What's new

Review Origen dripper clone - first impressions (w/pics)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
s40rp3.jpg

Hi everyone,
Just a quick look at the new Origen dripper clone and a few pics.
I bought this from vapor-freak.de for £32 plus postage.
It arrived 5 days later in a little plastic bag, wrapped in paper and stuffed in an oversized box.
It came with a drip tip and a little bag of spares, o-rings, wick and wire and an allen key.
Here is the dripper broken down:

2hn1gk8.jpg

Here's a closer look at the centre post. There's a rather small hole here for threading your wire through.
Unlike the original, the centre pin appears to be stuck in place and non-adjustable.

2j5c2hg.jpg

Here's a look at the deep drip wells. You may notice some burrs around the edges. These came off with a little scrub under the tap.

2vuh5kw.jpg

A closer look at the topcap. The biggest mistake here was that our hapless cloner drilled 4 sets of holes instead of 3.
That means single coils are out.
I was aware of this before I made my purchase. No odds to me as I always dual coil my drippers.

120mdk6.jpg

Thought I'd try an easy first build. Used some premade cheapy wick/wires from FT. Not the neatest job! Will defo try microcoils next.

24bp1.jpg

Here is the Origen clone on a few mods:

wvbz95.jpg

It sure is a looker. I really like the two-tone finish.
Performance:

Vape-wise , it's just great. A smooth, flavour-rich vape with plenty of vapour.

It doesn't seem like the most convenient dripper to use though.
It's pretty fiddly to set up and a dreaded allen key is required for the negative posts.
I'm not sold yet on the vertical coils. With only one end of the coil receiving juice it's not wicking as well as my other drippers.
I'm having to drip more than I thought I would with such deep wells.

Would I recommend this clone?
For the price, maybe not.
I get just as good a vape from my fatty v3 clone and I don't have to drip as much with that one.
Now that the Chinese holiday is over I'm sure FT will be selling a version of this soon for a considerably lower price. (maybe even with the right amount of airholes)

I do like it though, niggles aside. It's certainly the nicest looking dripper I have and the flavour it delivers is terrific.

35hkccw.jpg

cheers for the review, shame about the 4 sets of air holes as i did wonder why twisted420 said dual coils only :S looks great though

Back
Top Bottom