What's new

Review HCigar Trident V2 Clone RDA

Raguri

Nutter!
The following review is written by me, for you, and has not been influenced by anyone else in any way shape or form. Not by money, or sexual favours (DAMN IT!)

This was sent to me by vape geek who asked for people to review a few RBAS/RDAS. I jumped at the opportunity and thought 'what the hell, i'll review anything'. I then got this to do an honest review of, and honest I shall be.

So then, where do we start with this?
I haven't written one of these in so long, it's hard to know really.

I guess looks is a good thing to start with, since this is what sways most people. Not functionality or anything like that, but how the thing looks. Afterall, you don't want to be sucking on something that looks too much like a unicorn (Okay, maybe I do), but you also don't want to suck on something that looks like The Hunchback of Notredamns dick.
This, actually works well in the looks department. As you are probably aware, the Trident is a 21mm RDA. It WILL NOT sit flush on your 22mm mods. However, it will still look bloody gorgeous. Why? As the cap 'swells' like a barrel and you are left with a slight bulge either side... The new airflow ring really does pull the look off, and makes the RDA in my opinion (More of this later!). For me, looks wise, it's a bloody good looking bit of kit.

Now then, time to take its top off and talk about the posts.
Again, most of you probably know I am a cloudy, I DO NOT use wire smaller than 0.5mm... The trident with its slitted posts WILL take 2x0.6mm wire. This is good in my books, as IGO Ws and the like, will not! :( The only issue is, with a total of 1.2mm of wire in the centre post, it can be a bit of a pig to tighten up, and for it to remain straight. However, it's do-able, if you're slow and careful. Treat it like a woman, and it'll tighten down.
Deck wise, there's not really a juice well, more of a tiny lip... This, to me, isn't a problem. But for those of you who like a nice pool of juice under your wick, it will be. Easiest way around this, is to pack it full of cotton. (Which I haven't done, as you'll see underneath in the photos...)

NOW THEN, Time for the main bit.
I have killed countless RDAS, and as a result, I test the insulators on them whenever I get them through my totally unscientific method. I coil it, don't wick it, then do 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off, for a total of 3 goes.
0.6 ohms at 4.2 v - No bubbling, or smell, or burning.
0.3 ohms at 4.2 v - As above.
0.14(ish) ohms at 4.2 (This is my daily cloud chaser build)... - Slight bit of bubbling, and some smoke..

Whoops. (I did mention I was going to be tough on this though!) ;)

So, the above results don't really bother me too much... why? As i've had drippers fail that test at 0.6 ohms... Seriously.

The airflow on this, is also not suitable for a build as low as my daily clouder. And personally, it does leave me a bit... perplexed. It has quite a wide range of air hole sizes for single coils, but only ONE for dual coils... Which isn't even the biggest hole on the device... :( Personally, I'd rather have two of the bigger holes.

So, for me, the airflow is lacking in the size of the holes. But, if you do a sensible setup on this (8 wraps of 0.6mm kanthal, around 1.8mm dual coil)... My god it gives some flavour! A nice warm, dense vape, that you can feel going down into your lungs. Flavour wise, it is blooming close to my genuine double cross, and that costs quite a fair amount more.

So, would I buy one?
Yes. Yes I would. The airhole thing is easily sortable outable with a drill, and the looks alone are awesome. So, when you see them in stock, grab one and don't look back. It's cheap enough not to care if you drop it or scratch it, and when set up well it gives a cracking vape.

Pros:
Looks
Ease to build on
GREAT for single coils
Decent insulators

Cons:
Annoying centre post screw thing when using thick wire. Slow and gentle fixes this though.
Coils need to be set quite low.

output_zpsy0kds1ak.jpg

output_zpskt8hureg.jpg

output_zpswpywbki0.jpg

Thank you for reading, and if you made it this far down, I applaud you.

Last edited:
Nata sends a dripper to the guy who kills drippers - couldn't have gone through a tougher test :D

[USER][/USER]
Nata sends a dripper to the guy who kills drippers - couldn't have gone through a tougher test :D
In all honesty,i didnt expected Someone like Rags to be so mean towards drippers. He strike me more as a gentle musician from a band that teenage girls will love and get wet at his presence :P

In all honesty,i didnt expected Someone like Rags to be so mean towards drippers. He strike me more as a gentle musician from a band that teenage girls will love and get wet at his presence :P

I believe Sam has sorted all his incontinence issues now.

[USER][/USER]

I wish... can they be over 16 for once? I seem to be a jailbait magnet :(

I believe Sam has sorted all his incontinence issues now.

Ass hole.

But ZT picks on me :'(

Forum rules, clause four, subsection 17.9: Applying to every forum member except Raguri.

Ignorance of the rules is no defence.

Without rules where would we be? Anarchy, that's where. Harmonious communes making group decisions, sharing labour equally and all having the same access to the produce of their labours. Is that what you want? Seriously? A peaceful agrarian-based society built on the foundations of equality and fairness?

You mad, mad fool.

Back
Top Bottom