What's new

Justfog 2043 - why oh why ??

Pikey Mick

Postman
Took delivery over the weekend of the new Justfog 2043 from My Ecig shop in Cyprus after waiting ages for them to come up with a bigger version of the impeccable Maxi. First impressions on opening the box was Nice ! another well machined product from Justfog .... until I starterd to remove the different components - BLEEEARGGH !

WHY OH WHY DON'T COMPANIES WATCH REVIEW VIDEOS AND ACT ON THE ADVICE GIVEN BY THOSE WHO ACTUALLY USE THE DEVICES INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE CLEVER AND INTRODUCING "NEW CONCEPTS" WHICH MAKE THE ORIGINAL CONS PALE INTO INSIGNIFICANCE !!!

The drip tip is a complete abortion and feels like you have a plate in your mouth with no way of changing it unless you have a good friend who works in a machine shop who can mill you a custom job ! Its about 20mm wide at the base coming up into a "whistle" type tip. I want to vape not play the bloody thing !

Next, those who've used Justfog atties know that the factory wick/coil design is a miniscule offering that means you need to tip the damned thing up to avoid dry hits every time you take a puff. Some say size is irrelevant but in this case it does matter and one can be forgiven for wondering why the designers at Justfog didn't simply address this issue and lengthen the wick which is the point of my rant. I'm a huge fan of Justfog as with a little tweak I believe that these are the best attys on the market, but this one needed some serious work in order to get it working properly.

I filled it with a 100% VG liquid of my own making and sat back to enjoy the "fog"...............

Oh Lordy, I've seen more vapour from farting on a frosty morning so it was straight into the workshop to apply some improvements. Firstly I removed the central tube re the Vivi Nova, I drilled out the two air holes at the base of the tank just above the 510 threading to 2mm and also the two on the central tube itself got the same treatment. I re-coiled it using 2mm ecowool taking the wick to the bottom of the tank and wound up a res/ no res coil to 1.8 ohm.

I filled the tank ( and it does take some filling ) took a draw at 9w and the difference is tremendous !

20131028_100145.jpg20131028_100204.jpg20131028_100332.jpg20131028_100339.jpg
I'm now a happy bunny again but don't recommend this atty unless you're prepared to mess about with it to realise its potential. Looks pretty though if you ignore the drip tip.

I'm off to the machine shop to talk tungsten with my friend...........

Back
Top Bottom