What's new

Taifun GT my first impressions

Carlos

Achiever
Seeing as Merino-Teflon asked so nice lol, well here is my first impressions of the Taifun GT

First off This is my first written review and the photos may not be that good with being taken on the phone so lets see

The Taifun arrived on Wednesday after a long hunt for one and I will try and give you a step by step guide on how it has been set up

Firstly the Taifun GT comes in a very nice presentation box, must say it is one of the nicest boxes I have received with a atty in so far (apart from the wand that is lol).

now the exciting part opening the box, my first impression was wow its big and being honest it is quite big being 57mm without the drip tip, but this just around the same size as the Kayfun of 60mm so don't let this put you off trying one. It also comes with a Mtr of 2mm Silica and some Kanthal Nichrome (i think).

The Atty its self is made from Stainless Steel apart from the tank which is 50/50 SS and Plexiglass. The draw can be adjusted by changing the Draw pin in the centre of the Atty, standard is 1.2mm, but other available are 1mm if you like a tight draw and 1.5mm if you like a loose draw for around £1 each plus postage. Also available is a full Stainless Steel tank for around £15 if you are vaping a Juice that may crack the plexi tank.

then came the split down, the threads are very smooth as you would expect from a £115 Atty and the feel quality is very good as well, from left to right you have.
Drip tip.
Top cap.
Top connector which screws onto the part next to it wich is
collector cup (i think its called).
Half tank and a full SS tank is also available from the store.
and finally the base and deck.

Ok set up, you have 2 options on set up Mesh or Silica, I went with Silica and after reading it requires 3 x 2mm or 3 x 3mm for this. I cut my pieces around 7cm long and used 0.25 Kanthal and gave it 4 wraps, you need to make sure the top and tail on the finish on the wraps for when placing on the centre posts. I personally only use 0.25 as I like to vape around 1.2-1.3 Ohm and I find 0.25 works well for me.

On placing the neg and pos I noticed one screw was posi and one was philips, Ive no Idea why this is but just thought i would note it as you might see

Once I had coiled it I pulled up the connector part, this part moves up and down to allow you to coil the Atty with ease or you can remove it and coil the Atty and then place it on the base, it is held in place with a Oring.

Next came the coil test to ensure they all lit up correctly after placing the top connector on, one note is when placing the top connector on ensure you dont end up turning the part you are screwing it onto as this will turn and may twist your wick.

the next stage was to cut the ends off the sliica I cut mine around 4mm away and then you need to fluff up the ends as shown (don't ask me why I read it so I followed suit lol)

Once I was happy with that and I gave the unit a quick check over with a test fire I then juiced up the ends of the Silica and left it for 2 minutes to soak in and then test fired again.

Ok Filling know is the best bit, the Taifun can be refilled at any point and I found this so easy, as a lot know I've had Kayfuns and the faff with the filler valve issues blocking etc, the tank itself holds around 5ml and you can fill it up to the top of the central post only. I placed around 2.5ml in as it was all I had left from Scopes Apple Tart.

next you guessed it hold you atty base upside down and screw in the tank and job done

Summary

my own personal views: The Taifun GT is a outstanding Atty and for me it knocks the socks off the Kayfun 3.1ES, dont get me wrong the Kayfun is a great Atty, I just found it a Pita on the filler valve. I have been vaping this non stop for the past 3 days and I have no issues lye it down, turn it upside down, throw it in your jacket no leaks at all. Yes its big but so is the Kayfun. Yes its expensive at around £114 - £120 plus shipping but my view is you get what you pay for and no doubt some fucker will copy it like they did with the kayfun-dream but it wont vape or have the same quality (sorry little rant its a pet hate when someone copies something at a tenth of the price)

Thanks for looking and hope this helps a few looking at buying one and sorry is the pics are a bit poor.

Carl

Oh hell you did not think I would leave it there without a Video did you, ok as mentioned this is 3x2mm Silica, 4 wraps 0.25 Kanthal, giving me 1.2ohms, Scopes 50/50 Apple tart 12Mg and the battery came off the charger around 20-30 mins ago, on a Chi-you 18650 mode.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnT9yN7XYY&feature=youtu.be

Been looking at one of these, either or the Kayfun. So, would you recommend one of these puppies for someone who wants to not fcuk about and just work?

