What's new

Review Baby Beast RBA coil...a sort of Mini review

Lol. Now I sound stupid for asking the question. Currently using my subtank mini with it's rba deck. Just got myself the Smok Alien kit and the rba deck. Waiting for my frogstar batteries, hopefully it will come by tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Damn, if you have been using the subtank RBA up till now, you will be a veritable expert with the baby beast RBA. The subtank RBA's definitely had their moments...I know coz that's what I used to use[emoji5]

What are the specs for the pre-made coils if you don't mind me asking?

Really appreciate you taking the time to write this review!

I have been vaping for over 12 months at around 12 watts and recently upgraded to a Smok Alien kit, love the kit but it's eating through coils. Been looking at picking up the RBA and doing a little research before I do... I think I am now committed to this!

I have just seen that VapeClub have a 10 pack of premade 0.4 Ohm clapton coils which I think would be a good bet to start with and I can get the cotton you recommend... only thing left to buy is the RBA. Can't find it for sale on the sites I have ordered from before, could you recommend one to pick it up from (or get it all from which would be even better :))

Really appreciate you taking the time to write this review!

I have been vaping for over 12 months at around 12 watts and recently upgraded to a Smok Alien kit, love the kit but it's eating through coils. Been looking at picking up the RBA and doing a little research before I do... I think I am now committed to this!

I have just seen that VapeClub have a 10 pack of premade 0.4 Ohm clapton coils which I think would be a good bet to start with and I can get the cotton you recommend... only thing left to buy is the RBA. Can't find it for sale on the sites I have ordered from before, could you recommend one to pick it up from (or get it all from which would be even better :))
Thanks for the thumbs up.

I got mine at Vape Inc...Cheapest I have seen, at the time there was a discount code floating about but I don't think it applies anymore.

https://www.vapeinc.com/collections/smok/products/smok-tfv8-baby-replacement-coils

Thanks for the thumbs up.

I got mine at Vape Inc...Cheapest I have seen, at the time there was a discount code floating about but I don't think it applies anymore.

https://www.vapeinc.com/collections/smok/products/smok-tfv8-baby-replacement-coils

Thanks again... next question lol (sorry)

I have seen that they offer the pre-made coils too, could you say which one you think would be best??

https://www.vapeinc.com/products/diamond-mist-pre-built-coil-range

Available in the following formats :
  • CLAPTON 28G + 24G - 0.4ohm
  • CLAPTON 30G + 24G - 0.35ohm
  • CLAPTON 32G + 24G - 0.4ohm
  • FUSED CLAPTON 28G - 0.7ohm
  • HIVE 26G - 0.25ohm
  • HIVE 28G - 0.3ohm
  • TIGER 24G - 0.3ohm
  • TIGER 26G - 0.4ohm
  • TIGER 28G - 0.5ohm
  • TITANIUM TWISTED 28G - 0.2ohm
  • QUAD TWISTED 26G - 0.2ohm
  • QUAD TWISTED 28G - 0.25ohm
  • STANDARD TWISTED 26G - 0.35ohm
  • STANDARD TWISTED 28G - 0.5ohm
And then the Koh Gen Do Organic Japanese Cotton?

Really appreciate your help

Forgot to add, I am currently on the SMOK V8 BABY Q2 COILS at 0.4 Ohms which I enjoy

I don't really understand the difference between a 24G and a 30G?

Last edited:
I have now been on a different site (which has all items in stock), this is how my basket looks... will they all work together (sorry for the amateur question)

Also, as I will be using pre made coils and have the Smok Alien which tells me the Ohms when I change the coil, will I need a coil tester?

Basket.png

Coils are:
Kit contents
  • 10 x Lemo 3 Pre-built clapton coils
Specification
  • Atomizer resistance - 0.85ohm (approx.)

I have now been on a different site (which has all items in stock), this is how my basket looks... will they all work together (sorry for the amateur question)

Also, as I will be using pre made coils and have the Smok Alien which tells me the Ohms when I change the coil, will I need a coil tester?

View attachment 119789

Coils are:
Kit contents
  • 10 x Lemo 3 Pre-built clapton coils
Specification
  • Atomizer resistance - 0.85ohm (approx.)
Sorry I was away...Was about to say the diamond mist coils will need to be a higher resistance to get 0.4 ohms from your build but the pre built coils you have there should be about perfect.

If you are looking to get into rebuildables...grab yourself a set of ceramic tweezers and a coil jig. These items are a must. They will take all the effort out of trying to screw your coils into the rba.

What diameter are the prebuilt coils? I ask because the baby rba has a limit of about 3mm coils

Sorry I was away...Was about to say the diamond mist coils will need to be a higher resistance to get 0.4 ohms from your build but the pre built coils you have there should be about perfect.

If you are looking to get into rebuildables...grab yourself a set of ceramic tweezers and a coil jig. These items are a must. They will take all the effort out of trying to screw your coils into the rba.

What diameter are the prebuilt coils? I ask because the baby rba has a limit of about 3mm coils

Quite alright, when I posted that last message I thought.. I think I'm hassling him now lol

Website doesn't say how wide they are: https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/lemo-3-pre-built-clapton-coils-x-10.html

I'll be honest, I'm just trying to get it all from the same place to save on postage costs

If I were to go with Vape Inc, would you know which of the pre-made coils I can use? (ignoring the resulting Ohms for now)

• CLAPTON 30G + 24G - 0.35ohm (SOLD OUT)
  • CLAPTON 32G + 24G - 0.4ohm (SOLD OUT)
  • HIVE 26G - 0.25ohm
  • HIVE 28G - 0.3ohm
  • TIGER 24G - 0.3ohm
  • TIGER 26G - 0.4ohm
  • TIGER 28G - 0.5ohm
  • TITANIUM TWISTED 28G - 0.2ohm (SOLD OUT)

Last edited:
If I were to go with Vape Inc, would you know which of the pre-made coils I can use? (ignoring the resulting Ohms for now)

• CLAPTON 30G + 24G - 0.35ohm (SOLD OUT)
  • CLAPTON 32G + 24G - 0.4ohm (SOLD OUT)
  • HIVE 26G - 0.25ohm
  • HIVE 28G - 0.3ohm
  • TIGER 24G - 0.3ohm
  • TIGER 26G - 0.4ohm
  • TIGER 28G - 0.5ohm
  • TITANIUM TWISTED 28G - 0.2ohm (SOLD OUT)
I have watched a YT vid on these coils and they look like 3mm coils...The Clapton's and twisted should fit, but I would stay clear of the quads etc. because you can't be sure how thick the overall wire is and you might get a short with the others.

Back
Top Bottom