Review The Throne by Vaptio

MrTeaTime

Legend
DD9B3B96-C140-438C-A152-05AACF48B5D7.jpeg
8D3B974F-15A7-4131-9F68-B5CC625388E2.jpeg
6A39ACED-BC5E-48F2-9B5D-7F0F7E5FA791.jpeg
60A05EFE-0D5B-4978-B55F-FD1B9545A27C.jpeg
14DF9781-3EE1-4E17-ABB9-1D6B640A75E3.jpeg
The throne tank by @Vaptio could very well be the missing link between a true sub ohm tank and a MTL tank in the same package.

I’ll admit to the fact that my vaping habits will always lean towards sub ohming as that is my preferred way of vaping, but even a dyed in the wool vaping hooligan like myself will sometimes like the option of not fogging the front room out or wanting a set up for a night out that isn’t quite as cloudy as my normal set up.

The package comes with 2 different coils to get you going (there are various other smok/aspire coils that also fit this tank, however, for me personally, the @Vaptio coils far and away work better)

1 x 0.25ohm coil which is preinstalled

1 x 1.2ohm coil

The 0.25ohm coil will instantly transfort you to cloud heaven. Like the frogman tank by @Vaptio this coil delivers massive clouds and proper decent flavour. The 2.5ml tank will need topping up fairly regularly, but the trade of for the flavour for this TPD compliant tank is worth the faff of having to refill often.

Again, like the frogman tank, this is a top fill affair and in the 3 weeks I’ve had this, there’s been no leaks or weeping. Again, this makes up for the trade of in juice capacity, and for those of us that drip most of the time anyway. The airflow is excellent and is exactly where you want it to be :)

What makes this tank interesting is the addition of the 1.25ohm coil, AND having airflow control that actually allows you to use this as a MTL tank. All to often, putting a higher ohm coil in a sub tank will result in one of two things happening....no airflow at all or to much airflow, which makes it impossible to vape MTL

The airflow completely closed off on this means NO airflow :D open it to just under a 1/4 with the 1.2ohm coil fitted (for me) gave me a perfect MTL vape, and I would compare it to my KF5 used with the airflow half open.

I used a 70/30 Navy Deluxe by DRIPWORX for a few days and had no issues with wicking at all, the coil easily coped with a higher VG blend. Also used some 18 month old PowWow by @manabush and I’ve got to say, the flavour was outstanding.

So could this be the first tank that can be used for both sub ohm vapers and MTL vapers?

Interesting Sean is that

My personal experience is in that anything that tries to do both .. the air hole under the coil is ALWAYS to big, being able to close the outer airflow down to the correct amount for MTL is great .. but if there is still a huge hole after that it never works properly

If this has got past that stumbling block i would be interested - Ill be somewhat sceptical till i try it though .. for me true MTL requires the airflow to be the same size all the way through to give a proper draw ... in my opinion of course!

Im sure someone will crack it .. I hope these guys have.

Oh hang on .. is this pre-built coils ?

Interesting Sean is that

My personal experience is in that anything that tries to do both .. the air hole under the coil is ALWAYS to big, being able to close the outer airflow down to the correct amount for MTL is great .. but if there is still a huge hole after that it never works properly

If this has got past that stumbling block i would be interested - Ill be somewhat sceptical till i try it though .. for me true MTL requires the airflow to be the same size all the way through to give a proper draw ... in my opinion of course!

Im sure someone will crack it .. I hope these guys have.
The 1.2 coil takes up more room then the 0.25 coil, this seems to make the airflow more restricted(I think)

cheers Simon. i always ask when i see anything with Ni as i automatically think its nickel.

pre-builts have sadly ruled me out :/

cheers Simon. i always ask when i see anything with Ni as i automatically think its nickel.

Ni80 Nichrome is 80% nickel, but can't be used for TC, I guess because it's an alloy of other materials too is why it's stable as a heating element.

Back
Top Bottom