What's new

Review Tobeco KFL+ / russian 91% clone from eciglondon.com review (with pretty pics)

ill_dawg

Postman
I haven't seen a lot of reviews about this atty, so I thought I'd post this up here.

AfQVRyK.jpg

My original KFL decided to stay out drinking after I had gone home on NYE, and it was a week before it made it back home safely. In that time, not sure if I would ever see it again and reluctant to spend another £70 in case I did, I bought myself a clone from eciglondon. It came to £30 after shipping and discounts. Shipping took about 3 days, and no tracking was available.

Although the website clearly states:
"-Spare parts NOT included"
it did come with a bag of spares. This was lucky, because it was missing the o-ring that connects the chimney to the top cap and stops it pissing juice out the fill hole. Otherwise, everything was as described on the site.

TcT4z5r.jpg

On the outside, the main differences between the tobeco clone and the genuine KFL are the finish (polished on the clone, brushed on the original; no engraving or logo on the clone), and the airflow (I don't have the plus, also the air hole is smaller on the clone). When I took it apart for cleaning, I found lots of machining residue on the threads, and that the machining was generally not up to the same standard as the original.

N6Oo22y.jpg

When I put everything together for the first build, I had a bit of trouble trapping the wires under the screws. They didn't seem to make contact with the blocks, and I didn't feel like getting out my dremel, so I ended up wrapping the leads around the screws one full turn to make sure they were trapped. Not a huge deal, but not something I've had to think about with my kayfun before.

eubzuse.jpg

Putting everything back together, the threads on the metal tank sections were a bit crunchy and ended up haemorrhaging juice after everything was together. A quick strip down and some toothpaste to break in the threads sorted the leak pretty quickly.

qPvD6fK.jpg

When I had everything coiled and leak-free I sat down for a vape and pretty quickly started getting dry hits. I put this down to poor machining on the juice channels.

oU4KRSa.jpg

there seems to be a bottleneck where the horizontal and vertical channels meet. I'll probably drill that out at some point, but for the time being I just tightened the draw, and that sorted out the dry hits and stopped the whistling that seems to plague all the kayfuns with AFC.

So now, after a couple of hours of faffing, I've got something that vapes just as well as the original for half the price. This will be my 'going out' kayfun, for when I don't want to put the real one in harm's way. I would recommend this clone to anyone who is looking for something to take to the bars, or wants to try vaping on a kayfun before paying the full price of admission. Just don't expect it to work right out of the box.

XKqUbQ6.jpg

ZHWqr0F.jpg

QA4YX3x.jpg

It sure does look purdy tho'

Last edited:
Nice review.I can add a couple of things I've found out with my 91% clone.

The O ring you mentioned as missing,on mine it swells with Afro-Diziac T-Juice and pops free of the recess in the top cap causing the tank to empty all over me/furniture/carpet(and dog if she's asleep under my feet as usual)thus causing some grief in the house as GF/daughter aren't big fans of having the entire house reek of aniseed.

According to the various websites I've seen them on,the 91% should have a tank that holds 4.5 ml.If I fill my tank with this amount,the 91% will vape great for awhile then start giving dry hits.If I then remove about 1 ml,the 91% works great once again until the tank is empty.

As my 91% decided to spit its O ring out again a few minutes ago.I stripped it & found the bloody seal on the top of the chimney has moved again & is swollen a tiny bit thus refusing to stay in its recess.I got annoyed,then had a rummage in my tin of spare odds n ends from various attys where I found one of the Protank seals pushed on the chimney holds the seal in place so no more lost juice.

The air hole tends to whistle if I suck hard or there are any drops of juice in it.Remedy is simple,turn 510 end skywards & blow(no power)mop away the drop(s)of juice or don't suck quite so hard.

Thank You for the review.

filling the kayfun, I usually tilt at about 45 degrees with the air hole on the top and the filler hole on the bottom. I keep a finger on the end of my drip tip to stop pressure escaping that way, and that generally keeps it from flooding. I stop filling when the air bubble at the top is just about to disappear under the metal section closest to the air hole, if that makes sense. It won't hold 4.5ml, but you need some air in there to make the vacuum system work. If you're using the metal tank section and filling from a normal bottle, fill with little squeezes and stop when the bottle (again, on the bottom with the air hole on the top) starts sucking back juice when you release. this will get you a perfect fill, with good wicking for the whole tank, in my experience.

For the whistle, I've found you need to set the AFC just right. Some settings whistle on a slower draw, some with a faster draw, but you can generally find something that won't whistle for you.

If it floods, the best way to clear it is to point the drip tip down with a paper towel under it and blow through the air hole. Since the liquid will all be under the juice channels, with air at the top, you won't be forcing any more air into the chamber.

These are just things I have found to work for me. This clone is a lot more finicky than the real thing, but it vapes like a champ when it's behaving.

BTW, ALDI's have a big box of assorted o-rings for around a fiver this week, probably good to have spares around. I'm picking some up next time I go in.

I was just about to order some O rings when I saw your review,then my tank emptied itself all over the fecking place & I forgot.Now I'm back to my 91% chugging out lovely flavourful vapes(I've changed from Protank chimney seal to a piece of silicon tube over the 91%'s chimney,as this is more secure)I'll go order some O rings off ebay(couple quid for 25+ with free delivery)before I forget again.

I refill using a syringe so I know exactly how much juice goes in(and been leaking out)as I didn't trust my 1st fix(PT seal)but the silicon tube is very secure & doesn't affect the 91 performance in any way.I am also using the SS section as I don't trust my juice not to melt the plastic tank(in much the same way its destroyed 2 O rings)

Ok i have just received one of these, courtesy of juicemeup (next day delivery, tis all good :D )

I have nothing to compare it against my experience is a protank 2 and an igo, well i have set it up and woooosh just done an excited wee. This thing to me is awesome, unlike anything that has gone before. I think i have much to try now a whole new world has opened to me, only problem is my mod is brass and it looks a bit naff but, performance is wow just wow.

Just to add i thought it was good to start with, then fiddled with the airflow and now it is set for me and clouds aplenty. I think i have fell in love with a bit of metal, i may join a cult which allows me to marry it :D

Try the chimney micro coil build on this... I use .28mm kanthal and just double wrap 2mm ekowool around and knot it. 2mm dia coil I think and 0.9 ohms
excellent vape

Back
Top Bottom