What's new

Review Kayfun Mini V.3 (this is NOT begginner friendly)

Just tried your short leg technique. Worked pretty well less annoying than long legs for sure. I find turn the screws slow and gentle helps lock the wires in as well (probably obvious). Anyway I'm pleased with the result

View attachment 108838
did you use a coil jig? I've practised over and over and mine have came out nothing like that

did you use a coil jig? I've practised over and over and mine have came out nothing like that
Yeah i used a magic stick jig from GB was like a fiver. Ive learnt that if you make a couple of extra wraps then when you take the rod off the jig pull down on the bent end to take a couple back out, it ends up a lot cleaner. For a while i had wonky wraps on one end but this has helped.

It can be a little pain in the backside but like @quincey43 says, if you can build on that, you'll be pretty set. Once you've built it a few times, you'll be able to do it with your eyes shut

May be worth investing in a magnifying glass :D

Lol think i might need one of them magnifying glasses with a stand, (im srs) i wear glasses and even thats not enough i have to have the torch from my phone shining on it to get the wires precisely snipped and clamped down , feel like some bloody mad scientist

Just tried your short leg technique. Worked pretty well less annoying than long legs for sure. I find turn the screws slow and gentle helps lock the wires in as well (probably obvious). Anyway I'm pleased with the result

View attachment 108838

Like the lad said underneath though, you wanna watch that bit sticking out, i had one of them yesterday and it lit up and blew off lmao, then i started using a tad longer legs, no issue what so ever now, i just make sure they curl round and twiddle them off instead of snipping, that way the remaining loose bits stay under the screw

took me nearly an hour to get a coil in mine that was the second attempt for the same reason every time i tightened the screws down the wire popped out though once i got the wire to stay put its a lovely tank and no leaks from it yet to so guess i got the wicking bang on to happy days :2thumbsup:

Lol im still messing about with wicking, but from what ive learnt so far, you dont need alot of wick at all, and make sure the coil AND wick is primed enough or it will just burn out 5 minutes in to vaping,

Lol im still messing about with wicking, but from what ive learnt so far, you dont need alot of wick at all, and make sure the coil AND wick is primed enough or it will just burn out 5 minutes in to vaping,
iv got mind not over stuffed and teasted the cotton out alittle before pushing it in and have the tail just touching the bottom of the deck seems to work for me :2thumbsup:

iv got mind not over stuffed and teasted the cotton out alittle before pushing it in and have the tail just touching the bottom of the deck seems to work for me :2thumbsup:
the 0.35 mm wire must be too thick for those screws, I just cant seem to figure out why it keeps popping out from under the screws!, other than that reason, no matter how tight I hold it in place while I'm screwing it just pops out lol

The mini v3 is a pain in the ass. Main problem for me is getting the legs to stay under the screws which push the wire out when you tighten them.

Fuck this ethical rubbish about patience, fact is pre made coils are expensive and shit.

Gotta admit, this was the exact problem I had. Took me half an hour just to install a premade coil under the stupid little screws. They kept popping out either when screwing it in, or when screwing the other one in. Very frustrating.

However, I've installed 3 more coils since then, and it's still annoying, but you get used to it and get quicker each time.

Once you get a coil working it's a good tank, punchy with good flavour. Still prefer my NatureVape in a Giant tank though.

Back
Top Bottom