What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Vandy Vape Triple II RTA

MrTeaTime

Legend
From @Sourcemore

IMG_20180910_110909.jpeg
IMG_20180910_111036.jpeg
IMG_20180910_111428.jpeg
IMG_20180910_111512.jpeg
IMG_20180910_111554.jpeg
IMG_20180910_111724.jpeg
IMG_20180910_111934.jpeg
IMG_20180910_112911.jpeg
IMG_20180910_113022.jpeg
IMG_20180910_113429.jpeg
IMG_20180910_113927.jpeg

We have here is a tank, sent to me for the purpose of this review from @Sourcemore and will as always be an honest and accurate review based on the fact that I am always right, and what i say is an ultimate truth, which is a gift anointed onto me by the old gods.....in my case, the almighty cokney gods.

"ALL HAIL RAY WINSTONE"

From the pics, you can see that this is a big tank, which it is....but dont let that fool you my little cockney acolytes. Using the supplied bubble tank, not only makes the tank look bigger (which it....er actually is with it on) it gives you a very impressive 7ml capacity :D plus you get a funky resin tank that is matchy matchy with the 810 drip tip. But fear not if you arent a fan of the bubble tank, it ALSO come's supplied with a 5ml tank section which sits flush, although this is clear glass.

Now the whole point of the "triple" is the fact that you can stick 3, yes count them, three coils onto the deck if you should so wish....

Now, im going to put this straight out there.....its a little bit toilet with three coils.....now i only say that as ive ruined 3x sets of coils trying to make it work, and on the third i finally got some results.....although not good ones. In conclusion, you need to be uber careful when using three coils....it will come out stupid low (even for me) and i found the battery drain atrocious even using a triple cell mod.....the trade off for having three coils versus the normal 2 (or one) isnt worth the effort. Yes, the cloud production is epic....but there is no flavour. Ill have another play later in the week, but if im honest, im not exactly sure what three coils "brings to the table" in terms of....well in terms of why.....?

So, dual coils are the order of the day.....

Now, we're in business and have got the tomfoolery of the triple coils out of the way, lets "dive down" and "get close and personal" with the vandyvape triple......

oh, ok, lets not....lets just see how it actually is, using the form of Existential Dance (i am a tree, how does it feel to be a tree?.....swiiiiiiiiiishhhhhhhh)

As you would expect from vandy vape, it comes with spare glass, grub screws, an allen key tool, and spare 'o' rings....its nicely packaged as well. As you can see from the pics, mine is in a rather attractive matte black and swirly blue resin design, which, if im honest, really isnt my thing, but of the colours available, believe me, its the best. Its well made, and no lightweight. The threads are surprisingly good and smooth with no trace of machine oil or other funny odours.

The deck is an absolute dream to work on, and also supplied is a coily type tool which you use to measure the legs of your coils. Again, as you can see from the pics, to get the best flavour, you need to get the coils as high up as is humanly possible into the chamber. Dont be tempted to have them sit low to the airflow....the airflow in this is stunning, and seems to hit the whole of the coil. Sit the coils to low, and my guess is that the air bypasses the coil completely. Ive built 5 different ways, and its fosho better with the coils sat as high up as you can.

Cotton....you will need loads......"use just enough so that it moves freely in the coil and just have a whisp touching where the juice wells are"

Absofuckinglutely not....stuff this like your chritmas turkey.....you want to have enough in there so that the cotton 'just' moves, but you want the juice well full of cotton....it will leak if your shy with your cotton.......

I like the "push" top cap, although how long this will last is something that only time will tell. It seems robust enough, but ive only had this for a few days.

Now actual performance is good. Its been used for three days solid now. Flavour is on point, and its not leaked or weeped once. Now depending on your build and wattage preference, the bubble tank is either going to be a help or a hindrance. Now i settled on a very conservative 0.26ohm build and 65 watts, and for the most part, ive been in flavour contry, and having the 7ml tank capacity is perfect for me. The standard 5ml tank section aint to shabby either, but my own preference is always going to be for the biggest capacity tank possible, and i can live with bubble, and rather garish paint job....

in conclusion, this is a very decent tank....better then the manta, but maybe not as good as the steamcrave supremeXL......

check it out here https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-va...omizer-with-7ml-4ml-capacity-matte-black.html but register for a better price.....

I love mine, and i'm using THREE coils!
Still using the original 3 spaced 26ga 316L coils I fitted about a week ago. Eight wraps each giving me 0.24ohms at 60W in Replay mode and loads of flavour!
Get your 2 coils right up ya! :D

Agree with the wicking though. The first time I did it I ended up rather wet. You need plenty of cotton in the juice wells. I have my coils much lower than yours.
It's a great tank.

Try it with 3 coils its amazing this is a really good RTA .
Great review by the way and some cracking photos too..........

Back
Top Bottom