What's new

Review Taifun GS clone - review and rebuild (pic heavy)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
KH18CQB.jpg

Hi everyone, just a few pics and details on the taifun gs clone from fasttech.
I bought this device for £15.27, it took about 2 weeks to get here. It arrived in fairly grubby condition in a neat box with a little bag of spares (including a narrower gauge airtube) :

LzCwYIE.jpg

It also came with a neat little drip tip:

2iczSsJ.jpg

Some specs:

2.7-3.0ml juice capacity
Foggy PMMA tank
510 connection with adjustable center pin
Height without drip tip: 66.7mm (Approx.)
Diameter 17mm
Weight 51g

Here's a look at the adjustable centre pin and the airhole:

ZJuyQgd.jpg

And here's a look at the device broken down:

0X0X241.jpg

--------------------------------REBUILD-----------------------------------

Firstly I gave this device a good clean, it really needed it.
Then I whipped up a quick microcoil. 10 wraps of 0.30mm kanthal around a 2.0mm screwdriver and installed it easy peasy, threaded some cotton through:

a2UX2xi.jpg

QaHwKQg.jpg

lnWcIOJ.jpg

The chamber cap pictured above in the breakdown separates into 2 pieces (wish I'd known that before I started)

L1AYeCF.jpg

I took the bit on the left and screwed it onto the base, leaving the wick tails pointing up:

5euQJNV.jpg

Now the tricky bit. Those tails go through those 2 little holes in the cap. Once through I pulled them up a little and pushed the cap into position, I found it easier to wet the wick at this point. Once I'd got the cap into place I trimmed the tails down to a manageable length:

WghBLkw.jpg

Then I filled up the tank with some peanut butter cookies by Parkes Vaping:

cWUpris.jpg

And screwed the base onto the tank:

Phzhkhp.jpg

Performance:

Not good at first! Dry hits a-plenty. Took the tank off and decided it wasn't wicking well enough. I'd used too much cotton I think. To remedy this I trimmed the cotton tails down so that they were almost flush with the topcap and tried again.
Much better this time, wicking nicely.
It's giving awesome flavour, really top notch and thick clouds of vapour.

Verdict:
Perhaps a little fiddly for some vapers. There are different ways to set it up and maybe the other ways would work better. Personally I can't be arsed with silica or mesh any more so I'll be sticking with cotton.
A tentative thumbs up provided you don't mind a little fiddling to get it working perfectly. I prefer devices like this over kayfuns as you can easily remove the tank and adjust your coil and wick without having to drain your juice.

Thanks for reading,
have a great day,
Paul

FvKV7ud.jpg

Cheers pauly meatballs, I'm thinking of getting my brother one to run on his itaste vv. He's unemployed at the moment and running crappy clearomiser's, one of these with the exact micro coil you built and a bag of cotton should keep him going for a long time and give him a better vape than he's getting now.

I've been weighing up whether to get one or not, like the thought of a rebuildable

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom