What's new

Review Squape review

Phantom Diablo

Achiever
A quick review of the Squape Bottom Coil rebuildable atomizer.

This item was purchased by me from Matt at M-Vapes. http://www.m-vapes.co.uk/store/p41/sQuape__Rebuildable_Atomizer_Clone.html

First off let me say the photos dont do it justice. the quality and finish is outstanding.
There are what seems to be several versions out there from Hcigar, Rainbow heaven and Tobecco among others.

This i believe is the Hcigar version which has the poly windows as opposed to the Tobecco glass windowed version which there have been reports of leaking around the glass.

so firstly the finish.
the suape has an excellent quality finish on, with a superb drip tip and smooth stainless steel drip tip holder section. Below this is the windowed section which has a beautiful grooved finish which forms the main part of the tank.
Below that is where the tank section where the chimney sits and again is a smooth highly polished stainless steel and finally the bottom section which has a lovely knurled grip ring for ease of undoing from your mech.

Inside the quality continues. the base where the pos and neg posts sits is covered in non conductaive ematil which has a greyish colour and and the whole chimney section also has the same coating.
this essentially eliminates shorts.

( again some of the clone versions out there have a different coating with reports of flaking off )

the base has serial number and a delirin insulated adjustable centre pin.

The deck itself is probably THE easiest atty i have had the pleasure to build on. As easy as any single coil dripper ( if not easier than many ) and certainly easier than the Aqua or Russian.

the HUGE added bonus is the way the tank is designed you can actually dismantle the unit and rewick/recoil without having to drain the juice.
The reason you can do this is the chimney actually screws in by way of supplied allen key thus sealing the tank section that holds the juice and stopping juice from coming out through the drip tip.

Quite simply turn the squape upside down unscrew and you can work on the deck while all your juice stays in the tank. simple yet wonderful.

The deck itself is a pleasure to work on too.
The air flow is feed up for the middle of the deck which has a very deep groove that runs all the way across with a post on each side of the main deck.
simply build your coil, pop it on a micro screwdriver or similar and lie it in the groove channel. affix the wire to the heavy and solid thumbscrew posts ( which are slotted so you can tighten with screwdriver). then feed your wick along the groove.
if you prebuild your coil around wick ( silica, bastos and the like) its still the same simple prinicple and with the non conductive deck you dont have to worry about it shorting out.

this is honestly the easiest unit to build on ive come across so far.

AIrflow comes from your 510 connection which has on some models a hole on each side, on others a single hole, with channels going out to the sides for flush mount fitting.

There is no airflow control and some have said the draw is a little tight , and yes you wont be blowing uber clouds with this but the draw is airy enough to give a solid hit of flavour and vapor.

the one other complaint some may have is the size. the tank holds around 5ml which is good for a days vape, however the tank is is 22.7mm wide so wont sit veritically flush on alot of mods ( on a provari with beauty ring it sits perfectly as the ring on pro is 22.7mm.

however ive found this not to be a problem and as you can see from the photos below it sits nicely on both the vela and Chi you.

So once you have built your coil its simply a case of screw the chimney into the tank then add your juice down the small gap around the chimney between chimney and tank ( easiest with syringe or needle nose dripper).

overall build quality and finish is exceptional, ease of use, fantastic and flavour excellent with clouds being good for those not chasing.

If you are one who prefers an airy draw i have seen versions of this that have been drilled out for better airflow, but compared to the kayfun or aqua i dontt find it all that much different.

So if you are looking for an RBA that holds plenty of juice, looks smart and is a doddle to build. i can fully recommend the sQuape.

13425634935_62aba55a8c_z.jpg

13425632415_1911090fb2_z.jpg

13425995564_9d13d0ddf1_z.jpg

shown next to Russian for size reference

13425744463_ac4e872157_z.jpg

on the Chi You

13425986374_012fb04e9e_c.jpg

on the caravela

13425981824_7ae405c90b_c.jpg

They're great aren't they? I think I might just prefer mine to my KFL.

If there was a way to nano it then it'd be perfect.

I use mine on a Chi with a flat top, it looks really sleek.

I had a bit of leakage through the 510 pin but cured this by really tightening the pin up.

The draw is quite tight - I can't do lung hits with this one but I don't really like lung hits anyway. Lots and lots of vapor, probably more than the kayfun, and tasty too.

I'd by another but what I'd really like is one about 2cm shorter.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom