What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review aqua rba overview/build (clone)

I'm just wondering if some 2mm voodoo in that would be my ideal ADV device,replacing my shitty chinese clone dripper thing.I have an Aga-S with dual coils,leaks like a sieve unless held upright but being tiny,produces lovely flavoured vapes(it has wider air holes drilled,as do most of my devices)and I love the capacity of the Russian,but it has too tight a draw for lung hits unless I'm stood still/sat down.

Chegs, you vape like I do so I would suggest yes, its ideal, its getting me through 8 hours without refilling bur I'll use ir exclusively tiday and report back

Chegs I use 3mm silica in mine, it just fits in the channels without too much squashing and wicks really well. I wrap the coil around two strands and then trim one of the strands right back to the coil.

It's pretty easy to fine tune the taste/throat hit by lifting or dropping the coils level

I've rebuilt this tonight. Used 8 wraps per side of .45 kanthal, yes its like fence wire. Came out at .6ohm, nice warm vape, I like the coils parallel with the locking nuts, good flavour for me, well pleased with this atty, its very capable, very easy to build/maintain, I cant wait to get it on an origin now, it'll nicely fill a place in my collection, nanely a bottom coil 18650 hybrid.

Ok.

One thing that was bugging me. I kept getting a gurgle, I had a little time today where I had to look busy without being busy so I had a look.

The gurgle is caused by juice collecting in the well between the top of the chamber and the drip tip. The drip tip hole on the 510 end is much smaller than the bore of the chamber.........

Remove oring, CAREFULLY grip drip tip in mole grips, carefully run a 5mm drill through the whole drip tip, countersink both ends then clean up the edges with sandpaper/wire wool, give it a good wash under the tap to remove any swarf.

Refit o ring, job done, no more juice collecting, no more gurgles, its now even better for lung hits.

I get my origin clone on Saturday and I just cant wait now, its likely to be my favourite mech set up for out and about convenience, performs like a good dripper and enough capacity for a few hours sole use without topping up.

Back
Top Bottom