What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review aqua rba overview/build (clone)

gords1001

Achiever
Ok, so at weekend I finally got myself an aqua clone. Its been on my list since first learning about them.

Basically its a dual coil, bottom coil atomiser with adjustable juice control and adjustable air control (ish, you can close it down but soon get it wide open, its great for lung hits). It needs to be noted that it is a 21mm device, primarily designed to hybrid on the origen mod, a future purchase for me for definite now).

Here it is stripped and ready for rewicking, mounted on my nemesis clone.

I'll cover the build for now as I'm using it as a 510 device, I'll add the hybrid set up on the end as I can sort of use it on my kultura.

So, the deck. As its got fixed bottom fed air holes its always going to be dual coil. Remember, *two coils halves the resistance, *so if you want a 1ohm build, you need two, 2ohm coils.

As you can see, the posts are secured with thumb screws, and there are four wick slots, its made for silica, *which for me, means cotton and micro coils everytime. This build is .9ohm, I'm thinking it can go much lower, *which really interests the lunatic in me.

Here are the wicks ready for trimming and seating.

Yes, they are long and scruffy, but they pull freely through the coils, which is the important bit, the scissors and a little juice, will sort things out.

As you can see here, I've dropped the coils a little to see if it makes any difference, *I will put another tank through and report back

Here's the wicks wetted down, ready for the chamber to be fitted.

As you can see, I put them right down to the bottom of the slots this time, last time they were halfway up and wicked fine with no flooding. You can also see that whith the chamber screwed fully in you still get juice fed to the wicks, cotton wicks far better than most silica I've used so I've not needed to use this feature yet.

Here's the chamber on. Along with one of the two supplied drip tips (all my drip tips fit, but I quite like this one tbh).

And here it is filled and ready to vape. Its a clever design, the tank is the airflow control. You screw it fully down, fill to the bottom of the threads, start the top cap on the top threads, then invert, let the juice flow down and screw the top cap home, then, holding the drip tip down to prevent the chamber opening, you screw the tank back up to reveal the airholes in the base, it only needs cracking to give a regular airflow, I like it wide open so I open the tank till their fully revealed.

Thanks for reading. *I'll add any thoughts on the hybrid mode once I get an origen.

Smallish tank, but flavour beast!
Too strong on some for me, and that's on silica!
Good piece of kit and some nice piccies there gords1001

Cheers Motorheaded, I'm blown away by it tbh, its an awesome little tank. You are right, with dual coils 2.5 - 3 ml dont laast long, particularly with a nice huice in there, but the flavour with such a small chamber is untrue, dropping the wicks has muted it a touch so I'll be lifting them back up when its empty again.

For me though, its an easy build, none cracking, none leaking bottom coil tank, I just hope there's a brass origin available when I get paid,that'll make for a gorgeous set up.

gords1001 I got one of each from FT. Not impressed with the switch on the steel one, but I just use the brass one on steel tube. It's much better. I'll photo in a bit.

gords1001
1173794_10203513071095219_458219214_n.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I found brass ones over here, which is what I'll likely go for, I want a brass mod and I want a bottom coil 18650 hybrid. That would tick both boxes, and I could always polish the crap out of the brushed stainless tank.

Motorheaded. Drop the pictures in here if you will, its very relevant to the thread as well as thoughts on the switch and if it can be improved?

Yep, I need a brass one of them in my arsenal.

If thr bank wasn't empty I'd order now tbh

Nice, I can live with that look for sure. Thanks for sharing, I love hybrids but their all either gennies or drippers, and mainly 18350 which doesn't really do it for me, its nice to have the option, but I much prefer 18650 cells myself as it saves me carrying spares.

Back
Top Bottom