What's new

Review Origen V2 - quick first impressions compared to V1 Clone

Geordie Rob

Achiever
My first five minute quick impressions, compared to tobecco 1:1 V1 clone.

1/ Build quality is top draw feels quality in your mits, everything buttons up tighter than my tobecco v1 but not too tight air control adjustment feels spot on where it was OK a bit loose on the clone, a joy to build on even for a knacker noob builder like me.

2/ One thing that is very different when wicking I found myself pulling loads more cotton through the coil than the V1 due to joined wells, wether that is a good idea or not for me I dont know, I will need to do a few builds to see if for e.g. it maybe better putting the same amount of cotton in as I used to in the split well V1, no wicking issues so far but Ive only had a few pulls on it so far so good.

2b/ On the subject of point two this holds a vast vast quantity of juice in comparision to my V1 clone, VAST difference I was expecting it to hold more but didnt expect it to be this VASTLY different, theres a vast difference for those not got that point yet :grin2:, never dripped down the tip on the V1 due to the spit wells not tried dripping down the tip yet on the v2 due to force of habbit from v1 but tip dripping should no longer be an issue. **Edit a few hours in dripping down the tip just doesnt feel right I dont like it I must be odd.

3/ Taste the V1 was incredible I thought so much so I felt comfortable spending allot of my hard earned (in my opinion) on this ati , very early days but this is touch warmer and stronger than the V1 it tastes amazing, need more time to make a good comparision as this build is lower than I have had in the past give or take .2 ohm.

My shoddy (dont laugh) quick and dirty want to try the bugger ASAP build, 6wraps of .32 round 2mm came out 0.46
DSC_0174.jpg

That should work:

DSC_0176.jpg

Oh yes it does :)
Untitled.png

Am I happy with my purchase? I was a little nervous tbh as unfortunately I am not WONGER'd up and I already had a very good dripper in my opinion in the V1 clone was it going to be enough of a leap for me not to be left disapointed?

Thankfully it was, it sooo was, toooo bloody right I am as happy as a pig in the proverbial shit.

Highly recommended love it.

Hope @vaporsizer @sparkyjuice
Enjoy theres as much as I do mine.

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_01712.jpg

Purchased with my own hard earned from SHMOvapes (Stew is a top bloke for putting up with constant "is it nearly in stock yet" emails)

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Nice write up coils look better than my rush job ribbon/voodoowool.

Oh, and the well is huuuuge !
and I have a 3d to compare !

Nice review, I also got one today from shmovapes. Although the flavour is the best I've experienced to date I'm finding it hard adjusting to the tighter draw. I've been using my zenith v2 with the afc wide open for the past few weeks and I feel that you can't really do lung hits on the origen. I've ordered a drip tip with afc on it so hopefully that gives me a bit more air flow. Just out of interest do you lung inhale or mouth to lung?

Nice write up coils look better than my rush job ribbon/voodoowool.

Oh, and the well is huuuuge !
and I have a 3d to compare !

Interesting that on the 3D, early days for me on RBA's not tried Ribbon seen it mentioned a few times, voodoowool is for sure sexy stuff must buy smaller mm next time.

Interesting that on the 3D, early days for me on RBA's not tried Ribbon seen it mentioned a few times, voodoowool is for sure sexy stuff must buy smaller mm next time.

used 4 strands of 0.5 voodowool and 5/6 coil of 1mm x 0.1mm ribbon
both from stealthvape
ribbon covers more wick for given resistance hence more flavour IMO
can be bugger to get under screws though...and forget threading thru' post hole.

Nice review, I also got one today from shmovapes. Although the flavour is the best I've experienced to date I'm finding it hard adjusting to the tighter draw. I've been using my zenith v2 with the afc wide open for the past few weeks and I feel that you can't really do lung hits on the origen. I've ordered a drip tip with afc on it so hopefully that gives me a bit more air flow. Just out of interest do you lung inhale or mouth to lung?

Congratulations on getting yours today too, agree on the flavour in all honesty I will try different configurations over the next few days I put it on the largest air hole and left it there and I personally was in a happy place for vaping at home, I say home as I think I will start using a dripper out and about may need to cut the clouds down, I didnt really think about this till reading your post normally I would fiddle like mad, e.g. was using an orieco storm yesterday and was messing with the air flow constantly trying to find something I liked and for me I failed I guess my lacking in fiddling is another testiment to how good this dripper is but I for sure must fiddle further see how much more flavoursome it gets with a tighter draw for me.

Not had the pleasure of using a Zenith, sorry not being much help here am I, lung inhales for me.

Hope you get the Origen to where you want it to be.

Thanks for the reply.
Rob

No worries mate. Do you not feel like you're gonna pass out doing lung inhales on the origen? I start to get light headed. Do you reckon I've got too much cotton in the wells?

ribbon covers more wick for given resistance hence more flavour IMO
can be bugger to get under screws though...and forget threading thru' post hole.

Makes sense another new thing learned and to be tested out, cheers appreciate the info.

No worries mate. Do you not feel like you're gonna pass out doing lung inhales on the origen? I start to get light headed. Do you reckon I've got too much cotton in the wells?

I put allot of cotton in there on my first and only build in first pic say 1times visable wick went in well each side for me far more than V1, and tbh too much in my mind could/may lead to a kind of having split well scenario depending on how the cotton is laying and gaps between I could be talking rubish here but feels to me could happen thinking about it logically, not had that issue so far both wicks look to be getting an even amount of juice, in terms of passing out I chain vape but put it this way on this I dont/cant :)

Edit: looking at first pic really 1 times visable rather than 1.5.

Last edited:
last thing from me before I pop off to ZZzzz interested to here folks opinions on drip tip dripping I know in my mind it makes sense and should be a luxury of a dripper the ease of it, but I just want to grab my juice of choice and start laying juice over the wicks and in the wells how i want it, am I mad? should i just force myself for a period to drip blindly away down the tip? as the lower effort appeals but not sure if it appeals enough?

@ least I'm not having to do it so often which makes the move to drip tip dripping even harder to go for.

discuss... sort my head out on this one.

Back
Top Bottom