What's new

The Fogger

K

KulrMeStoopid

This is my stuff, my opinion, it does not reflect that of POTV or any of the other team members and was not influenced by any body other then my annoying self.

I got this in a mini group buy a couple weeks ago and have been using it faithfully every day since.

View attachment 13759
This is what it looks like put together :)

View attachment 13760
And what it looks like taken apart. From top left to right

Bottom piece with airflow controller and spot for the wick and wire.

Centre Air tube

Top cap for the glass tank and centre tube

Drip tip

Glass tank

Top cap

View attachment 13761
Here you can see the well for the wick and coil

View attachment 13762View attachment 13763
And how stunningly sexy it looks on my Nerm filled with TJuice's Red Astair.

Now when I first got this, I didn't really read up on it like I should have. First thing first, turn this bad boy upside down, remove the centre pin screw and place an extra o-ring inside. Seriously. Do it unless you want to short out your device and possibly cause your battery to vent.

Now flip it over, wick it and coil if however you like, with SS mesh or Silica (i have tried both)

Test your OHMs make sure there's not hot spots... drip a lil bit of juice on to the wick and coil so that it will wick properly when you fill it up.

fill up your tank, put on the top cap...

attach to your mod and vape away.

If you have enough wick, it shouldnt flood, but this will take some getting used to and will be trial and error, so if you dont like faff, give this one a pass.

The silicone o-rings that come with it... are shit. They fall apart relatively easy and since I have no idea where to get replacements, the atty will end up obsolete until I can find replacements once they are gone completely.

It is well built though and the vape off this is really good. It's easy to refill, clean, wick... just faffy.

If you have the £ get one.

Pros: A steal at the price, tastes great, looks schexy.

Cons: Bit faffy to tinker with, and the draw could be better

Would I buy it: I did buy it

How do you feel about that: I feel good, sir, yes I do

I coiled up a 4mm strip of silica with the intention of doing a 5mm piece if the thing leaked. But one of the posts fell out so I have no idea what it vapes like. It was a press fit and the post was too small or the hole too big. Trying to screw down a wire just ended up with the post rotating as soon as the lightest of bites was made on the Kanthal.

Well I do, I tried out the stock mesh wick.

Don't do that. Don't ever try that.

Waiting for the replacement unit to arrive. I've not seen one other mention to this problem so I guess it was a POET model.

I'm getting on fine with mine actually and I'm normally not very forgiving of faff, couple this with the fact on actually Ina small Greek Island away from all my gear, I'm quite impressed. 2mm stealthvape silica doubled 5 wraps trimmed to the outside of the holes .. No issues

I had one of these (two? three?) days ago from a UKV member who had despaired of it. Not a beginner, either.

I did get it to behave last evening, and it's a fantastic vape when you get it right, but it's the most unforgiving device I've set up to date. Waaaay more unforgiving than the Aga-T2 was. I've had flooding, leaking, all manner of strangeness. Doesn't help that there's different iterations of the thing with odd fixes, and different problems associated with each. There's a thread on ECF that runs to 80-odd pages full of wailing and lamentation.

I must have a good one, apart form a few dry hits on first coiling it's been faultless in the heat ... Which sadly cannot be said for my spheroid .. Which has leaked like fuck since the day I got to kos

I can only echo the thoughts from ZT other than the fact I is on no Greek Island :17: This is my first decent Atty I have owned and being pretty new to all this thought I would struggle a bit, but touch wood I managed to set it up without too much hassle and it`s vaping like a dream at the mo, I have not put it down yet. I admit it was a little fiddly but I trashed an evod base and smacked it into a piece of soft wood to use as a base. Both hands free made life a lot easier for me to recoil it.

What size o-rings are the one's that fall apart? I have a box full of various sized that might have spares in

Not sure, theyre quite small.... about the size that would fit the internal bit of the threading where the centre pin goes into :P

Vaping Wern has a pretty damn fine explanation of fault-finding and solving here

Back
Top Bottom