What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Geekvape, Ammit mtl RDA

eyeball kid

Legend
In progress...
Ok all, today we have the geekvape ammit mtl rda for testing and yes it's supplied with squonk pin.
It's also supplied with plenty of spares including a choice of three, yes three drip tips. Each one getting slightly larger in airflow diameter.
A nice manual, guarantee cert, multi tool, and pre made Clapton coil is also included.
WP_20180826_15_20_42_Pro.jpg

For full transparency, Ella from sourcemore contacted me asking if I'd review a couple of items for POTV if she included a discount code. No strings, so how could I say no.
Make of that what you will. As always I will be as honest as possible but check the review a few times as I'm writing this only 72hrs after it arrived to make sure the discount code is valid for as long as possible. So should something change, I will update the review.
WP_20180826_15_21_47_Pro.jpg

Now this is a single coil affair as you'd expect for mtl and the coil is gripped via ample clamp holes in the coil posts.
I've been looking forward to reviewing this one as I'm a huge mtl squonk fan so rather than use the supplied clapton I went with my usual 1.1 ohm, 2.5mm kanthal coil. Easy enough to fit but I'd say any wire smaller than 28awg May be a juggle to get clamped firmly, (we've all been there).
WP_20180826_15_28_54_Pro.jpg

The design of this rda is incredibly good. The liquid squonks up into a deep deck set under the coil, so the wick tails hang down into the well and the squonk hole is set above the deck floor so a little juice reservoir is always available if you squonk regularly.
WP_20180826_15_29_20_Pro.jpg

The airflow is set high up on the rda and is controlled by an airflow ring with a Cyclops hole on one side which allows you to adjust from a tiny 0.8mm hole up through graduating holes. So you can effectively open as many holes as you like up to a very open mtl draw.
On the other side of the ring you have a single air hole opening allowing you to dial in the exact single airflow hole you require.
WP_20180826_15_29_47_Pro.jpg

Ok, the top cap is where this rda gets interesting. Although the outer diameter is 22mm, the actual coil chamber is under 20mm as the airflow runs down the gap between the outside cap and the inner coil chamber dome. The air then enters the deck via two holes in the deck side and then come up under the coil via two airflow holes.
The under coil airflow holes are on angled slopes so you have one at the front bottom of the coil and One at a higher angle behind the coil. (Hopefully the photos show this better).
Initially when I saw this I'd lost a bit of hope, but on use. I stand corrected, the flavour is deep and rich. Absolutely spot on. Actually a similar style of vape to the berserker mtl rda but with better flavour and less turbulence (thanks to the two angled airflow points)
WP_20180826_15_30_23_Pro.jpg

The other plus of this design is a can't get it to leak. The top cap is held firmly but not as firm as some geekvape rda's. So it won't come off by accident but you can actually remove it without resorting to the tool box, lol.
WP_20180826_15_42_05_Pro.jpg

So far all I can say is I've run three different juices through it at different viscosity and they've all wicked beautifully and delivered genuinely first class flavour.
I put this on my inbox yesterday to replace my ever present strike and I've no interest in swapping back anytime soon. It's definitely the equal of the strike in flavour and it has the benefit of being leak proof.
WP_20180826_15_43_54_Pro.jpg

The geekvape ammit is currently available for an incredible price of around £20 from https://www.sourcemore.com/geek-vape-ammit-mtl-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-ss.html

Ella has supplied a discount code too but I've just tried it and it's not having it, so I will update this tomorrow.
Eyeball kid recommends this one as a winner.

Ok guys use the POTV discount of SMAMTL and you will grab one for under £19. Billy bargain.
Products link: https://www.sourcemore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ammit+MTL+RDA

Last edited:
I have been tempted by this one but I tend to do mtl on tanks usualy tobacco flavours, on my squonkers/drippers I go more for a restricted dtl with fruits or custards/ bakery.

I have been tempted by this one but I tend to do mtl on tanks usualy tobacco flavours, on my squonkers/drippers I go more for a restricted dtl with fruits or custards/ bakery.
That seems pretty common practice.
I can say I've really enjoyed tight ; to on a squonker. The biggest benefit for me is the ease of rewicking. Like you, tobacco is my mainstay and rewicking is constant. With a tank this can be a chore where as with a squonk rda it's just, pull the old wick, dry burn, rewick and go.
It's very hard to return to a tank after, lol.

That seems pretty common practice.
I can say I've really enjoyed tight ; to on a squonker. The biggest benefit for me is the ease of rewicking. Like you, tobacco is my mainstay and rewicking is constant. With a tank this can be a chore where as with a squonk rda it's just, pull the old wick, dry burn, rewick and go.
It's very hard to return to a tank after, lol.
You make a good point about rewicking, it can be more time consuming with a tank. As I said I don't use my tobaccos in the squonker but maybe I should give one of these mtl rda's a try. I might order one around Christmas possibly the Ammit making my non squonk regulated mods redundant, if replicated the tanks.

You make a good point about rewicking, it can be more time consuming with a tank. As I said I don't use my tobaccos in the squonker but maybe I should give one of these mtl rda's a try. I might order one around Christmas possibly the Ammit making my non squonk regulated mods redundant, if replicated the tanks.
I think mtl squonking takes a little getting used to mentally, which is ironic as that's how it started but once you've adjusted then tanks do become hard work, lol.
I love the dvarw. It.gives me a similar vape to the strike rda with the 1mm airflow adapter but restocking is a pain. Removing th juice covered coil chamber ect. Seems to take ages.
Also carrying a couple of day's worth of juice and power in one little box makes life easy. I.don't ever have to check the juice through the day because of course I've got enough.

Back
Top Bottom