What's new

Review Oumier VLS RDA + Build & Wick Guide

Bought myself one of these from Fasttech, loved the Oumier Wasp Nano so thought this would be it's big brother and too a punt as it was only £10.33 Link below:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/9624557

Is it worth your time reading this review? - a big YES if you like your warm flavour chucking RDA's
(Spoiler alert I HIGHLY rate this RDA)

In this review I will be covering:
  • Looks
  • Stripdown
  • Coiling & wicking
  • General thoughts/review
  • Pros & Cons
So lets start.............

Oumier VLS RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Dual Coil Vertical or Horizontal Build Options

Looks and first impressions

As you will see from the photo's it's a great looking RDA, not loud and suit's pretty much every Mod I have tried it on, it has the VLS logo on the translucent chimney section which I actually like, nice little logo design, as mentioned the chimney/top cover is translucent, obviously it gets quite messy with condensation but it's superb for squonking as you can see if you are oversquonking, it's trimmed off with Stainless Steel base build and a polished top ring hold a translucent 810 drip tip which suits it perfectly, a big pro from me for the overall cosmetic design.

VLS-11.jpg

Here's a photo of it before I stripped it down, I went through 2 7ml squonk bottles of juice and it's stayed in good shape.

VLS-4.jpg

I features a 10 hole airflow (5 each side) which is adjustable, though I found it slightly restrictive but works well, adjusting it for a tighter draw wasn't required, it's just right.

VLS-8.jpg

Contents and stripdown.

Contents are pretty much the same as pretty much every new BF RDA:
  • RDA
  • Baggie of spares including a BF pin (Standard 510 pin was preinstalled)
  • 2 Ni80 Flat Clapton Coils - no info provided on the spec but they are 0.4 Ohms each - 0.20 Ohms dual.
  • Bag of cotton
  • Decent instruction manual with useful pictures.
  • Screwdriver (little blue one I forgot to put in the photo)

VLS-5.jpg

Stripping it down reveals the innovative design of this RDA, very weird to strip, the top pops off as expected but to unscrew the base section is a reversed thread, you have to turn it clockwise to unscrew it to reveal the large disc positive connection which is secured into place with the 510 pin.

The deck has a large novel aperture as a juice well when assembled which also helps when wicking, it's main reason for being this design is access for vertical coils but it's also very effective for horizontal builds (which is the option I have chosen).

Fitting Coils & Wicking.

I first tried it in single coil mode - saimply don't bother, it was very meh and just plain wrong.

So I stripped it down to do a dual coil build, I kind of winged it with a little common sense and fell lucky with the ideal setup, I have illustrated it below in the photo:

It was actually quite easy to build, the slots for the coil legs are some of the best I've used as they are drilled and slotted so the coil kind of drops into place.

The supplied 0.40 Ohm Ni80 coils will give you a 0.20 Ohms build, I spaced them prior to fitting.

Unfortunately the top coil slots will crush the legs of your flat coils so will distort it, it helps if you use you coil rod to keep it in shape but needs a little work after clamping it down.

VLS-3.jpg

Wicking was very easy if you follow the detailed photo I made (Cotton used was Muji as it's quite tricky to use fluffier cotton).

VLS-6.jpg

That's the build complete, all that's left is to assemble the base back on (ANTICLOCKWISE!) and juice it up.

This is where I hit my first niggle:
With it's weird reverse (anticlockwise) thread you have to be VERY careful screwing it onto your mod, make sure it's tight before you start and make sure you only hold the knurled base ring to screw it onto you mod, I have accidentally ended up unscrewing the build deck while screwing the RDA on causing a short circuit - I am fully aware of this now and doesn't bother me, but it is a poor design feature.

Priming the coils with a lot of juice is the best way as it's got to reach the buried bottom coil, I really soaked them up and popped the cap on and squonked for good measures, let it settle and it's ready to vape :)

VLS-7.jpg

The Juice I chose to test this build on was Drip Drop - Do You Sell Pies which is f**king superb! so I knew it was perfect for a flavour test.
https://dripdropvapour.co.uk/e-liquids/do-you-sell-pies-stewed-apple-caramel-100ml-0mg/

I intend to review this juice soon - one for pudding lovers.

I have tried 2 other of my favourite flavours and got the same results.

VLS-9.jpg

Performance.

This took me by total surprise after trying the poor single coil option, it's frikkin amazing for flavour production right off the bat, the price for this superb performance is power, 70 Watts was the lowest and 80 watts for the sweet spot so it's a battery drainer and juice drinker - but boy is it worth it!

My first draw was as most people who drip know very flavour full due to over saturating the cotton, so took a few more draws and popped it down to settle had a cuppa, cleared my taste buds and went out for a normal operating test, it's sublime and the flavour is off the chart, I had tried the 'Do You Sell Pies' in my normal taste test atty before (Athena RDA signle coil in TC mode) and found that to be superb but this raised the flavour even more.

That aside, another huge pro was it's ability to keep wicking, I am getting far more draws per squonk without a hint of a dry hit (remember this is Ni80 wire so can't be used in TC mode) and I tried to over squonk it, you really have to take the piss and sqonk loads before it gives any spitback - a huge thumbs up for that.

The other positive with it's translucent top section is you can see if you are over suonking.

That's pretty much it apart from the conclusion, pros & cons.......

----------------------------------------------

Conclusion

It's easy to sum this one up, this RDA is a flavour machine, simple as that, I actually am hard pressed to think of any RDA, RDTA, RTA etc. that delivers flavour as good as this, as mentioned the trade of is the higher power range to get the most out of this atty (70 - 80 watts) but I simply don't care, I can't put it down and can't wait to get the next flavour into it.

This is not a novelty factor, I have been comparing it to my other 'ideal' setups and they don't come close, at it's price of £10.33 it's a proper 'Brucey Bargain'

Obviously this isn't an RDA for MTL or low wattage DTL users, but anyone else that doesn't mind a warmer vape I highly recommend it, it's couple of flaws are a small price to pay for it's overall performance.

Pros
  • AMAZING Flavour
  • Looks superb
  • Juice delivery is excellent
  • Wicking is easy
  • Price
  • Ni80 Coils included
  • Coil Clamping design is great
  • Almost no spitback unless you oversquonk.
  • Smooth Vape

Cons
  • Anticlockwise build deck design
  • Top coil clamping distorts flat coils
  • I little fiddly to fit coils
  • Single Coil is dreadful
  • Translucent top section can get gunky looking

Final Thoughts - if this suits your vaping style BUY IT!
The cons are mostly minor and I have shoved another in my FT basket.

Links:
Oumier VLS RDA from Fasttech £10.33
https://www.fasttech.com/products/9624557

Drip Drop - Do You Sell Pies
https://dripdropvapour.co.uk/e-liquids/do-you-sell-pies-stewed-apple-caramel-100ml-0mg/

I hope you found this review helpful, I put a lot of effort into this one so comments, corrections appreiated.
Cheers

Cracking review there again mate and some very nice photos too well done mate.........:2thumbsup:.........

Back
Top Bottom