What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Cthulhu - Hastur Mini Single Hole Airflow Post

I think it's worth a try .... it's a subtle difference. I don't think it would turn a tank you liked into one you don't like... or visa versa which is probably a good thing, it's not like the Savor where it fundamentally changes how the tank vapes.

... although it is a noticeable difference. (I'm aware that does sound a bit like a contradiction!)

I’m struggling a bit with it. I can’t seem to get it right. I keep trying but just can’t seem to get much out of it. Think I need to watch another couple of videos. I put a 1.0ohm coil in it tonight and Wicked as per a you tube video. I really want to like this tank. Even tried some vandy vape fused MTL wire. I couldn’t get the chimney back on. Dope!

I’m struggling a bit with it. I can’t seem to get it right. I keep trying but just can’t seem to get much out of it. Think I need to watch another couple of videos. I put a 1.0ohm coil in it tonight and Wicked as per a you tube video. I really want to like this tank. Even tried some vandy vape fused MTL wire. I couldn’t get the chimney back on. Dope!

I just keep it simple ... 28awg spaced, 2.5mm ID .. 1.28 ohm and 1.69 ohm in mine at the moment .... coil on top of the legs, then I lower it slightly... ends up looking something like this, I wrap 360 right around the screw, it just makes it easier ... stuff some cotton through, poke it down ... almost to the deck or just touching usually, I don't worry too much either way, it always wicks fine for me. I don't find it a fussy tank, that's a lot of why I like it. ... but that also means I don't know what to suggest. :D

IMG_20180802_132747.jpg

I just keep it simple ... 28awg spaced, 2.5mm ID .. 1.28 ohm and 1.69 ohm in mine at the moment .... coil on top of the legs, then I lower it slightly... ends up looking something like this, I wrap 360 right around the screw, it just makes it easier ... stuff some cotton through, poke it down ... almost to the deck or just touching usually, I don't worry too much either way, it always wicks fine for me. I don't find it a fussy tank, that's a lot of why I like it. ... but that also means I don't know what to suggest. :D

View attachment 168085

Cheers Simon. I’ll give it a go. Perhaps I’m trying too hard or overthinking it. Back to the drawing board. I know this tank is good. So many can’t be wrong. Determined to get it right. [emoji106]

Cheers Simon. I’ll give it a go. Perhaps I’m trying too hard or overthinking it. Back to the drawing board. I know this tank is good. So many can’t be wrong. Determined to get it right. [emoji106]

I'd like to think that's the case but ... I tried the doggystyle twice, neither time I lasted more than a day on it.... didn't like it at all and couldn't figure out why loads of people liked it ... same with the berzerker mini, which I thought was a horrible tank. :D

..... it does happen, sometimes I just think it doesn't suit how someone vapes for whatever reason. It doesn't make people right or wrong. :)

I'd like to think that's the case but ... I tried the doggystyle twice, neither time I lasted more than a day on it.... didn't like it at all and couldn't figure out why loads of people liked it ... same with the berzerker mini, which I thought was a horrible tank. :D

..... it does happen, sometimes I just think it doesn't suit how someone vapes for whatever reason. It doesn't make people right or wrong. :)

I have the Berserker in fact I have 4. Love them. Can’t seem to get the Dvarw right either. Might just accept that they aren’t for me. [emoji3] I’m just determined I’m getting it wrong.

I have the Berserker in fact I have 4. Love them. Can’t seem to get the Dvarw right either. Might just accept that they aren’t for me. [emoji3] I’m just determined I’m getting it wrong.

haha

I do admire your determination, if a tank isn't clicking with me in a couple of days I tend to just leave it .... I just can't be bothered to mess around. .... that might sound like I'm not giving it a fair chance, but experience tells me that my experience doesn't usually change over time or however many different builds and wicking methods I try. .... and if I do nail it after weeks of messing around, then I'm not sure I want a tank that needs that much messing around anyway. :)

haha

I do admire your determination, if a tank isn't clicking with me in a couple of days I tend to just leave it .... I just can't be bothered to mess around. .... that might sound like I'm not giving it a fair chance, but experience tells me that my experience doesn't usually change over time or however many different builds and wicking methods I try. .... and if I do nail it after weeks of messing around, then I'm not sure I want a tank that needs that much messing around anyway. :)

Yes- I suppose you’re right. Must stop reading the next best MTL threads. I’ll give your method a go and then if no good- to the classies it will go. Cheers for your advice as always. [emoji106]

I've tried my standard 2.5mmID 5 wraps spaced fused clapton (VV superfine MTL Ni80 wire) (30*2/38 AWG) and the vapor was a bit too hot (couldn't taste anything) compared to the Berserker Mini for example where the same build works great! I'm vaping the Hastur Mini on the largest hole btw + Nautilus 2 drip tip.

Maybe I should try this 1.6mm single hole deck.
From 1 to 10, how much colder is the vape on the largest airflow hole + the single hole deck for you ? :)

I've tried my standard 2.5mmID 5 wraps spaced fused clapton (VV superfine MTL Ni80 wire) (30*2/38 AWG) and the vapor was a bit too hot (couldn't taste anything) compared to the Berserker Mini for example where the same build works great! I'm vaping the Hastur Mini on the largest hole btw + Nautilus 2 drip tip.

From 1 to 10, how much colder is the vape on the largest airflow hole + the single hole deck for you ? :)

I wouldn't say it was colder, but I like a very cool vape anyway ... I'm not sure you could get much cooler than how I vape already.

... but I'll say 1. :D it's not a huge difference.

28ga Kathal 5 or 6 wraps @ 2.5mm = 1.4-1.6 ish ohm coil and perfect at 10/11 watts.

Back
Top Bottom