Most definitely James, I think the Taifun outwins the Kayfun with

setting up
filling
maintenance

The Kayfun has the ajustable draw but the Tailfun has the interchangeable draw pins, you going next saturday mate ill bring it along

Carl

Seeing as @Merino-Teflon asked so nice lol, well here is my first impressions of the Taifun GT

First off This is my first written review and the photos may not be that good with being taken on the phone so lets see

The Taifun arrived on Wednesday after a long hunt for one and I will try and give you a step by step guide on how it has been set up

Firstly the Taifun GT comes in a very nice presentation box, must say it is one of the nicest boxes I have received with a atty in so far (apart from the wand that is lol).

now the exciting part opening the box, my first impression was wow its big and being honest it is quite big being 57mm without the drip tip, but this just around the same size as the Kayfun of 60mm so don't let this put you off trying one. It also comes with a Mtr of 2mm Silica and some Kanthal Nichrome (i think).

The Atty its self is made from Stainless Steel apart from the tank which is 50/50 SS and Plexiglass. The draw can be adjusted by changing the Draw pin in the centre of the Atty, standard is 1.2mm, but other available are 1mm if you like a tight draw and 1.5mm if you like a loose draw for around £1 each plus postage. Also available is a full Stainless Steel tank for around £15 if you are vaping a Juice that may crack the plexi tank.

then came the split down, the threads are very smooth as you would expect from a £115 Atty and the feel quality is very good as well, from left to right you have.
Drip tip.
Top cap.
Top connector which screws onto the part next to it wich is
collector cup (i think its called).
Half tank and a full SS tank is also available from the store.
and finally the base and deck.

Ok set up, you have 2 options on set up Mesh or Silica, I went with Silica and after reading it requires 3 x 2mm or 3 x 3mm for this. I cut my pieces around 7cm long and used 0.25 Kanthal and gave it 4 wraps, you need to make sure the top and tail on the finish on the wraps for when placing on the centre posts. I personally only use 0.25 as I like to vape around 1.2-1.3 Ohm and I find 0.25 works well for me.

On placing the neg and pos I noticed one screw was posi and one was philips, Ive no Idea why this is but just thought i would note it as you might see

Once I had coiled it I pulled up the connector part, this part moves up and down to allow you to coil the Atty with ease or you can remove it and coil the Atty and then place it on the base, it is held in place with a Oring.

Next came the coil test to ensure they all lit up correctly after placing the top connector on, one note is when placing the top connector on ensure you dont end up turning the part you are screwing it onto as this will turn and may twist your wick.

the next stage was to cut the ends off the sliica I cut mine around 4mm away and then you need to fluff up the ends as shown (don't ask me why I read it so I followed suit lol)

Once I was happy with that and I gave the unit a quick check over with a test fire I then juiced up the ends of the Silica and left it for 2 minutes to soak in and then test fired again.

Ok Filling know is the best bit, the Taifun can be refilled at any point and I found this so easy, as a lot know I've had Kayfuns and the faff with the filler valve issues blocking etc, the tank itself holds around 5ml and you can fill it up to the top of the central post only. I placed around 2.5ml in as it was all I had left from Scopes Apple Tart.

next you guessed it hold you atty base upside down and screw in the tank and job done

Summary

my own personal views: The Taifun GT is a outstanding Atty and for me it knocks the socks off the Kayfun 3.1ES, dont get me wrong the Kayfun is a great Atty, I just found it a Pita on the filler valve. I have been vaping this non stop for the past 3 days and I have no issues lye it down, turn it upside down, throw it in your jacket no leaks at all. Yes its big but so is the Kayfun. Yes its expensive at around £114 - £120 plus shipping but my view is you get what you pay for and no doubt some fucker will copy it like they did with the kayfun-dream but it wont vape or have the same quality (sorry little rant its a pet hate when someone copies something at a tenth of the price)

Thanks for looking and hope this helps a few looking at buying one and sorry is the pics are a bit poor.

Carl

Oh hell you did not think I would leave it there without a Video did you, ok as mentioned this is 3x2mm Silica, 4 wraps 0.25 Kanthal, giving me 1.2ohms, Scopes 50/50 Apple tart 12Mg and the battery came off the charger around 20-30 mins ago, on a Chi-you 18650 mode.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnT9yN7XYY&feature=youtu.be

If it's so good, how come you look so bloody miserable, or were you just born with that face? ;)
Great review, by the way.

If it's so good, how come you look so bloody miserable, or were you just born with that face? ;)
Great review, by the way.

Ive had a fucking long month and a longer one in July mate with the new Auction house next month lol

Great review Carl.........looking forward to seeing this next Saturday!

Depends how fussy you are about the offers I suppose ;)
Have you tried that SB before? It's the only juice I've vaped for the last two weeks. Great stuff

Back
Top Bottom