What's new

Review Digiflavor Siren GTA 22mm and 25mm plus Build

Hi Vic

Nice review

Question. Why would you not make the wick longer, so that it reaches the bottom of the tank? Do you not get dry hits when the juice levels falls below the length of the wick?

Hi Vic

Nice review

Question. Why would you not make the wick longer, so that it reaches the bottom of the tank? Do you not get dry hits when the juice levels falls below the length of the wick?

1. Short wicks mean less break in time.

2. You will be vaping the Siren mouth to lung...the tank will not be ploughing through juice so the action of tipping the tank while vaping will be enough to keep the wicks moist enough to feed the coil with enough eliquid. Dry hits won't happen...it just won't!

Sorry Vic if I stole your thunder there.

2. You will be vaping the Siren mouth to lung...the tank will not be ploughing through juice so the action of tipping the tank while vaping will be enough to keep the wicks moist enough to feed the coil with enough eliquid. Dry hits won't happen...it just won't!

Sound advice mate. No point waiting for Vic to reply...

Awesome. And it turns out you (and Vic) are absolutely spot on! Not a single solitary dry hit.

This is really quite a brilliant little beasty

My go to tanks are a Kayfun V5 and a Rose V3 (both clones, because I'm poor) and given how rock solid this is coupled with the brilliant performance, I might have a new favourite

Absolutely delighted with it

Let me revise my statement a little. I started to get a burnt taste. It didn't quite taste like a dry hit, but similarly, I'm not running anywhere near hot enough to burn my coil out

I followed Vic's build to the letter and it WAS flawless, until last night

I chucked the cotton out and re-wicked, but this time made the tails long enough to hit the bottom of the tank. So far so good, but am just wondering if there is any detriment to doing this? I can't think there would be, as would imagine that the more cotton soaked in juice the better? I'm not getting leakage or any popping or anything

Thoughts?

Let me revise my statement a little. I started to get a burnt taste. It didn't quite taste like a dry hit, but similarly, I'm not running anywhere near hot enough to burn my coil out

I followed Vic's build to the letter and it WAS flawless, until last night

I chucked the cotton out and re-wicked, but this time made the tails long enough to hit the bottom of the tank. So far so good, but am just wondering if there is any detriment to doing this? I can't think there would be, as would imagine that the more cotton soaked in juice the better? I'm not getting leakage or any popping or anything

Thoughts?
What wattage are you running the coil at and what juice are you using?

16w and its a 70vg juice

Cheers
At 16W I feel you are hitting the coil too hard...top out at 14W.

What type of juice are you using eg tobacco, fruit, is it sweet, etc...?

Flavour base can have a big effect on how easy your juice can burn. With the restricted airflow of MTL it is very easy to burn your juice and at 70vg, I know it's not max vg but it is still quite thick for MTL.

Back
Top Bottom