What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Baby Beast RBA coil...a sort of Mini review

I have watched a YT vid on these coils and they look like 3mm coils...The Clapton's and twisted should fit, but I would stay clear of the quads etc. because you can't be sure how thick the overall wire is and you might get a short with the others.
That's excellent, thank you for the advice I really appreciate it

That's excellent, thank you for the advice I really appreciate it
Honestly if I was to give a little advice...Grab yourself a reel of 26/32 Clapton wire, a set of coil jigs, some ceramic tweezers and bookmark Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
http://www.steam-engine.org/

...Let yourself loose making your own, it's cheaper, much more interesting and much simpler than you think.

Honestly if I was to give a little advice...Grab yourself a reel of 26/32 Clapton wire, a set of coil jigs, some ceramic tweezers and bookmark Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
http://www.steam-engine.org/

...Let yourself loose making your own, it's cheaper, much more interesting and much simpler than you think.
Funny you say that, I have been looking at the coil master DIY kit (v3) today. Comes with everything I would need so very tempted [emoji106][emoji4]

Funny you say that, I have been looking at the coil master DIY kit (v3) today. Comes with everything I would need so very tempted [emoji106][emoji4]

I have a v3 ... Excellent kit and everything you will need[emoji106]

I have just bought the Coil Master V3 kit everything you need barring cotton comes with one coil of wire bought this box of wires to finish my starter kit off thought it was good value and keeps the wire neat and tidy
Original Youde UD Wire Box
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Kanthal-Nichrome-Twisted-Clapton/dp/B01ARVGP1Y

Hi, I'm also planning to buy the Alien Kit with Baby RBA.

What do you think about this toolkit from Vapor Tech?
http://www.vaportechonline.com/rebuildable-accessories.php

That's the only toolkit sold by my local vape store. If it's not good enough, i'm considering to search in other store.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, I'm also planning to buy the Alien Kit with Baby RBA.

What do you think about this toolkit from Vapor Tech?
http://www.vaportechonline.com/rebuildable-accessories.php

That's the only toolkit sold by my local vape store. If it's not good enough, i'm considering to search in other store.

Thank you in advance!
Doesn't look too bad, would definitely do the job. I would say the coilmaster diy kits are the gold standard because they have been doing them for so long but you do pay a bit more for them because of some of the item differences.

If you can get the vaportech tool kit for the right price then I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The biggest differences are the jig and tab...The vaportech kit only has an ohmmeter whereas the coilmaster kit has a build tab which fires the coils also. The coilmaster jigs IMO are second to none again because they have been producing them for so long and have perfected the design. The tools in both are probably of equal quality.

If you have the extra cash then go for the coilmaster v3 kit, if not i would say the vaportech kit is worth the money, I know online they go for about £20...What is your local store selling them for?

Doesn't look too bad, would definitely do the job. I would say the coilmaster diy kits are the gold standard because they have been doing them for so long but you do pay a bit more for them because of some of the item differences.

If you can get the vaportech tool kit for the right price then I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The biggest differences are the jig and tab...The vaportech kit only has an ohmmeter whereas the coilmaster kit has a build tab which fires the coils also. The coilmaster jigs IMO are second to none again because they have been producing them for so long and have perfected the design. The tools in both are probably of equal quality.

If you have the extra cash then go for the coilmaster v3 kit, if not i would say the vaportech kit is worth the money, I know online they go for about £20...What is your local store selling them for?
First of all, thank you so much for your explanation. I'm newbie in vaping, and I just realized the difference between the two ohm meter. I think I will just use prebuilt wire for the beginning, therefore I don't really need the complete toolkit. I will save some more money to buy the coil master kit you recommended. :)

My local vape store sell it for around £23 btw.

One more question please. For newbie who want to use prebuilt wire, do you think I should buy the alien kit, or just the alien mod and buy another tank? I'm considering to buy Medusa RDTA or Avocado 24 from GeekVape if I buy the mod only. My consideration is it will be cheaper, since the alien kit doesn't include the RBA, which my local vape store sell for £8.

First of all, thank you so much for your explanation. I'm newbie in vaping, and I just realized the difference between the two ohm meter. I think I will just use prebuilt wire for the beginning, therefore I don't really need the complete toolkit. I will save some more money to buy the coil master kit you recommended. :)

My local vape store sell it for around £23 btw.

One more question please. For newbie who want to use prebuilt wire, do you think I should buy the alien kit, or just the alien mod and buy another tank? I'm considering to buy Medusa RDTA or Avocado 24 from GeekVape if I buy the mod only. My consideration is it will be cheaper, since the alien kit doesn't include the RBA, which my local vape store sell for £8.
The baby beast is the best of both worlds ie. has an rba section and stock coil options but had a very small build deck. I tend to go down the re-buildable route now for pure cost effectiveness. Both the other tanks you mentioned are purely re-buildable.

The medusa is a really interesting design, watched a few YT reviews on it...more of a dripper/RDTA hybrid.

The avocado 24 is a nice tank though and as a starter re-buildable is probably perfect especially as you can use a blocker to single coil the deck.

All three have very good flavour... although I have never tried a medusa yet, I have tried the other two.

I can't make that decision for you as they are all very good choices. So my advice watch a few reviews on YT and see what you think of each.

I just wanted to add that the V8 Baby RBA fits the Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast, but the glass doesn't fit the Big Baby Beast so you're left with a 2mm gap at the bottom of the glass, which effectively means you can't use the RBA with the Big Baby Beast unless you can source a longer glass section.

No that's wrong, the big baby beast tank comes with its own RBA and glass by default, the RBA itself is the same as you would buy for the baby tank, but as the big baby tank is 5ml and 24mm it has its own bigger glass for the RBA. I have one, its awesome, the flavour is much better than any of the coils imo.

Back
Top Bottom