What's new

Review The Prometheus

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
These words are made up from what we call letters. On there own they bear no significance. Collectively they become more than the sum of the constituent parts, they are the ghosts in the literary machine. Worlds will not explode, empires will not crumble and fall but I may need the toilet halfway through. I wrote them after grabbing this to try before buying a real one. This one is not real, it is just an illusion. POTV do not bear any responsibility for any offence I cause.

The Prometheus by Tobeco

prom1.jpg

Prometheus is a bit of a lad in ancient Greece; he's a trickster, a prankster, a Titan who made a man from clay. As an immortal he was left bound to a rock for birds to pack away at his liver, only for it to grow back and happen all over again.

Like Groundhog Day.

Only slightly less painful to watch.

A champion of mankind. So this atty must be the champion of vapekind. But, whereas I know roughly what I getting with mods before I buy them I still like to try out the cloon first to see if I want to dump a large sum of money on it.

Champions are funny things. In order to become one you have to win - which entails a lot more people losing. To me, Grand Vapor came up with a champion-looking device, I really wanted one. So I bought this.

Now, just as I forgave Rich Dawson for being my best mate and nicking my girlfriend, I can forgive the build quality on this because it's built to a price. The leaks from the chamber could probably be corrected if I had the inclination.

Internally it's virtually identical to the real thing. And this is where I've just saved myself a wedge.

Krakens, for me, carry a lot of flavour and vape. The adjustable holes are a breeze. This thing is meant to be a dripper in genny style. I have the same set-up I use and enjoy in my Krakens and I am left going "where's the fucking flavour"?

I can get big clouds - but that's worth bugger all if I'm getting no taste. I've got a tank of scrummy custard in there that comes across a treat in a Kraken or a dripper - but this thing just fails.

I realise that I am putting the kabosh on getting shot of it for money on the forum by writing this but maybe someone will fancy having a punt.

Just looking at the images on FT this is like the real one whereas the FT version looks gash. Therefore I'd expect the vape to be similar to the real one.

I've discovered enough to know that I'll not bother finding out.

In short - don't bother.

prom2.jpg

Last edited:
U obviously came to same conclusion as me then lol

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I am SO glad I didn't bother getting the gold one from UKecig.

Cheer's for that!!! I liked the look of these but I'll stick to my Kraken's now I think!!!:doh:

I have the real one and it's the same as the clone . My opinion is the chamber is far to big and the airflow is to high up

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I've got the FT and have the same with loads of clouds but no flavour,Haven't noticed any leaks yet though.

Well, time heals all wounds - they say.

I tried spinning the cap so that I had one big airhole facing one coil with no airhole on the second...and, err, it works.

I'm now getting a combination of huge clouds from one coil with all the flavour from the other. I couldn't be more taken aback. And the thing is, now it's working like I'd want a genny to work it looks much better to me into the bargain.

Damn. I am going to shell out for a real one now.

Nuts.

I like mine. Yes it can do monster clouds and generally behave like a dripper - you can use it as such. But it is possible to turn the airflow down a lot and wind it with something more than the 0.2 ohms mine is at. I like it a lot. No leaking other than typical Genesis leaking here. With two of them, both Tobeco ones.

Well, time heals all wounds - they say.

I tried spinning the cap so that I had one big airhole facing one coil with no airhole on the second...and, err, it works.

I'm now getting a combination of huge clouds from one coil with all the flavour from the other. I couldn't be more taken aback. And the thing is, now it's working like I'd want a genny to work it looks much better to me into the bargain.

Damn. I am going to shell out for a real one now.

Nuts.

How you got it set up mawsley ?

How you got it set up mawsley ?

Dual mesh wick, .3mm Kanthal microcoils coming in at 1.6ohm each - so .8ohm overall.

Biggest hole opening onto one of the wicks/coils. Filled with HOL's Virginia Prime.

It's a stunningly great vape, I can't put it down now :D

prometheus1.JPG

prometheus2.JPG

prometheus3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom