & Ni200) from 3F vape for $16.69 (£11 @ today's exchange rate) inc P&P $2 extra for Ni200 coils. They quote 5-10 days delivery, it's closer to 10, but on 5 separate orders, they've all arrived safely. I've not had any duff coils, and can easily get a couple of weeks from a coil.
The RBA is tight on space, but it's a really nice deck to use. My first ever coil build was on this deck, and it's the one I'm using now. They are really fussy to wick, too loose, it'll leak like a busted tea bag, too tight, and they'll dry hit. You need to aim for what you'd expect to be too loose, just a wisp of wick at the base of the juice channel, and just enough at the top to slow the juice when filling. I had to strip down, wick & rebuild the tank 3 times yesterday, and it's still not just right yet. You actually want it to leak slightly when filling ! (The stock coils weep slightly after filling) It's at this point, you'll hate the stupid bloody RBA deck. Then you'll get it right, and forgive it. It's well worth the effort when you do get it right :D

I've titled this thread to cover add ons. Most have their favourite tank, or one you'd recommend, feel free to tag your 'go to' tank on the end, then any 'what/next tank' type questions could be linked to this thread. :D

Back
Top Bottom