What's new

Review Aspire Cleito. Quick look.

philTBA

Achiever
I'd seen the usual bumf and hype on the lead up to release of these, I hadn't been looking for anything new, as I was happy with my current line up. These sorta pricked my interest, as they looked to be a similar design as the Zephs, with no restriction or narrowing of them chimney at the drip tip and words like 'huge' and 'massive' air flow. Long story short, I ordered one, and it turned up today.
I went for the black option, purely as I haven't had any black tanks. It came with the usual spare glass, .4 & .2ohm Vertical coils, with a twist, 4 different coloured silicone top cap things, supposedly as a heat cover for the top cap. It's a well made good lookin tank, all the threads are clean and easy to put together. The black finish looks more like anodised rather than black paint.

The coils are the chimney, the top cap screws directly to the top of the coil/chimney, with a one piece, non removable drelin sleeved drip tip. Even with really dodgy hands, these are a breeze to fill.. You can see the size of the wick slots, and there's 4 of those. I'm pretty sure these'll wick whatever you throw at them.

The coil/chimney set up is wider than the Zephs, and they're bloody wide with zero restriction at the drip tip.
This is down through the drip tip/top cap to the 'chimcoil' (saves typing ! )

All the hype about massive/huge airflow ISN'T hype, it's a fuckin UNDERSTATEMENT ! !
Have a look at this photo.

At that setting, this has the equivalent airflow as a Zeph set wide open ! (There's 4 of those slots round the base.) Wide open, these tanks will match the airflow of any twin coiled dripper I've had. It's HUGE !
Yes, there's a lot of vapour, and at full chat on the .4 coil (60w) they get through juice at an alarming rate, at 40w it doesn't seem too bad, but I'll update that in a few days. Flavour is on about a par with the Zephs, but it may need some settling in time, and some tweeks on power/air to get the best out of it.
Oh, the aspire site says there'll be an rba deck released in the near future. :)

Last edited:
Nice write-up. Just a pedantic point, though; there are only three airflow and juice holes (which is plenty!).

Nice write-up. Just a pedantic point, though; there are only three airflow and juice holes (which is plenty!).

Good spot that ape, well saved ! :D Cheers, any reviews I'd seen had said there where 4, me bein a bit of a twat at times, didn't actually look PROPERLY, and with a half look seen extra slots ! Or, the reviews said 3 and my brain heard 4. In that case I need to adjust my meds ! lol

First impressions of this are good, so far. I'm coming up on 5.5 tanks through this now, (I stopped using it last night at 8pm, and started using it again at around 9.30 this morning) there's been no signs of leaks, even when filling with the air slots wide open, of after the tank had been left 1/3 full on its side overnight. The .2ohm coil is marked as 55-70w the .4ohm 40-60w. At 60w with the .4 coil it gets through juice like you've just won an unlimited lifetime supply of every juice you like ! Seriously, I took 5-6 full draws at 60w and mullered about a 1/4 tank of juice.
The .4 will run absolutely fine at 35w without much of a drop in the amount of vapour or juice consumption, it improved the flavour with one juice. You can push the .4 to 70w without signs of overheating the juice, possibly higher, but I'm not goin there, not even for you fine apes ! (I was gettin a nic rush from 3mg nic juice after 3 draws !) I'm running this @ 37.5w and 3x 1.5mm air slots, at that it's only a fraction tighter than a Zeph set wide open. It's starting to get 'whistley' at that.
I was slightly concerned about the tall wick slots drying out once the juice started getting low, and the possibility of a top half dry hit. Even at the level (and lower) in the photo below, the full wick slot stays visibly wet and full of juice, and they extend right to the base of the tank.

I'd mentioned the spares briefly. The silicone rings are a sort of heat shield to keep yer lips from getting roastie on the top cap, as it screws directly onto the coil. At lower watts, heat hasn't been an issue for me.
4x silicone rings & vape band.

Like vape bands, I took an instant and equally strong dislike of these abhorrent things !
They both ruin the clean lines of tanks for me. In fairness, aspire seem to have put some thought into these tanks. The top cap covers, while designed mainly to reduce heat transfer, they'll also give some extra grip, handy as the top cap does tighten up with the heat build up from use. Like the Zephs (and probably others) there's no 'skeletal frame' support inside the glass, the included vape band is a nice touch. (I'll still not be using either)
The quality of fit & finish is lovely, clean, crisp machining, no sharp edges and silky smooth threads throughout. The .4 coil has been stable, reading bang on .4 dry, rising to .44 once primed and hasn't moved since. (So far)
Be under no illusions, this is an extremely airy tank, and even @ 35w with the air flow almost closed, the Cleito will get though juice at an alarming rate ! If you like anything from a lot of clouds, to frankly, anti social amounts of cloud, the Cleito is the tank for you !
The flavour isn't bad, but it'll take some playing around to get the best on that side of things.
At £19.99 + post (from UK ecig store) it's worth a punt if thirsty, airy, cloud factories are your thing.

Just to finish off. A 5 pack of coils range between £14 - £15.50 + post for UK stock, I picked up a 5pack of genuine Aspire Cleito .4ohm coils from 3fvape for $18.69 inc shipping. (£13.30)

great review. and have to agree a great all round tank.

As a side note from the above great review, do not tighten the top cap too much, it seals great so doesn't need to be very tight, this reduces the risk of undoing the coil when removing the top cap, pity aspire didn't reverse thread the coils or cap to eliminate the chance

Back
Top Bottom