What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review EHPro Big Bear RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having tried to do the Youtube review thing I can understand @Victor1st wanting to post his reviews here, I started doing reviews based on the feeling that it would be fairly easy - It Isn't, reasonably quick - Jesus god no, editing takes forever - and Fun, which it was - after a fashion. However I soon realised that A, I didn't have the kit - although I was working up to more suitable camera & Audio equipment. B, I didn't quite have the technique (which I could learn and perfect eventually) and C, I didn't have enough money or time to really do it justice. The one thing I did have though was the courtesy to reply to comments directed at me on the forum. I've watched Vic's reviews and quite enjoyed them so I've nothing against him as a reviewer, however I do feel that if you are going to post reviews on the forum then you should make yourself available to reply to comments on the forum. It's not about Clique's, or hating, or even jealousy - It's about respect, respect for the forum, and respect for your audience.
I'm sure @todd , @pappaspud & @Doormandean will agree with me - if you lose your audience you lose everything and I'm sure all three will agree that it's only common courtesy to reply to a sincere request for information or help.
Whilst I do disagree with the tone of a few post's in this thread (From both sides of the debate I might add) It does seem to be an issue that needed raisng, where @OccultScientist @junglist and the moderators go with it is their decision - but whichever way it goes it did need to be dealt with, now it has been...:adminpower:

[emoji23][emoji23] love it [emoji476]

IMG_0706.jpg

Having tried to do the Youtube review thing I can understand @Victor1st wanting to post his reviews here, I started doing reviews based on the feeling that it would be fairly easy - It Isn't, reasonably quick - Jesus god no, editing takes forever - and Fun, which it was - after a fashion. However I soon realised that A, I didn't have the kit - although I was working up to more suitable camera & Audio equipment. B, I didn't quite have the technique (which I could learn and perfect eventually) and C, I didn't have enough money or time to really do it justice. The one thing I did have though was the courtesy to reply to comments directed at me on the forum. I've watched Vic's reviews and quite enjoyed them so I've nothing against him as a reviewer, however I do feel that if you are going to post reviews on the forum then you should make yourself available to reply to comments on the forum. It's not about Clique's, or hating, or even jealousy - It's about respect, respect for the forum, and respect for your audience.
I'm sure @todd , @pappaspud & @Doormandean will agree with me - if you lose your audience you lose everything and I'm sure all three will agree that it's only common courtesy to reply to a sincere request for information or help.
Whilst I do disagree with the tone of a few post's in this thread (From both sides of the debate I might add) It does seem to be an issue that needed raisng, where @OccultScientist @junglist and the moderators go with it is their decision - but whichever way it goes it did need to be dealt with, now it has been...:adminpower:
Absolutely, and to be honest I am a prime example. Through the middle all the way until the end of last year I became burned out, I rarely posted reviews, neglected my Facebook group and didn't reply to my subscribers YouTube comments, and my views and sub counts took a dramatic decline. I've never been about subs or views, I don't monetise so it's not an issue of money...but I love vaping and the social side of it, so I kicked myself up the backside and started taking it seriously again...but the proof was there, if you don't communicate with your audience, they'll go elsewhere

I think I've been guilty of not replying straight away in the past, I may have even mentioned it on here, but I'm fairly sure I've got there in the end. It can be a bloody nightmare trying to keep up with YT, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, as well as the forums. I'm truly hopeless at Twitter though, I just don't understand it (but that's more because I'm old and shit I think), and that is in no way an excuse for being an anti social unhelpful wanker btw, just one of those things.
While I often come onto POTV for a mooch about and see what people are talking about, I tend not to post a great deal on here though unless I think I can add something worthwhile to the conversation - which is pretty rare to be honest, and I'm like that with all social media apart from my own (and I'll post all kinds of shit on there) - but also I know that I don't always keep up with the goings on here so don't want to start a big old convo about something and not be able to follow it up if needed, but that's just me.

Looking back I think forums can be incredibly helpful to any aspiring YouTube, Blogger, or Podcaster, but I do personally feel that you should be available to answer stuff if it's required. I think it's easy to forget forum interaction unless you're a regular poster because we're awash with a metric fuck-tonne of social media platforms now, and if you're an old forgetful useless wanker like me then that certainly doesn't help the situation.

Do I think that viewers and new 'talent' for want of a better word can benefit from videos being posted on forums? Yes, absolutely, but do I think it should be done respectfully and mean you're available for questions - even via PMs? Yes, very much, otherwise you're using the forum as a billboard and that's it. I completely agree with Damian, if you don't interact with people, they get bored and find someone else (Damian even replied to one of my YT comments recently, I felt well special :-D )

There's always a place for videos, explaining some things are just easier with a vid, but equally written reviews absolutely have their place, and that's where a forum like this can be ridiculously helpful - and to be fair, not many forums have survived the onslaught of social media, so that says something pretty great about POTV IMO

Fuckin' 'ell, trust the bigtymers to get all serious and shit :D

Way I see it, is you reap what you sow.

As for the OP?

1i1hba.jpg

I think I've been guilty of not replying straight away in the past, I may have even mentioned it on here, but I'm fairly sure I've got there in the end. It can be a bloody nightmare trying to keep up with YT, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, as well as the forums. I'm truly hopeless at Twitter though, I just don't understand it (but that's more because I'm old and shit I think), and that is in no way an excuse for being an anti social unhelpful wanker btw, just one of those things.
While I often come onto POTV for a mooch about and see what people are talking about, I tend not to post a great deal on here though unless I think I can add something worthwhile to the conversation - which is pretty rare to be honest, and I'm like that with all social media apart from my own (and I'll post all kinds of shit on there) - but also I know that I don't always keep up with the goings on here so don't want to start a big old convo about something and not be able to follow it up if needed, but that's just me.

Looking back I think forums can be incredibly helpful to any aspiring YouTube, Blogger, or Podcaster, but I do personally feel that you should be available to answer stuff if it's required. I think it's easy to forget forum interaction unless you're a regular poster because we're awash with a metric fuck-tonne of social media platforms now, and if you're an old forgetful useless wanker like me then that certainly doesn't help the situation.

Do I think that viewers and new 'talent' for want of a better word can benefit from videos being posted on forums? Yes, absolutely, but do I think it should be done respectfully and mean you're available for questions - even via PMs? Yes, very much, otherwise you're using the forum as a billboard and that's it. I completely agree with Damian, if you don't interact with people, they get bored and find someone else (Damian even replied to one of my YT comments recently, I felt well special :-D )

There's always a place for videos, explaining some things are just easier with a vid, but equally written reviews absolutely have their place, and that's where a forum like this can be ridiculously helpful - and to be fair, not many forums have survived the onslaught of social media, so that says something pretty great about POTV IMO
Not reading all that on a Saturday! Lol

I got to about 14 pages in and had to stop reading....

It's a pretty shitty thread and I'm not overly impressed by those claiming to not see what the problem is.

@junglist @OccultScientist do you not think that this thread has perhaps run its course and should be locked to prevent further replies?

This is not what i joined Potv for and it's not showing us in the best light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom