What's new

The Fogger

I just posted the following as a comment on VapingWern's blog (thx Mawsley), copied here:

I just made my second successful rebuild, after more failures than I can count. Lots of flooding. Lots. I’m using cotton wool, & I’ve found that trimming the ends of the wick to about 7-8mm outside the chamber, then folding them back in and tucking them down into the deck has solved the flooding problem. The trailing ends soak up any juice that would otherwise build up on the deck, and drop into the air hole.
My Fogger showed up without the o-ring over the wick channels, but I have put in a 14mm o-ring, which means the chimney doesn’t have to be screwed down so far, and there’s more thread at the top of the chimney for the top cap to screw onto. Without that o-ring, there was barely a full turn for the top cap to hold onto.

There's another tip I picked up from the ECF thread of Fogger Lamentations: the centre pin and the air tube are part of a single unit with a wheel in the middle that rests against the base of the positive pin - but if it's screwed in tight, it's possible for the opposite side of the wheel to tilt against the base, giving a short. Getting into the airflow section is no easy matter. I gather that for some reason, they put a thread locking compound on the threads there. I had to stick it in a vice and twist it off using long handled grips with the jaws well wrapped in masking tape. If you cut a piece of a thin o-ring and tuck that in between the wheel and the base, it will balance better.

Right, I don't see the point posting another review thread when KMS' is here already so I'm popping my experiences in here.

This is what came out of my box:

2013-10-30 11.38.51.jpg

The first thing I did was to strip it down to have a good look:

2013-10-30 11.21.17.jpg

That o-ring is one of the potential shorts, all looked good so I proceeded to sort the 510 connection:

2013-10-30 11.28.58.jpg

There's the o-ring from the spares kit, they normally sit at the top of the chimney but use one to space the pin from shorting out.

2013-10-30 11.30.48.jpg

Now it's time to bin the shit stock coil and wick:

2013-10-30 11.24.31.jpg

The bottom uninsulated post is the one which came loose on my initial Fogger, on this one it is sound.

I used 4mm silica and didn't bother with the wick o-ring. I've had no problems with flooding but even at 2.0ohm I'm having trouble wicking fast enough.

2013-10-30 11.03.48.jpg

Fortunately the flavour is so incredible that I've not needed to keep hitting it hard, but I've also scored big time with coils on other mods and attys.

What I'm going to do next is try out a microcoil with a mesh/cotton wick like I have working so brilliantly on both the T2s.

For the meantime it's just carrying on with the outstanding flavour I'm getting by keeping the power at 8W and the draw tight.

2013-10-30 11.46.09.jpg

Back
Top Bottom