What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA...review

joe clay

Veteran
Vapefly galaxies MTL RTA was kindly sent to me by Vapefly for me to review.

This review is of my own thoughts and in no way am i influenced by this vape company or any other company for that matter.
I have been sent these for me to review this product and to give you the vaping community my honest and true thoughts regarding any product i review, i have NOT been paid or am i likely to recieve any reward for my reviews.

If its good i will tell you and if its shite i will tell you.

Mod used; vaptio superbat
Single coil coming in at 1.2 ohms

Juice of choice; manabush Chiricahua Sun.

Whats In the box;

1* Galaxies RTA 2ml TPD(fitted)
1* Extra 510 drip tip
1* glass bubble tube for 5ml
1* screw driver
2* coils (mine did'nt as i had the pre-sales)
O rings & screws
Manual.

Spec;
Dia; 22.2mm
Hight; 49.45mm
Tank material; stainless steel & glass
Driptip; resin
coils; single
Colours available; black, stainless, gold.

Gear wheel air hole Dia;
1; 0.8mm
2; 1.2mm
3; 1.4mm
4; 1.6mm

The deck on this RTA is simple to build on and allows a decent amount of room even for the smaller round wire coil builders, but maybe a bit of a struggle for coils like all those big claptons and flatwires although saying that a slight 90degree twist of the legs would work, but in my opinion this MTL rta works very well with those smaller dia coils like we used to make back in the day, (god that makes me feel old).
Now please do not think for an instant that this Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA is like those MTL tanks that we used a few years ago, far from it as this RTA has some very clever additions; 2x wheels for adjusting your airflow at the bottom of the rta, 1x wheel on opposite side, which will give you 8x airflow adjustment settings, now it would have been nice for these to be clicky type wheels as they are not loose or tight to turn but over time with use will these become looser? Who knows.

Now this comes with your normal spares of screws, screwdriver, centre air block and O rings, there is NO BF pin as this is NOT a squonk atty

Now to fill with juice is just like the Vapefly Core RTA but unlike the Core rta this cap only has a few grooves 6x to be exact (3x grooves close together on 2x sides (opposite each other) which i did struggle to unscrew at 1st as it had no juice to lubricate, but once it had some juice it was'nt to much of a problem but if tighten to much it could be a task to unscrew if you have big hands.
Like other rtas there is 2x kidney shaped holes for filling with juice and these holes are big so will not be a problem filling.
Now on the build deck in the centre underneath where your coil sits is a block with 2x small vent holes for air flow so airflow hits right underneath your coil and the block can be removed so you can replace it with another block with a bigger airflow (included) and easy to swap with a couple of turns of a small grub screw.
If your a vaper like me who doesn't like your atty to whistle then you will be a bit let down as with the airflow restricted it does whistle, not a lot but enough to hear it.
Now with your coil in place your wick will sit inside 2x small kidney shaped wells that have 2x holes in each well and big enough for juice to seep through to your cotton.
Now this Vapefly GALAXIES MTL RTA is aimed at those who prefer mouth to lung vaping, now having said that i AM a DTL vaper and have been for a number of years so was a bit of a surprise to be sent a MTL rta to review by Vapefly and to be honest i really did'nt want to use this Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA as its not my style, but glad they DID send it me because not only did it change my thought on MTL it also took me back to when i started vaping as with all of us we all started with MTL, now this is in no way a cloud chucker but you will get a decent vapour from it, this RTA is for flavour and flavour is exactly what you will get, and it surprised me how good this was even with the gimmicky wheels.

Being a DTL vaper would i go out my way and buy one ????? Who knows as the flavour is great theres no getting away from that, if i was a MTL vaper then yes i would without a doubt, to be fair Vapefly really are producing some quality atties lately and although i'm strictly a DTL this GALAXIES MTL RTA really has impressed me.

www.vapefly.net

20180831_010124.jpeg
20180831_005834.jpeg
20180830_182850.jpeg
20180830_183210.jpeg
20180830_183346.jpeg
20180831_005929.jpeg
20180831_010011.jpeg
20180830_183506.jpeg
20180831_010055.jpeg

Last edited:
@joe clay Nice to see you reviewing MTL stuff. It's good to change it up, I wouldn't be happy just DTL or MTL and love the variety :D

Great review. Thanks. There's a lot of decent stuff coming out for MTL rebuildables. Glad it surprised you in a good way.

Nice review, I have two of these and use them every day mind you I have two of most MTL tanks except the Billet Box, can't afford two of those!!!

Good write up there mate
Been looking at one of these for a while now and you might just have swayed me.

Back
Top Bottom